Author Topic: Gintama 09  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Gintama 09
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:45:09 pm »
I know its not horribly popular here buuuuut...anyone doing Gintama?! Ill be going as Gintoki and I'll have a Sougo and Hijikata, but it'd be awesome if there's enough people to do a shoot or at least hang out!

Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: Gintama 09
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:55:01 pm »
I was actually thinking of cosplaying Kagura, but I decided it would be better to do it in 2010, because I don't have enough money for 4 cosplays.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 03:45:33 pm »
Hmmm I was tempted to cosplay as Otae Shimura [tempted] hmmmmmmmm
But I don't know I already have a whole lot on my plate : [[[
[looks down ashamed]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:51:01 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline Yugure

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 10:51:55 am »
We had a cosplay photoshoot for gintama this year.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m72/Tamaya2/kumoricon%202008/040.jpg
The 6 people on the right are a part of our group.  I'm not sure how many of them will be coming this next year but at least some of us should being wearing the gintama costumes for one day.  Supposing the fabric paint on my costume (otae) survives the washing machine (rain caused some dirty water to kick up on the back of the costume), I should still be doing it myself for one day.  The obi makes it hard for me to eat and impedes my breathing.  XD  So I don't know if I want to do it more than the 1 day (I did it for 2 days this year and it was enough). 
Anyways, I'll have to see how many of our group are up to Gintama again for next year.   

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 09:44:11 pm »
Oooh Yay! Im glad people are interested!

@ Yugure, itd be awesome if your group cosplayed again! Haha, I was definately standing next to the Elizabeth in the prereg line last year XD
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 11:31:48 pm »
You have a maybe on the Shinpachi. It is currently prioritized before Kurenai, but under whatever else I've got going.

I should really reorganize that list. ._.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:54:15 pm »
Awww... missed ya'll by 1 year. Being Sa-chan in K '08 was a blast. Kinda surprised me that more people knew about Gintama than I initially thought.

I shall be retiring my sa-chan (Got Natto?!?) costume. Who knows? Maybe I will spend 1 day out of 3 just to be Sa-chan.  :D

^_~
And so it begins...

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 06:19:27 pm »
princessmoon: Yay! you should definatly try and wear it one of the days.

Mal: yes, you must be shinpachi. sorry aint getting out of the one.

Do we think we think come time for the con we may have enough people to do a shoot? Its still about 11 months till the con, and it seems weve already got people, so I can only imagine/hope more will be found.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 02:44:53 pm »
I will try :)  It's still soooooooooooo far away!  I will plan, plan, plan!  Natto, don't fail me now!  :o

And so it begins...

Offline BlinkingRune

• Oni
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 10:20:10 pm »
Okay.

So I was probably the worst Elizabeth ever.

But I had tons of fun. I mean, the year before, I went as myself (no costume). I really wanted to try and do something, so I began making all these little plans...and I ended up with an interesting costume. I opted for a more...convenient design than something that covers my entire body (It's in the group photo above). I just...kinda cut holes in a tablecloth and made a sign...spray-painted some old shoes...and my hat...I loved my hat, I painted the eyes on it.

Tons of things went wrong, though. The tablecloth turned out to be a bed sheet with some extra fabric to slip pillows under, so I had this giant spot that just hung there. My white gloves kept getting dirty. My awesome dry erase board sign was BROKEN by the people at the video game room. *cries* But for me, it was all about getting into the spirit of things!

It's hard for me to think 11 months in advance (or is it ten now?), but...I really want to try Elizabeth again. I doubt I'll do something different then the sheet over my head thing, but I want to try to add sleeves and make the shoes better. I can't picture myself going as anyone other than Elizabeth (men with...round figures have a limited selection of cosplayable characters), and I really do love Elizabeth...

Sorry for the super long post, but I'll probably be there as Elizabeth? I'd say there's an 80% chance.

...I also just put on my Elizabeth hat. I'm so wearing it to class tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:42:44 pm by BlinkingRune »