Author Topic: Sasori Crossplay. Help Plez! D:  (Read 37729 times)

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Sasori Crossplay. Help Plez! D:
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:10:48 pm »
I Might Not Have Posted This In The Right Place But I Was Looking For Some Tips On How Exactly I Would Make The Wing/Blade Thingys On Sasoris Lower Back......Well Actually Im Looking For Tips To Make Sasoris Total Upper Body o.o'''' There For Sakuracon And Kumoricon 09' =D
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sasori Crossplay. Help Plez! D:
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:15:41 pm »
A bodysuit would be a good place to start. You would have to hide the harness for the wing-blades under that, so fanangling a way into it would be interesting. The coil of cable hanging out of his stomach would be the next major stepping stone. You would have to find a way to thread the cable (or stuff you're using for cable) through the bodysuit without it sagging so as to create a 3D spool effect. His heart would be the easiest part, simply glue the canister to the requisite place and paint.

Was I of help?

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:57:23 pm »
A bodysuit would be a good place to start. You would have to hide the harness for the wing-blades under that, so fanangling a way into it would be interesting. The coil of cable hanging out of his stomach would be the next major stepping stone. You would have to find a way to thread the cable (or stuff you're using for cable) through the bodysuit without it sagging so as to create a 3D spool effect. His heart would be the easiest part, simply glue the canister to the requisite place and paint.

Was I of help?
Yush You Were Very Helpful =D Only One Thing How Exactly Do I Make All Of That? ._.
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 05:22:38 pm »
The problem with props like the wings is making them sturdy enough not to fall apart when you bump things.  Which you most certainly will, in crowded con halls.  I'd suggest using wire to make the basic shape, then using papier mache on the wings.  It's light and durable (not waterproof though :X), and holds up well.

I was just thinking about how one would go about making Sasori, and I was thinking perhaps you could get ahold of the torso of a mannequin that they use in stores to display clothes.  You might be able to cut it in half and wear the front of it over your actual chest, then just add the coil of wire and stuff to that.  I don't know how cheap/practical that would be though...
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:31:51 pm »
I was able to buy a huge sheet of plastic to make the claw for one of my costumes. That would work really well for the wings but I am not sure if it would hold up well if you bumped into anything....maybe if you bolted them together it will hold up fine (I just used a hot glue gun was why I thought it might not hold up not because the plastic wasn't sturdy)

I don't have the website bookmarked anymore but I believe it is http://www.professionalplastics.com/
but I don't have the exact type that I used. I have to go now but when I get back I'll look for the link ^_^

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:16:14 pm »
The problem with props like the wings is making them sturdy enough not to fall apart when you bump things.  Which you most certainly will, in crowded con halls.  I'd suggest using wire to make the basic shape, then using papier mache on the wings.  It's light and durable (not waterproof though :X), and holds up well.

I was just thinking about how one would go about making Sasori, and I was thinking perhaps you could get ahold of the torso of a mannequin that they use in stores to display clothes.  You might be able to cut it in half and wear the front of it over your actual chest, then just add the coil of wire and stuff to that.  I don't know how cheap/practical that would be though...
Hmmm Good Ideas I'll Have To Try It =D Thanx So Much For Helping Me ^_^
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 06:18:54 pm »
I was able to buy a huge sheet of plastic to make the claw for one of my costumes. That would work really well for the wings but I am not sure if it would hold up well if you bumped into anything....maybe if you bolted them together it will hold up fine (I just used a hot glue gun was why I thought it might not hold up not because the plastic wasn't sturdy)

I don't have the website bookmarked anymore but I believe it is http://www.professionalplastics.com/
but I don't have the exact type that I used. I have to go now but when I get back I'll look for the link ^_^
Hmm But If I Made It The Wrong Way (being as tiny as i am) It Could Blow Me Over If There Happened To Be Any Wind o.o' But Never The Less Great Idea.

Thank You So Much =D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:35:00 pm »
its very light....I mean the whole sheet isn't but it is 70'' x 48'' so that is HUGE (all of it weighs about 8 lbs, or at least that is what the package said) It would weigh about the same as a pair of angle wings that you would put on your back.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 10:07:09 am »
its very light....I mean the whole sheet isn't but it is 70'' x 48'' so that is HUGE (all of it weighs about 8 lbs, or at least that is what the package said) It would weigh about the same as a pair of angle wings that you would put on your back.
Hmmm I'll Have To Go Back To Portland And Pick Up A Couple Of Sheets Of That =D Now All That I Hope Is The Fangirls Dont Hurt Me Like At The Kumoricon T-T
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 10:46:16 am »
Well if you are wearing a really epic costume like that then you don't have to worry about random people attacking you. They will always ask (or at least from what I have experenced) so they wont ruin their costume. My Albel costume was the same way and I never got attacked.....but I never wore it very long.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:34:11 am »
Ah, Ok Thats Good Cuz Random Attackings Arnt Very Fun ._. And Hopefully Alot Of Pple Will Want To Hug And Take Pics Cuz Im.......Very Big On Getting Attention It Makes Me Feel Noticed =D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 11:35:14 am »
I'm sure there will be a lot of people if you go that extra steep ^_^

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:39:41 am »
Yeyness! XD Oh And That Reminds Me Wernt You With That Really Good Sand Siblings Cosplay? =O I Was The Overal Wearing Ritsuka Who Asked For Gaara's Pic :3 But I Made My Friends Ask For Me Im Terribly Shy Around Pple ;_; Yet I Love Attention o.e
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 12:32:21 pm »
Yeah that was us. A lot of people were really shy and didn't want to ask us for our pictures. A lot of people took our pictures without us knowing XD

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 01:23:51 pm »
XD Atleast I Get Someone To Ask =D Cuz Pple That Take Pics Without Other Knowing Sounds....Stalkerish XD I Thought You Guys Where Awesome :3
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 01:33:48 pm »
Yeah, you won't have to worry about getting attacked.  From my experience, if you have big/fragile props, people ask before hugging.  Or give you ample warning (aka, running at you screaming, so you can brace yourself >.<).  The thing I'd be more worried about is people not paying attention in the halls.  You might want to make it so you can fold the wings down or something to get them closer to your body, for maneuvering in the hallways.  Or just don't wear them inside. :/

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 01:42:13 pm »
Yeah, you won't have to worry about getting attacked.  From my experience, if you have big/fragile props, people ask before hugging.  Or give you ample warning (aka, running at you screaming, so you can brace yourself >.<).  The thing I'd be more worried about is people not paying attention in the halls.  You might want to make it so you can fold the wings down or something to get them closer to your body, for maneuvering in the hallways.  Or just don't wear them inside. :/
Yah I was just thinking about attaching something to make the wings move around and such. Just so pple dont get hurt or i wont block any hallways in case of fire or anything =D At the Kumoricon I didnt get any warning just full on takles a few times D: But I Heard The Sakuracon is a little better at the whole hugging thing. >.<
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 01:53:55 pm »
Yeah, it'd suck to poke someone's eye out accidentally.  I kept bumping people with my gourd and apologizing at Kcon. >.<  The worst I got was two people tackleglomping at the same time, but thankfully they yelled to give me warning. XD

Really?  This Kcon was my first convention, and I really hope to go to Sakuracon.  Are you going to be Sasori there, or just for next Kcon?

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 01:57:52 pm »
Yeah, it'd suck to poke someone's eye out accidentally.  I kept bumping people with my gourd and apologizing at Kcon. >.<  The worst I got was two people tackleglomping at the same time, but thankfully they yelled to give me warning. XD

Really?  This Kcon was my first convention, and I really hope to go to Sakuracon.  Are you going to be Sasori there, or just for next Kcon?
Screaming Is The Cry Of The Mighty Glomping Fangirl =D I Think At This Year Kcon I Saw You A Few Times But I Was Too Shy To Saying Anything But Thank You After Takeing A Pic Of You o.o' But I Did Get A Vid Of You Tounting Davy Jones With Your Gourd XD

This Was My First Kcon Too. Im Going As Sasori To Sakuracon And Kcon So When I Make New Friends They Notice Me. Only Cuz I Tend To Dye My Hair.....ALOT! XD
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 02:11:02 pm »
Screaming Is The Cry Of The Mighty Glomping Fangirl =D I Think At This Year Kcon I Saw You A Few Times But I Was Too Shy To Saying Anything But Thank You After Takeing A Pic Of You o.o' But I Did Get A Vid Of You Tounting Davy Jones With Your Gourd XD

This Was My First Kcon Too. Im Going As Sasori To Sakuracon And Kcon So When I Make New Friends They Notice Me. Only Cuz I Tend To Dye My Hair.....ALOT! XD

*shudders* The screaming... 

Don't be shy!  That's one thing I really liked about the con; everyone was so friendly.  That video was fun; I'm glad lychee went along with it. X3

I really hope I can make it to Sakuracon.  If I can, I'll be sure to hunt you down and say hi! :D  And maybe we can hang out.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 02:15:22 pm »
Well if you bolt the wings together you could be able to move them. You could get them all flexed for pictures then when walking down the hall push them down.

Can't wait to see you are Sakuracon and I hope you get it done in time. I'll have Kimimaro by then (hell the costume will be done mid October)

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 02:18:48 pm »

*shudders* The screaming... 

Don't be shy!  That's one thing I really liked about the con; everyone was so friendly.  That video was fun; I'm glad lychee went along with it. X3

I really hope I can make it to Sakuracon.  If I can, I'll be sure to hunt you down and say hi! :D  And maybe we can hang out.
The Horid Screaming.....>w>

I Cant Help Being Shy Half The Time D: Yush Pple Were Very Friendly Sept For The Crazy Stalkers o.o'

Sounds Fun xD Just To Warn You I Get Out Of Charater Often When I Forget My Medication So Be Ready For Crazyness XD But This Time I'll Be Sure To Bring My Medication (ADHD) O_O''' And If You Cant Hear Me Just Tell Me To Speak Up Im A Fairly Quiet Person D:
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 02:20:59 pm »
Well if you bolt the wings together you could be able to move them. You could get them all flexed for pictures then when walking down the hall push them down.

Can't wait to see you are Sakuracon and I hope you get it done in time. I'll have Kimimaro by then (hell the costume will be done mid October)
Thats Why I Invited My Sasori Fangirl Body Gaurd XD She Can Help =D

I Hope I Get It Done In Time Too o.o''. You Work On You Costumes That Fast? XD Wow Im Very Slow At It D:
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 02:24:25 pm »
I am sadly buying my costume and it will be here by next week at the latest so yeah i work that fast....still Temari took me half a day to make and Albel about 3 days total but spread out over a month or so (because of school)

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 02:27:56 pm »
I am sadly buying my costume and it will be here by next week at the latest so yeah i work that fast....still Temari took me half a day to make and Albel about 3 days total but spread out over a month or so (because of school)
Sasori Took Me About A Half Hour To Do At The Con Apearently I Got His Haircut And Haircolor Without Even Knowing About It So I Go The Rest Of The Outfit (mainly the cloak) And BAM! I Was Done xD And The Weird Thing Is I Have That Weird Natural Curl In My Hair So All I Had To Do Was Walk Around And Bind Down My Chest o.o'' Atleast You Have The Brains To Find What Ur Looking For Me On The Other Hand Not So Much XD
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 02:30:32 pm »
I have to bind my chest too....not sure if I am going to use an ace bandage or the tape method I found....with the ace bandage I can wear the shirt open (that is if it has a zipper) but the tape method is more comfortable XD

I am planing a picnic on the 20th *pints to sig* and I'm happy that the costume will be here in time.....the wig wont but my hair is quite blond so I think I can pull him off without the wig XD

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 02:34:32 pm »
I have to bind my chest too....not sure if I am going to use an ace bandage or the tape method I found....with the ace bandage I can wear the shirt open (that is if it has a zipper) but the tape method is more comfortable XD

I am planing a picnic on the 20th *pints to sig* and I'm happy that the costume will be here in time.....the wig wont but my hair is quite blond so I think I can pull him off without the wig XD
I Used Some Funky Sprain Bandage I Found And Almost Suffocated Myself So When I Came Back Out From The Bathroom Sasori Magicaly Grew Boobs XD I Couldnt Take It Anymore >.<

=O Awesome My Natural Hair Color Is Blonde ^_^ But I Dun Like It So Ive Dyed Over It About 10 Times x_x I Wish I Lived Back In Portland >.< Then I Would Probly Sneak To The Picnic xD But Sadly I Moved Away Last Year v.v
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 02:37:11 pm »
That is why reason that the ace bandages isn't so good. They have caused problems before....Though I think the shirt might be loose enough that I wont really have to worry about binding my chest too much :D

My natural hair color is medium brown color and I dyed it for Temari

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 02:38:44 pm »
Sounds Fun xD Just To Warn You I Get Out Of Charater Often When I Forget My Medication So Be Ready For Crazyness XD But This Time I'll Be Sure To Bring My Medication (ADHD) O_O''' And If You Cant Hear Me Just Tell Me To Speak Up Im A Fairly Quiet Person D:

No worries; if all goes according to plan costume-wise, I'll be able to have many zany adventures at Sakuracon and still be in-character. >:3

Man, it must be nice having the same hair as your costume.  On the first day, the Gaara wig was killing me.  (It actually left two scars on my forehead, that just recently went away).  It was fine on the other two days, but still a hassle. :/

Oh, if you made a fake chest (like using a mannequin or something) for the heart and spool and stuff to be in, you might not have to wrap.  It'd save you some time and pain.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 02:42:08 pm »
That is why reason that the ace bandages isn't so good. They have caused problems before....Though I think the shirt might be loose enough that I wont really have to worry about binding my chest too much :D

Thats Good =D

Atleast You Have Enuff Courage To Dye Ur Hair That Color :3
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 02:43:03 pm »
yeah that is true^_^

Sarah sakuracon is I think the third weekend in spring term. I am going to go and I plan on driving (They left way to early Sunday) and I may leave midday Thursday and leave Seattle Sunday afternoon (so we wont be back till night time >_>)

Thats Good =D

I knew what it looked like because all through Middle school and part of high school I was blond ^_^

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 02:48:08 pm »

No worries; if all goes according to plan costume-wise, I'll be able to have many zany adventures at Sakuracon and still be in-character. >:3

Man, it must be nice having the same hair as your costume.  On the first day, the Gaara wig was killing me.  (It actually left two scars on my forehead, that just recently went away).  It was fine on the other two days, but still a hassle. :/

Oh, if you made a fake chest (like using a mannequin or something) for the heart and spool and stuff to be in, you might not have to wrap.  It'd save you some time and pain.
Ur Alot Nicer Then That Other Gaara That Groped Me Without Even Knowing It =D Evil, But Fun, Glomp Circle!

Ow o.o I Just Hate Haveing Long Hair So I Chop It Off Alot And Dye It Before I Did Any Of that I Had Long Knee Length Blonde Hair x_X And I Fear Wigs Cuz I Dun Know How To Put Em On And I Cant Afford The Good Ones o.o And It Looked Like The Wig Was Really Bothering You I Saw You Fiddle Around With It A Few Times

That Would Work Its Just On How I Would Cut It And Make Everything Fit Into It. It Would Save Me Alot Of Time And Pain When I First Cosplayed Sasori I Had To Wake Up At 5am Just To Be Done Before 12pm X_X
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 02:50:53 pm »
yeah that is true^_^

Sarah sakuracon is I think the third weekend in spring term. I am going to go and I plan on driving (They left way to early Sunday) and I may leave midday Thursday and leave Seattle Sunday afternoon (so we wont be back till night time >_>)

Thats Good =D

I knew what it looked like because all through Middle school and part of high school I was blond ^_^
Its Gonne Take Me About 6-9 Hours To Get To The Con From Where I Live Now x-x

I Must Say Its A Good Color On You =D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 02:55:57 pm »
Ur Alot Nicer Then That Other Gaara That Groped Me Without Even Knowing It =D Evil, But Fun, Glomp Circle!

Ow o.o I Just Hate Haveing Long Hair So I Chop It Off Alot And Dye It Before I Did Any Of that I Had Long Knee Length Blonde Hair x_X And I Fear Wigs Cuz I Dun Know How To Put Em On And I Cant Afford The Good Ones o.o And It Looked Like The Wig Was Really Bothering You I Saw You Fiddle Around With It A Few Times

That Would Work Its Just On How I Would Cut It And Make Everything Fit Into It. It Would Save Me Alot Of Time And Pain When I First Cosplayed Sasori I Had To Wake Up At 5am Just To Be Done Before 12pm X_X

Heh, thanks.  You got accidentally groped? o.O  I tried to stay away from the glomp circle as long as possible, but nikki dragged me into it on Monday. ;-;

If you're looking for good wigs, try looking for ones from Lacey Costume Wigs.  They're based in New York City, but they supply to a lot of online wig stores and catalogues.  The wig I wore for Gaara was only about $12.  It bugged me a lot on the first day, but we put it on a different way the other two days, and it was fine.

Yeah, my sister and I had to get up 3 hours early every day to get our makeup and stuff on. >.<

You could try making a papier mache chest about as wide as you are, but have it stick out a little far in the front, so you have room between it and your actual torso.  Then you could put an actual spool in there, and just attach it to your body with an over-the-shoulder and around-the-waist harness.  It might look a little funny from the side, but were you planning on wearing an Akatsuki robe or something over it?  If so, that would probably hide some of the bulkiness.

Oh yeah, nikki, the con is on April 10th, I believe.  I have to see how classes and stuff are going, and if I have a job by then, that'll throw another wrench in the plans.  I think I might already have a place to stay, but we shall see.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 03:02:27 pm »

Heh, thanks.  You got accidentally groped? o.O  I tried to stay away from the glomp circle as long as possible, but nikki dragged me into it on Monday. ;-;

If you're looking for good wigs, try looking for ones from Lacey Costume Wigs.  They're based in New York City, but they supply to a lot of online wig stores and catalogues.  The wig I wore for Gaara was only about $12.  It bugged me a lot on the first day, but we put it on a different way the other two days, and it was fine.

Yeah, my sister and I had to get up 3 hours early every day to get our makeup and stuff on. >.<

You could try making a papier mache chest about as wide as you are, but have it stick out a little far in the front, so you have room between it and your actual torso.  Then you could put an actual spool in there, and just attach it to your body with an over-the-shoulder and around-the-waist harness.  It might look a little funny from the side, but were you planning on wearing an Akatsuki robe or something over it?  If so, that would probably hide some of the bulkiness.

Oh yeah, nikki, the con is on April 10th, I believe.  I have to see how classes and stuff are going, and if I have a job by then, that'll throw another wrench in the plans.  I think I might already have a place to stay, but we shall see.
Yah But I Cant Blame Them XD I Looked Alot Like Sasori Well Just Alot Like A Guy So I Guess Thats What They Thought Until They Heard Me Talk And Say How Many Times I Got Groped (27) X_X

Next Trip I Take To Portland I'll Have To Get A Hell Of Alot Of Costume Stuff >.<

I Was Actually Planning To Carry Around The Cloak So If I Got Tired Of The Wings And Such I Would Fold Them Down And Put On The Cloak =D Im Not Very Good, Fast Or Pationt On Makeing Everything So I'll Probly Just Try To Make The Harness, Wings And Find A Torso Somewere =3
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 03:18:35 pm »
Yah But I Cant Blame Them XD I Looked Alot Like Sasori Well Just Alot Like A Guy So I Guess Thats What They Thought Until They Heard Me Talk And Say How Many Times I Got Groped (27) X_X

Next Trip I Take To Portland I'll Have To Get A Hell Of Alot Of Costume Stuff >.<

I Was Actually Planning To Carry Around The Cloak So If I Got Tired Of The Wings And Such I Would Fold Them Down And Put On The Cloak =D Im Not Very Good, Fast Or Pationt On Makeing Everything So I'll Probly Just Try To Make The Harness, Wings And Find A Torso Somewere =3

Heh, my sister and I got mistaken for guys many times, but never groped. o.O  TWENTY-SEVEN?  Man, you need a tazer or something. XD

I'd suggest waiting until right around/after Halloween, when there's a lot of costume stuff on sale.  Most stores will be cleaning out their inventories, and hopefully have sales on wigs and makeup and stuff.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 03:22:35 pm »

Heh, my sister and I got mistaken for guys many times, but never groped. o.O  TWENTY-SEVEN?  Man, you need a tazer or something. XD

I'd suggest waiting until right around/after Halloween, when there's a lot of costume stuff on sale.  Most stores will be cleaning out their inventories, and hopefully have sales on wigs and makeup and stuff.
Maybe I Shuld Buy A Cattle Prod XD And Swing It Around At Fan Girls Going " Back Go Back To Where You Came From Evil Glomping Demons" XD

Good Idea *nods* =D So far I Have The Hair Clock Shoes Sock Thingys And Makeup/ Nailpolish For Sasori :3 So I Need To Find Some More Stuff Figure Out How To Cut And Make It And Then I Should Be Done =D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 03:26:10 pm »
Maybe I Shuld Buy A Cattle Prod XD And Swing It Around At Fan Girls Going " Back Go Back To Where You Came From Evil Glomping Demons" XD

Good Idea *nods* =D So far I Have The Hair Clock Shoes Sock Thingys And Makeup/ Nailpolish For Sasori :3 So I Need To Find Some More Stuff Figure Out How To Cut And Make It And Then I Should Be Done =D

Lolz!  Or get someone to cosplay a puppet for you, and jump in the way every time a fangirl approaches. XD

I have a question; what are you using for the white stirrup-sock thingies?  I think they make baseball socks with stirrups, but I don't know how well those would hold up...

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 03:31:38 pm »
Lolz!  Or get someone to cosplay a puppet for you, and jump in the way every time a fangirl approaches. XD

I have a question; what are you using for the white stirrup-sock thingies?  I think they make baseball socks with stirrups, but I don't know how well those would hold up...
[/quote]Hmmm I Could Make Lynn Do that >:D

I Just Use Tube Socks The First Time I Used Goze Tho It Didnt Really Work Well And Also I Was Playing Red Rover, Got Called Over, Couldnt Break Though And Ended Up Ripping Part Of My Ninja Shoe Its Now Being Held Together On One Side By....Ducktape -.-' When I Ripped It I Almost Cryed But I Thought Sasori Didnt Cry So I Took Of My Sandels Ran Into The Lobby And Sat Behind A Chair Trying Not To Cry >.< I Guess Im Overly Sencitive  Sometimes D:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:33:03 pm by KinkyFriedChicken »
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 03:38:10 pm »
I Just Use Tube Socks The First Time I Used Goze Tho It Didnt Really Work Well And Also I Was Playing Red Rover, Got Called Over, Couldnt Break Though And Ended Up Ripping Part Of My Ninja Shoe Its Now Being Held Together On One Side By....Ducktape -.-' When I Ripped It I Almost Cryed But I Thought Sasori Didnt Cry So I Took Of My Sandels Ran Into The Lobby And Sat Behind A Chair Trying Not To Cry >.< I Guess Im Overly Sencitive  Sometimes D:

Hmm...  I'll have to look around at sporting goods stores and see if they have those baseball socks.

The top seam of our Kankurou's shoe ripped open on the first day.  Luckily, we'd brought a hot glue gun with us, so she glued it back together that night.  I think it's a good idea to bring needle and thread, hot glue, tape, etc. with you to wherever you're staying, so you can make small repairs if something breaks during the day.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 03:45:37 pm »

Hmm...  I'll have to look around at sporting goods stores and see if they have those baseball socks.

The top seam of our Kankurou's shoe ripped open on the first day.  Luckily, we'd brought a hot glue gun with us, so she glued it back together that night.  I think it's a good idea to bring needle and thread, hot glue, tape, etc. with you to wherever you're staying, so you can make small repairs if something breaks during the day.
A Diferent Kankuro Gave Me Duck Tape So I'll Just Duck Tape It And Everything And I'll Hide It With The Cut Up Sock xD We Couldnt Really Bring Anything With Us My Kyo Backpack Is Kind Of Small >.< So All We Could Bring Was Food, Digital Camera, Money, Extra Wraps And Thats It =O We Didnt Have A Place To Stay So We Had To Make Due With What We Could Bring Oh And I Just Remembered That We Went Up To The Top Floor One Day In The Same Elavator As You Guys Then When The Other Elevator Came Back You Told Me And My Friends That You Would Wait For The Next One Lynn And Me Felt Really Bad About That XD I Wanted To Go Back Or Wait And Say Sorry D: But Sami Wouldnt Let Us :x
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 04:05:31 pm »
Alright the second time painting my bone sword made the first layer of paint come off....so I paper mached it with paper towles and it is about the right color....I don't think I will have to do anything else with it when it dries....maybe sand it but I don't think I will have to paint it.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 04:12:49 pm »
Alright the second time painting my bone sword made the first layer of paint come off....so I paper mached it with paper towles and it is about the right color....I don't think I will have to do anything else with it when it dries....maybe sand it but I don't think I will have to paint it.
Yey I think Ur Gonna Make A Great Kimimaro
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:14:13 pm by KinkyFriedChicken »
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 04:17:32 pm »
I will get pictures of the bone sword up soon....maybe by tonight and I'll have pictures of the costume by the lasted the 20th XD

I think I might make a good Kimimaro too so I am really looking forward to trying this out.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 04:20:53 pm »
I Hope I can Make I Good Sasori T-T I Dun Want To Fail At It >.< I Wanna Be A Good Cosplayer =D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 04:22:58 pm »
I'm sure you'll do great. Do you have a cosplay.com account?

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:51 pm »
*drools and thinks for a bit* XD Nope!
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 04:29:46 pm »
Well you should get one XD

Its a good way to show off your costume and get advice (one of the best forums regarding cosplay)

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 04:31:05 pm »
Now I Just Did Bwhahahahaha I Am.... MUFFIN OF DOOM
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline nikkiolie