Author Topic: Sakuracon?  (Read 215047 times)

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
Sakuracon?
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:44:24 pm »
Hiya everyone! So I've been going to kumoricon for a few years, as some of you know, and this year, I might get my first chance to attend Sakuracon! YAAAAY! I'm so excited, and I really hope that I get to. I just wanted to know if there was anything majorly different that I should know about Sakuracon. I understand that I must have an adult with me and blah blah blah. Anything else though?

Also, does anyone know any good hotels in the area of sakuracon this year? We're looking for something CHEAP!!!! Any ideas. :/

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sakuracon?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:56:49 pm »
imo, I felt sakura was better in terms of panels and dealers as the larger size allows them to have a greater variety.  kumori con feels more like one big anime fan party then anything.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:36:43 pm »
I always stay at the Sheraton, its the closest and the nicest!! um the paramount isn't bad though either. Other then that the Con is Freakin HUGE!!! Hope to see you there!
Team Koga

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 08:41:14 pm »
hotel wise I stick with the crowne.  I dunno if its the cheapest for the area and its not hte closest, but for the con hotels its the least expensive, and I like how they will hold your bags for you when you ck out on the last day.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 08:45:52 pm »
...yeah sakuracon is huge.....there is about 15,000 people there compared to kumoricons 4,000.

oslapedo

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 08:50:07 pm »
I like it that Kumoricon's small. It's like a second home!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 08:54:21 pm »
There's one possibility that is cool with the con staff, but probably not with your parents if you HAVE to have them around. It takes some conditioning before the con, but because it is open 24 hours a day, it's possible to stay awake AT the con all weekend without ever having to get a hotel.
But it's not usually an option for most people except me and Tofu probably; staying awake for 3 days straight isn't as easy as it sounds. If you need to get a half hour of sleep somewhere, make sure you do it during the day. There are too many people and things going on to care about a little nap.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 08:55:47 pm »
Sakura is more family oriented though.  and do note kumori is catching up to sakura in terms of numbers very quickly.  I heard 6k-7k people for 09 tossed around.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 09:48:32 pm »
I dunno how Sakuracon is more family oriented.  They allow a lot of things Kumori doesn't.

I like Sakuracon because it's bigger and it's always a blast!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 09:51:02 pm »
kumori have adults only stuff after midnight.  dun see that at sakura.

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 11:13:06 pm »
I'm really trying hard to get up to Sakuracon this year.  I've been wanting to go for awhile now, but wasn't able to do it due to budgetary and scheduling conflicts.  This year, I'm thinking I might actually have a shot at going, as I don't have any other things that will be sucking up my savings at that particular time!!
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 01:07:28 am »
Things to know:

- More guests
- More room (but a heck of a lot more people to fill it)
- Food in the convention center itself (subway, starbucks, taco del mar, unconventional pizza, sit-down fancy place, coffee place) as well as directly outside (crepe place, starbucks, cheesecake factory, American food place)
- More dealers (you'll freak the first time you see the dealers hall)
- Stricter on rules (keep your badge visible at all times)
- More security (both con staff and convention center staff)
- Awesome level of costuming (due to sheer numbers)

I wouldn't recommend trying to do the weekend without sleep. Con staff hates it when people doze off in the hallways (I've got friends on staff, and they complain about this.)

Con staff are stricter, but they're really overworked. And Sakura Con has a lot at stake, so make sure you're nice to staffers. Most of them are supernice folks who just get a bit stressed out when they have to deal with over 10,000 people (and there are only a few hundred of them to do it).

Food is one of my favorite parts of the con. It was cool having the food court at the mall at Kumori Con, and the hotel restaurant was nice, but the crepe place at the Washington State Convention Center is To Die For. (Order the raspberry-hazelnut-ganache. Do it.) And it's Seattle, so there's both Starbucks in the center itself, one just outside on the sidewalk, and I think a Tully's or Seattle's Best a block away. Plus the coffee place on the ground floor (across the lobby from the Kinkos). And all the other cool places I mentioned above, plus the stuff that's more than a block away (like Westlake Center for the food court, or Pike Place Market for pretty much any cultural cuisine you could hope for.). And there's always the International District/Chinatown if you feel like taking the bus or driving a bit.

The Dealers Hall is so big it's overwhelming. It takes a lengthy visit just to glance at all the booths, and if you're planning on actually shopping you can spend half the day in there easy. It's the variety of goods that really make the shopping at Sakura Con worthwhile...it's one of the ten biggest cons in the U.S., so it draws a lot of dealers. Whatever you want, it's a good chance you can get it. You just have to find it. Ask around the booths if you're looking for something rare, and they can probably direct you to the table selling it.

Been attending since '03. It's amazing how much it's grown, and I'm really happy that I'm going into my seventh year as an attendee.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl
Wig fanatic, props junkie, fabric snob, cosplay addict

Smile smile!

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 02:15:09 am »
Sakura Con is awsome! (however, I'm a little biased as that's the first con I ever went to and the first con I've ever staffed ^_^. Though I live in Oregon and I love Kumori Con, Sakura Con holds a special place in my heart.) I'm on staff 2009 as the Masquerade Ball Coordinator and I've been on staff since 2004 as various other staff positions (except in 2006 when I had to miss it) and as mentioned, the key difference is size and content.

Sakura Con is a family-friendly convention so you won't see as much adult-oriented programming and such. There is some adult stuff, but that's not until after 11 or midnight and it's a little bit "tamer" than what you see at Kumori Con. Also, it is a 24-hour con, or at least the gaming room is. There is plenty of stuff that goes on late into the night such as the dance and late-night panels, but the gaming rooms IS 24-hours.

As for guests, Sakura Con does get more guests that include Japanese guests. For example, in 2007, we got Yusuhiro Nightow, the mangaka of Trigun. You can see a complete list of past guests here~

http://www.sakuracon.org/programming/past_guests.php

For 2009, so far we have Smile.dk (of DDR fame) and the Jrock band Girugamesh coming.

About hotels, the nicest and most expensive is the Grand Hyatt, the cheapest and furthest away is the Crowne Plaza (but it's only 4-5 blocks away), but just because it's the cheapest doesn't mean it isn't nice. You can see a map of where all the hotels are as well as information here~

http://www.sakuracon.org/hotels/index.php

I also recommend you read Sakura Con's policies so you understand what Sakura Con's rules and regulations are~

http://www.sakuracon.org/aboutus/policies.php

And of course, if you have anymore questions and need more information, GO TO THE WEBSITE~

http://www.sakuracon.org/

Or join the forums and post your questions there (I post as... well, guess :P )

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 04:13:13 am »
There are huge differences between Kumoricon and Sakuracon for sure.

Kumoricon....

Attendance for 2008 4,470 total
Run by the fans for the fans meaning panels are based more off what people want to see hear and do.
More at home people connecting to people feeling
Far easier to make friends with other attendees
Less crowded
(imo) much more to do
Far more interaction with attendees creating things to do (photoshoots, mid year events ect)
18/21+ panels for those that want to go
Larger dance area w/great music
Con sponsored mid year events
Great starter con for first time attendees
Registration mailout system
Hotel is part of convention location
Fairly inexpensive con to attend
Creation Station ('nough said)

Sakuracon...

total attendance in 2008 about 13,000+
Industry run con
Bigger vendors hall
Much bigger, crowded feel
At con badge pick up only
Little to no adult programming
Has to book a separate venue from hotels people stay at
Much more expensive to attend
Not a whole lot of worth while programming
No creation station (CS like panels are very spread out and hard to find)
Reached/reaches firecode very easily and sometimes has to shut down floors
Tad bit more to do around the convention than in it
Really spread out times between panels

Oh and fyi last year Sakuracon had a 4chan panel, played shin-chan during the COSPLAY SHOW not once but TWICE (totally inappropriate for the children and the parents of said children that waited hours in line to watch the cosplay show) and let some people get away with quite a bit more skin at times than really should have been allowed o.o. I mean it happens but jeeeeeze they aren't really all that family oriented besides the "family" aka younger viewers are very few con's real audience. I mean if you notice most con's stop playing "family" friendly stuff in their viewing rooms before 11a.m.

I've had good experiences with Sakuracon's dealer's room, but I've not had a good experience with keeping busy after those rooms close. Most of the panels are spread too far apart and don't really interest me. I usually end up getting bored and wandering around Seattle.

Sakuracon is great as long as you've got good friends with you and a decent camera to take pics of the amazing cosplays.

Nyeh thats my two cents... I like both cons but for different reasons.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 12:25:37 pm »
I like it that Kumoricon's small. It's like a second home!
Oh my, so true.~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 12:57:04 pm »
yeah it is nice that kumoricon is small and like a second home but there is much more too look at at sakuracon. There is more people and more variety of costumes. Plus its a way to make friends outside of the state.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 01:51:43 pm »
kumori have adults only stuff after midnight.  dun see that at sakura.

and you wont. Ever. ( I asked about it once and was flamed by a moderator/staff )

They are NOT 'family' oriented, they are CHILD oriented.

If they were another convention of that size between here and N California,  I'd go there instead, no question.

I blame a lot of on SC's size, the more people you get the more people there are to get offended.
However, I never will understand why they chose to placate angry, un/misinformed parents, rather than ya know..the anime fans.

I fear KC may go down the same road once it gets that size.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 02:13:34 pm »
actually it not due to its size.  has more to do who sponsers the convention.  Asia Northwest Cultural Education Association I believe is who set down the rules down for sakura that they have to follow.  if I'm not mistaken anyway

Kumori is has Altonimbus(sp?)  a company created by the staff for the purpose of helping hold the convention so the board(the election of which are coming soon) decides what content is allowed.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 03:32:50 pm »
yes when peeps ask me about sac, i tell them nothin says family con like 4 of the prettiest japanese drag queens i've ever seen

i stayed at the sheraten last year it was nice
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 09:14:01 pm »
Kumoricon....

Run by the fans for the fans meaning panels are based more off what people want to see hear and do.

Sakuracon...

Industry run con

I wouldn't quite say that...although industry definitely has more influence through advertising there. Their board is independent with no permanent ties to industry and I would generally still classify them as a fan-based convention.

Oh and fyi last year Sakuracon had a 4chan panel, played shin-chan during the COSPLAY SHOW not once but TWICE (totally inappropriate for the children and the parents of said children that waited hours in line to watch the cosplay show) and let some people get away with quite a bit more skin at times than really should have been allowed o.o.

They have made abundantly clear that the 4chan panel was a mistake and won't be repeated. They are requiring all planned adult content to go through an approvals process involving multiple people this year, specifically as a result of the problems with that panel.

As for Shin-chan...well, Funimation was a major sponsor in 2008.

I blame a lot of on SC's size, the more people you get the more people there are to get offended.

You mean like Fanime, in San Jose? :) Same size as Sakura-Con, but other end of the spectrum: Very lax rules for a con of that size, and not very reliant on industry at all.

It needn't, and probably won't, because Kumoricon's purpose is not primarily education and charity as Sakura-Con's is.

actually it not due to its size.  has more to do who sponsers the convention.  Asia Northwest Cultural Education Association I believe is who set down the rules down for sakura that they have to follow.  if I'm not mistaken anyway

Kumori is has Altonimbus(sp?)  a company created by the staff for the purpose of helping hold the convention so the board(the election of which are coming soon) decides what content is allowed.

ANCEA and Sakura-Con are one and the same. They are different names for the same organization. In 2006 and prior, they were two separate boards, but they amended their bylaws to merge. There is now a single board running the organization and the con.

Later in 2006, Kumoricon/Altonimbus did the same thing. They were separate boards previously, but they merged.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 09:21:49 pm »
@JeffT
ahh I see.  thank you for clearing that up much more nicely then I could.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 11:31:37 am »
Kumoricon....

SC used to claim that they were run by the fans fr the fans. That's Bull.

I know it's very hard to believe, and it was long time so I have 'no pics' but I swear to god after a complaint by an atendee a staff/meber actually did say
 " Sakura con is run for/by staff. Not attendees, if you don't like don't go."

Obviously, not all SC staff is that radical but..that person wasn't repremanded or corrected at all.

Oh and fyi last year Sakuracon had a 4chan panel, played shin-chan during the COSPLAY SHOW not once but TWICE (totally inappropriate for the children and the parents of said children that waited hours in line to watch the cosplay show) and let some people get away with quite a bit more skin at times than really should have been allowed o.o.

They have made abundantly clear that the 4chan panel was a mistake and won't be repeated. They are requiring all planned adult content to go through an approvals process involving multiple people this year, specifically as a result of the problems with that panel.
[/quote]

As for Shin-chan...well, Funimation was a major sponsor in 2008.[/quote]

You know what? I don't care that they 'admitted it was a mistake' in the end,what oes that teach them? That they can do waht they what they want, offer a few cheap words, and just do it again next year.

If it would have been an attendee they would have suffered far worse.

As far as Shin-chan; it had nothing to do with Funimation.

It was a stupid mistake that could have been avoided had soemone paid just the tiniest bit of attention.

The one at fault said " Oh yea, I accidentally handed them the wrong disk. My bad."

And that was that.
 Once again, had that been atendee they would have had a strike or three aginst their badge.

You mean like Fanime, in San Jose? :) Same size as Sakura-Con, but other end of the spectrum: Very lax rules for a con of that size, and not very reliant on industry at all.

Oh dear god I love fanime so hard! This year my first time attending.
 I went as Young Byakuay fro mthe manga and chasing a Yoruichi around a crowded hall when we were aprpoached by a staff member.
He said " LOL  Just don't kill each other" and walked away.

And the game room was amazing! At SC and KC, the chess games are planned months in advance with two teams and one game.

At Fanime, I was scheduled to be a player for a chess game. Due to schdule conflicts, it was cancelled. Even after I was ..eh a totcl bitc habout it, the gaming staff, without getting the leats bit annoyed, jsut told me taht if I could round up the people, I could play.

Also, I find that the atendees themselves are friednlier/happier.  Gee..there couldn't be a connection there..

I actually think the reason for that, is becuase the yare so old that they have devolped beyond the early adult years of " rawr I has power and I'll show the world"-
to the older, wiser old man who has already made his fame and fortune and is content where he is at.  XD

It needn't, and probably won't, because Kumoricon's purpose is not primarily education and charity as Sakura-Con's is.

Ah, is that the difference. Oh thank god. I would cry if it too were to go down the same path.

I don't claim to know for a fact, but it seems to me, that part of SC's problem, is just this. Like all politics, once people get elected, they don't want to leave or have anyone hcnage what they have done. Since they are the only ones allowed to vote, they vote in their friends and keep everything the same.

Mind you, I'm not just slamming on SC. Im slamming the people who are currently running it it used to be a great con, and it is still fun..just..not as fun as any toher convnetion I go to know.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:38:55 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 09:06:34 pm »
I don't claim to know for a fact, but it seems to me, that part of SC's problem, is just this. Like all politics, once people get elected, they don't want to leave or have anyone hcnage what they have done. Since they are the only ones allowed to vote, they vote in their friends and keep everything the same.

10 of the 11 positions on Sakura-Con's board are elected by the staff. Only Facilities Liaison is elected by the board. (Maybe this was already understood, but the way you worded the post it made it possibly sound like the current board elects new board members.)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 09:33:37 pm »
umm, if you want to get the absolute CHEAPEST hotel in that area, there is a La Quinta about 8 blocks from the con. I payed, for the weekend, as much as a single night at a con hotel. The room was bigger too. Also, they nearly banned me for trying to find a room-mate. Not a thumbs up in my book. Also, I don't understand why there is so many more industry events than fan run events. It seems like its more focused with pimping new dubs than the fan-run panels we have here at K-Con.

but I'm a little bit biased. you can probably guess why.
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 11:15:40 pm »

ehh even though it could be run better i still luv SakuraCon and the WA Convention & Trade Center is sooooooooo freakin nice. It was the first Con i ever went to and will still always be one of my favorite Cons.
Team Koga

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 12:47:35 am »
Sakuracon just has a different feel to in than Kcon and thats fine. its a much bigger convention. Im really looking forward to it this year. ive already got some plans one who Im going with but if you are interested in attending you had better get on it. Hotels are already filling up.

Offline Bugmenot

• Oni
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 02:45:52 am »
yeah, rooms good damned fast :D worth planning ahead for, especially since going back to a room many blocks away in full cosplay with no sleep for way too long can get a bit dangerous, lol.

Offline xkuroxhanax

• Chibi
    • LJ, gaiz.
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 08:47:09 pm »
as far as sakuracon goes, i have to say, it is a bit better organized with panels and exhibitors hall and the like. also, food being IN the actual con is pretty awesome. it's got a larger range of things to do, from what i can tell, but i didnt exactly do everything there was to do at it.  they usually have more guests, and this year, they're even bringing in Girugamesh, which is exciting. but still, a con is a con. it's nothing too different or shocking.

Umm, hotels. all the hotels in the area actually have really good prices for con-goers. last time, i stayed at the hilton, a block or two away, and it was really nice and not that expensive. the sheraton is good, too. i'm staying there this year, i believe.
2009 Cons:
~Sakura-con 09
~Anime Evolution 09
~Kumoricon 09

Current cosplays:
~Axel (KH2)
~Kanda (DGM)

Offline ZakkKurama

• Sailor Scout
    • Animes Watching: I Need to UPDATE!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 02:13:16 pm »
Hiya everyone! So I've been going to kumoricon for a few years, as some of you know, and this year, I might get my first chance to attend Sakuracon! YAAAAY! I'm so excited, and I really hope that I get to. I just wanted to know if there was anything majorly different that I should know about Sakuracon. I understand that I must have an adult with me and blah blah blah. Anything else though?

Also, does anyone know any good hotels in the area of sakuracon this year? We're looking for something CHEAP!!!! Any ideas. :/

I plan to be goiing for the first time this year too and I have hard good things about the sheraton but i havent actually looked at it,

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 12:14:24 am »
Has anyone stayed at the paramount? and dose anyone know about parking?  ??? anyway cant wait to see everyone at sakuracon
AX- Aqua (kh), Sakura Haruno
Kumoricon 1- Sakura Haruno, Gaara, Raver Sakura/Gaara, Aqua(KH), Lolita, whatever else I come up with.

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 07:39:14 am »
I haven't stayed at the Paramount. Parking on the other hand is expensive. For downtown parking plan to spend $25+ a day. So cannot wait for Sakura Con...it's my fav of the two and was the first con I attended.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 07:41:14 am »
No S-con for me and the family this year, mabey next year. 

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 12:18:11 pm »
That's too bad. I am really looking forward to Sakuracon this year. The time is passing by so slowly but I guess that is a good thing seeing how there is still a few more things I need to do for my costume.

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 01:27:38 pm »
I cant wait for Sakuracon.

For me the time is going by kinda fast XD
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 05:31:35 pm »
I stayed at the Paramount in 2006 so I don't know a whole lot about if it has changed since then or not. As for parking..I believe it was valet parking only at the hotel.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 07:27:10 pm »
*Sniffle* I wanted to see Smile DK...why is baby due the same week? Oh well, there will be other years!
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 07:38:11 pm »
For those that are going to Sakura Con, anyone planning on going to the Masquerade Ball? I'm the coordinator for 2008/2009 ^_^.

http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?t=17555

Offline ZakkKurama

• Sailor Scout
    • Animes Watching: I Need to UPDATE!
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 01:53:46 pm »
Wow so im pissed unless
i can get a job i cant gooo
and i wanna see smile dk and GAIA is gonna be there D;<

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 02:24:14 pm »
I am so looking forward to Sakuracon. The time can't pass any slower....though it does seem like it is passing rather quickly. I still need to make touch ups to my costume =/

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 02:33:02 pm »
I'm so excited for Sakuracon!!! Smile.dk and gaia are gonna be there and I'm bringing my sister who's new to anime and manga! I get to dress her up in cosplay, too! xD It's gonna be so much fun!!! Woot!

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 04:16:11 pm »
Time is going by way to slowly T-T but at least it gives us time to make awesome costumes :D
Kumoricon 1- Sakura Haruno, Gaara, Raver Sakura/Gaara, Aqua(KH), Lolita, whatever else I come up with.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 04:45:26 pm »
I need to get paint for shoes or new shoes all together, craft foam, material to remake belt, and redo part of the shoulder armor.....oh yeah and remake the gloves and stockings.....so I got a lot that needs to get done ;D

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 04:49:46 pm »
Meh. I'm sadly too lazy to make a new costume for Sakura. ;.; I'm just going as Axel again. XP *needs to get her chakrams back* lol.

I'm still pondering cosplay ideas for kumoricon though.

oslapedo

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 04:54:56 pm »
I don't think I'll make it up to Sakuracon '09. It'd cost too much money that I don't have.

Mewcon and KuCon is enough for one year :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:55:49 pm by oslapedo »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 04:57:44 pm »
....mewcon, sakuracon, and kumoricon are enough for one year.....and next year akicon will be added MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA >:D

oslapedo

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 04:59:45 pm »
I'm not cool enough for so many cons yet XD

I'll probably be able to go to Sakuracon next year though :3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2008, 05:03:08 pm »
thats too bad. I'm starting to save up now ;D

oslapedo

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 05:06:34 pm »
I can't save up for anything, I haven't even gotten my Mewcon pass yet because all of my money I get goes into wigs and cosplay materials :D

Sakuracon will be go for nect year though! >:3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 05:46:41 pm »
I will end up getting my mew con badge at the door, because I don't have the time off yet and I hope I can get it.

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 06:21:11 pm »
all the cons are sooo expenisive, not so much the cons, but all the stuff that goes into the costumes.