Author Topic: Sakuracon?  (Read 218389 times)

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
Re: Sakuracon?
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2009, 11:13:00 pm »
Thats pure insanity IMO I mean I paid full price for my room at the Hilton- 264 for two nights. I can only figure out what the price of the hotel up there would be if you paid for it yourself.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2009, 11:17:19 pm »
Yeah it is 200 a night for three nights, room tax is 16%, and then parking is something like $25 or 30 a night x.x

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2009, 11:21:09 pm »
... I paid 67 for two nights at the hilton? xD But there was also like... a lot of us. ^^;;
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2009, 11:34:26 pm »
... I paid 67 for two nights at the hilton? xD But there was also like... a lot of us. ^^;;

its a quirk of mine but I am not a gigantic fan of packed hotel rooms, I prefer 1-3 people at the very MAX, I like everyone to have a bed and room to walk around. This year I was by myself (well I offered a free room but the people I offered never showed)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #354 on: September 14, 2009, 02:00:08 am »
The Green Tortoise Hostel, 3 blocks down Pike Street from the Convention Center, is an excellent location for those looking to reduce expenses for Sakuracon.  Private rooms for (IIRC) up to 4 people cost something like $70/night.  It's also a pretty secure lodging option with free breakfast and a kitchen that anyone can use.  I stayed there in 2008 and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever.

If you do go here, remember to bring a padlock if you stay in one of their dorm rooms so that you can use the lockboxes that they provide.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #355 on: September 14, 2009, 10:43:24 am »
I almost wasn't going to go because of cost thinns. But I love it too much, it was the first con I went to back when it was still just in a single hotel. It is, as someone noted, much more expensive to attend. Mainly the hotels. I always stay 4 nights, so it's hard to find roommates for me. but if you only stay 2 or even 3 it is a lot easier and if ya find 4 roomates it helps the price a lot. It is so much bigger, but I find that fun now. I have mewcon for my new baby size con, Kumoricon for my growing teen size con, and Sakuracon for my big adult size con. ^^

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #356 on: September 14, 2009, 06:25:42 pm »
So many new experiences..after going to Kumoricon (which was my first con + first time going to Portland..) I am going with some friends I went to K con with to Sakuracon..it shall be my first time going to Washington >,<

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #357 on: September 15, 2009, 07:30:05 pm »
See you guys there =3 Hopefully BoogiePop will have her Cassandra done.
 I am re-amping my Sophitia. Can't wait to see you guys
I like goats.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #358 on: September 15, 2009, 08:22:37 pm »

You two are going to have to find me in Sak's Prog office. Cassandra and Sophitia are pretty heavily plaved in SC by me. That, and I think I've seen the best Tira, but not a Cassandra or Sophitia. :D

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #359 on: September 16, 2009, 06:09:19 pm »

You two are going to have to find me in Sak's Prog office. Cassandra and Sophitia are pretty heavily plaved in SC by me. That, and I think I've seen the best Tira, but not a Cassandra or Sophitia. :D

Haha well watch out, we're comin' yo lolx >:]
I like goats.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2009, 08:18:29 pm »
Folks I am seriously considering going to Sakuracon just to sample it. After everything I've heard a little adventure I think would do me some good. Besides which I'm a generally very curious person. And no jokes about curiosity killing the cat!
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2009, 06:16:29 pm »
I have to say...no matter what it takes, if you enjoy K-con...definately find a way to Sakura-con. The convention center is so huge & there is so much going on that you can never see it all. Not to mention, Seattle is a blast so if you are bored at the con or killing time until a panel, just wander a bit...there is so much to do. The food around the convention center is awsome and there are several hotels to pick from that are all withing a couple blocks of the con. Plus I have friends in Seattle so I get to hang out with people I dont see often :P.Sakuracon was the first con I attended and I fell in love & wanted more....that is how I ended up at K-con, & plan to start adding some more cons to the list to fill the time in.

It does cost a bit unless you carpool/room stuff but its totally worth every penny...I usually only stuff 4 people to my room though since I like my space. I stayed at the Sheraton last year & they ended up stealing $700 from my friends CC that we used to hold the room...that was taken out before we even checked out. She is still fighting for her money back. We are trying the Paramount this year since its also super close & its a bit cheaper...hope they dont steal from me...its my CC this year.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2009, 06:36:36 pm »
Oh ya...the Wing Dome in Seattle is the bomb!! If you don't mind taking Bus#5 uptown a bit, its worth the trip. Plus, if you like spicy food, you can try the 7 Deadly Wing challenge! I would be happy to take people there and eat...or challenge them!! Winners get the meal free, a T-shirt, and picture on the wall. I did mine!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2009, 08:38:49 pm »
I plan to go to the next Sak.  I missed the last one due to being sick.  It was the first Sak I'd since I started going.
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2009, 11:18:52 pm »
*shameless plug* Sakuracon's Masquerade Ball has been announced!~

http://www.sakuracon.org/programming/masquerade_ball.php

I hope that people planning on going to Sakuracon can make it to the ball (I'm the Masquerade Ball Coordinator for Sakuracon ^_~).

The link to the Sakuracon Forum thread discussing the ball is at the bottom of the page.

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #365 on: September 27, 2009, 10:53:38 pm »
i'm on the same boat as you. went to kcon as first con, and now me and my friends are soo looking forward to sakura.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2009, 07:57:47 pm »
i'm on the same boat as you. went to kcon as first con, and now me and my friends are soo looking forward to sakura.
I've been to Kcon twice and wanted REALLY WANTED to go to sakura (both years!) but i havn't been able to :'(

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:44 pm »
I really should go ahead and sign up for Staff
This.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2009, 08:18:37 pm »
I have no idea if I could even get the time off work for this let alone afford to go or get a room. and of course if I go I staff...
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #369 on: October 01, 2009, 04:25:28 pm »
It's official. My bro and I are going to S-con. We pre-registered! I'm anxious to go to a new con, but a tad intimidated by the number of attendees~ >_>  whooooooo~ Kyah!! :P
And so it begins...

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #370 on: October 01, 2009, 04:40:12 pm »
It looks as though I'm one step closer to my trip to Sakuracon due to some good happenstance.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:43:42 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2009, 06:21:59 pm »
Sakura forums are empty... :>  K-con kind of too... did we all turn into Zombies? :3
And so it begins...

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #372 on: October 04, 2009, 06:23:21 pm »
S-con forums are ALWAYS empty. Lol.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #373 on: October 04, 2009, 06:38:34 pm »
S-con forums are ALWAYS empty. Lol.

Haha. It will be my first year going next year, and I thought I'd visit the forums. I figured that if they were ~4X the size of K-con, there would be more activity online...but... NooooOOOOoooo. Oh wellz. :D

And so it begins...

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #374 on: October 05, 2009, 06:54:42 am »
Yeah, Sakura-con forums are usually empty until December/January.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2009, 06:56:37 am »
They're usually empty until I log in and start causing problems. ;]

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #376 on: October 05, 2009, 07:57:41 am »
DancingTofu, I certainly hope that was meant in jest. (meant as a joke.)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #377 on: October 05, 2009, 08:42:55 am »
I actually am a bit notorious there, but not horrendously so, and I don't intend to maintain that reputation.

I've been a bit notorious just about everywhere, at one time or another. :P

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2009, 08:51:37 am »
I was not there so I cannot say what gave you your semi-notorious reputation. But whatever happened then and there, I can see that you honestly want to make a better repute for yourself and that's good. I pride myself on travelling the path of respectability. I find it causes a lot less drama (I don't need no stinking drama!).  :D

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2009, 03:27:53 pm »
I was not there so I cannot say what gave you your semi-notorious reputation. But whatever happened then and there, I can see that you honestly want to make a better repute for yourself and that's good. I pride myself on travelling the path of respectability. I find it causes a lot less drama (I don't need no stinking drama!).  :D
^ This, is what makes you AWESOME
Thank you for bringing respect to our forum, the crazed people on here seem to need it.

I am looking for a nice place to stay myself... so if you know anything, tell me right away!
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #380 on: October 06, 2009, 05:22:22 am »
I've mentioned it a few times, but maybe you've missed it?  The Green Tortoise Hostel is nearby, secure, and very affordable.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #381 on: October 06, 2009, 11:20:24 am »
I've mentioned it a few times, but maybe you've missed it?  The Green Tortoise Hostel is nearby, secure, and very affordable.

Just joined in the thread, so thank you. I'll mention it to my hotel peeps.
It is going to be...

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #382 on: October 07, 2009, 11:55:27 am »
I second the drama thing

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #383 on: October 11, 2009, 07:49:31 am »
Ah NightLotus, you show good sense. My immeadiate family and I don't have any drama, we have our friends and relatives to provide that.

And on Sakuracon I'm most certainly looking foward to attending it and getting a boat load of awesome cosplay pictures, and perhaps even a celebrity photo or two for my blog.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:14:24 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2009, 07:04:45 pm »
Hey does anybody know of a good priced safe hotel close to Sakuracon? I'd appreciate any information.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2009, 07:41:35 pm »
We are trying the Paramount this year...heard good things and its only a block and a half from the convention center. I like my stay at the Sheraton and being right across the street from the con was definately awsome...but someone at that hotel stole almost $800 from my friends credit card that was used to reserve the room and she is still in a battle over it. If it weren't for that fiasco, I would definately recommend the Sheraton...but the Paramount rates as second best as far as reviews from con goers and proximity to the con itself.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #386 on: October 27, 2009, 08:02:07 pm »
Hey does anybody know of a good priced safe hotel close to Sakuracon? I'd appreciate any information.
Hilton and Red lion. Very close and some of the cheaper ones. But not insanely cheap, but farely priced. Red lion is a little farther then Hilton and you get a max of 5 people instead of 4 there.

@Charles
Right now the S-con forums have been pretty lively. To me at least since all the topics I post in have been updating daily. XD And that's been for a good while now. Also I tried figuring out booking on Green Tortoise Hostel and it was well....A little confusing to me. :/

"No Drama" is the number one rule at Janelle's house. That and "don't eat all the food" but I think that's only directed at me.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #387 on: October 27, 2009, 08:28:18 pm »
Thanks tofutakeout I appreciate this lass.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #388 on: October 27, 2009, 09:01:29 pm »
No problem. ^_^ I'm digging that you called me lass. <3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #389 on: October 27, 2009, 10:33:37 pm »
We are trying the Paramount this year...heard good things and its only a block and a half from the convention center. I like my stay at the Sheraton and being right across the street from the con was definately awsome...but someone at that hotel stole almost $800 from my friends credit card that was used to reserve the room and she is still in a battle over it. If it weren't for that fiasco, I would definately recommend the Sheraton...but the Paramount rates as second best as far as reviews from con goers and proximity to the con itself.
Ya i remeber you telling us that at the meet up lol

China bound!!!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #390 on: October 28, 2009, 10:07:28 am »
I am really looking forward to this. I enjoy staying at the Sheraton right next to the convention center. Not far to walk or anything XD

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #391 on: November 04, 2009, 06:23:06 pm »
It sounds like a wonderful convention according to what I've heard.

I can't wait!

I hope my parents will let me go!
It is Easter weekend, after all...
It is going to be...

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #392 on: November 04, 2009, 06:28:05 pm »
It sounds like a wonderful convention according to what I've heard.

I can't wait!

I hope my parents will let me go!
It is Easter weekend, after all...
We will kidnap you!

Jess & I already have our room reserved for the 2 of us...the 2 people we usually stay with at the cons are probably going as well but not 100% sure yet, & possibly a friend of ours from California is gonna fly up^^ We will have an army there...but we will need a Sarge to help control them all...

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #393 on: November 04, 2009, 06:54:58 pm »
Okay... I'll try and convince them.

Where are you staying?
It is going to be...

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #394 on: November 04, 2009, 07:06:51 pm »
I'll hopefully be able to go, for I was invited to go with some of my friends. So if anyone needs a ride at least to Chehalis, I might be able to help... I may try taking my own car up instead as well, it all depends on everything is all.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #395 on: November 04, 2009, 07:08:03 pm »
Okay... I'll try and convince them.

Where are you staying?
The Paramount...I like the Sheraton but they stole money from a friends credit card when we stayed there for the last con...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #396 on: November 04, 2009, 07:11:58 pm »
I need another costume to wear. I have something in mind...I may end up doing it but it will be a secret for now, just in case I don't.

And I love the Sheraton. They are a great hotel, very relaxed and have a great system for checkout times :D

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #397 on: November 04, 2009, 07:19:09 pm »
I had no issues with the stay at all...they were close to the con & extremely comfortable stay...but someone there stole $800 from my friends card...so im kinda leary giving my card info there.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2009, 08:59:26 pm »
To those who have been to S-con, I was wondering if you've experienced rain during the con? I'm not familiar with weather in Seattle around April...

Arigato~
And so it begins...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2009, 09:01:56 pm »
yes, you should expect it to rain all three/four days. If it doesn't your lucky but it normally rains at least a little. In 08 it snowed x.x