Author Topic: The Cosplay Piece Assistance Thread!  (Read 1974 times)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
The Cosplay Piece Assistance Thread!
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:50:34 am »
You heard me! Need help with a piece of costume? Not too sure how to go about styling that wig? Something keep falling off your prop and you don't wan to experiment with different glues on a very fragile space? Come here for help!

Now, my question to start it off.

Can the LEDs in an LED rope light be pulled out of the plastic tube so that you have a long strand of LEDs already wired in circuit? I suck at wiring LEDs in circuit and I want to take shortcuts. If so, how would you go about converting the DC from the battery into AC for the rope light? Would the DC-to-AC problem be rectified simply by cutting off the wall jack and the white wire cap it connects to at the end of the LED strand so that you have a positive and negative wire to connect a DC battery to?

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: The Cosplay Piece Assistance Thread!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 02:33:04 pm »
I honestly have no idea if they can or not. I'm pretty sure they can but I wouldn't take my word for it

My question is how I can attach a rather large piece of clay to my face? I made the eye for Deidara but I am not sure how to attach it. A few people have told me that spirit gum alone wouldn't be able to hold it up so I was thinking that I could have two strings come down from the headband and attach to the eye at the right height and then use the spirit gum to just hold it in place not to hold it up completely, but is there any other way of going about this?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:37:44 pm »
How heavy is it? Spirit gum is actually pretty strong when applied to an entire object. If it's kind of small and attaches to just the skin around your eye, it'll sag. But if it attaches to the skin right under the eyebrow and the very top of the cheek as well as along towards your temple spirit gum will keep it there until you pull it off.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 06:56:53 pm »
It comes to right below my eyebrow and to my cheek and about to the outer edge of the bone around my eye socket.

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:12:26 pm »
Ive been needing help maken my 3 blade scyth for Hidan of Akatsuki from naruto I made half of it thu far with 3 halloween scyth and red and white spray paint and white tape but my 1st thing I do is I sparyed it all red then let them set taped the bottom of it to the middle but what happens now is that I put take down so I can do this to it

see the white part of it every time i try to all the paint cracks is there another way that I can do it???

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:28:53 pm »
Try sealing the surface with some color shifting spackle or Bondo? They're both available at True Value, Home Depot or Jerrys... Anywhere that sells power tools, really.

@ Nikkiolie: Then you should be fine. Hit up a Spirit Superstore or a Party City or something and grab a little bottle of Spirit Gum... It's only like three bucks and it never goes bad. People say to get the remover, but it's really oily and stinks to high hell, I don't bother with it. I just pull the prosthetic/wig hairline/stick-on piercing off and then scratch the residue off with my fingernails in the shower.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:50:09 pm »
Alright I will do that some time this weekend and try it on to see how well it stays. If it works well that would make me so happy.

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 11:25:45 pm »
Ive been needing help maken my 3 blade scyth for Hidan of Akatsuki from naruto I made half of it thu far with 3 halloween scyth and red and white spray paint and white tape but my 1st thing I do is I sparyed it all red then let them set taped the bottom of it to the middle but what happens now is that I put take down so I can do this to it

see the white part of it every time i try to all the paint cracks is there another way that I can do it???

O i made mine you saw it right well first thing i would remake it using a pipe and wood shet rock thing my dad got me cues you can cut the pipe but them in and hold them together with these sliver things used for covering up plug out lits and every things at home depo and are you going as hidan cues i am agen and im but a cutom made $60 wig for mine and a lot more just for my Hidan one to be perfick
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 05:48:37 pm »

O i made mine you saw it right well first thing i would remake it using a pipe and wood shet rock thing my dad got me cues you can cut the pipe but them in and hold them together with these sliver things used for covering up plug out lits and every things at home depo and are you going as hidan cues i am agen and im but a cutom made $60 wig for mine and a lot more just for my Hidan one to be perfick

hmm its hard to understand lol im slow I like detail mabye you can help me make mine? ^_^