Author Topic: Music suggestions!  (Read 4034 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Music suggestions!
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:42:44 pm »
Hey, all. I'm  trying to get some good dance music to my iPod. I already have Caramelldansen XD Way ahead of you. So if you have any suggestions for dance music, please send them my way!

Actually, make that for any sort of music. I'm open :) Thanks, everyone!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Music suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:46:16 pm »
As far as dance goes, there's a gal who's trying to turn me on to Eurobeat stuff and it's pretty cool.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:47:00 pm »
Thanks! I'll look into it :)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:51:51 pm »
If you like Caramelldansen you might like Dam Dadi Doo
Or if your more Hip hopy I find a group called DBSK that make me dance XD

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:02 pm »
Thanks! I'll check them out!

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 10:21:33 pm »
Eiffel 65 (both CD's)

Daft Punk (Homework and Discovery)

BT: "Never Gonna Come Back Down" is popular

Darude: Sandstorm

The Slants

Royksopp

LTJ Bukem

And Thievery Corporation if you want to chill out a bit.

Offline Prince_of_Madness

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:26:32 pm »

One of my friends is obsessed with them.  She, and one of her friends, decided to "marry" them, it's pretty funny, in a wierd sort of way.

On topic: if you like upbeat, you could check out some of Miyavi's newer stuff, it's pretty fun to listen to.
Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 10:36:49 pm »

One of my friends is obsessed with them.  She, and one of her friends, decided to "marry" them, it's pretty funny, in a wierd sort of way.

I like their music and their pretty hot but I wouldn't go as far as total obsession XD

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 10:38:36 pm »
Thank you! I'll definitely check those out, too. Hooray! My iPod music was getting so boring. Well, I had, like 20 songs I'd just listen to over and over again.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 11:34:37 pm »
For a reminder: Ronan Hardiman.

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 08:41:33 am »
Hey, all. I'm  trying to get some good dance music to my iPod. I already have Caramelldansen XD Way ahead of you. So if you have any suggestions for dance music, please send them my way!

Actually, make that for any sort of music. I'm open :) Thanks, everyone!

I guess it depends on the kind of "dance" music that you like.
If you mean the kind of dance music that's in DDR...well, just take a look at all of the artists and DJ's on there! If you're a fan of anime theme remixes, I'd recommend DJ Amaya. Killer stuff!

If you like synth-pop/ dance rock...well, i invite you to give The Slants a chance (links in my signature); if you like what we d, there are groups such as New Order, Depeche Mode, IamX, and The Faint that are similar.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 10:32:56 am »
I, of course, can't give any suggestions for current dance music (I grew up in the 70's I doubt "Y.M.C.A.", "S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y. Night", "Another one Bites the Dust", and the multitude of other songs I danced to would be to your liking.  GAHH  I'm old!)  I was curious if you were listening to the original Caramell Dansen or one of the multitude of re-mixes.  I find most of the anime AMV's etc. use a re-mix track.  I like Chickaboom's AMV's, her SugardanSen is one of my favorites.  I also like the Attack of the Otaku she did using "The Game of Love" E=MC^2 Re=mix by Jenny Rom.  I would suppose you have "Hare Hare Yukai" by Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto.  You will have a thousand Haruhi's desend upon you and haunt your dreams forever if you don't.  Of course, if you have THAT, then.. well Lucky Star want's their chance as well, "Motteke! Sailor Fuku" by Aya Hirano, Emiri Katou, Kaori Fukuhara & Aya Endo.  Hmm... who is this Aya Hirano person? Anyway, another cute anime to dance to is Chocotto Sister's "Neko-nyan Dance" by Harenchi Punch.  Now if you can learn all of those dances, you will be an official anime dance queen.  ;D  I wonder if they give out prizes for that.  ???   :-\
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 06:04:28 pm by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 12:01:23 pm »
I, of course, can't give any suggestions for current dance music (I grew up in the 70's I doubt "Y.M.C.A.", "S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y. Night", "Another one Bites the Dust", and the multitude of other songs I danced to would be to your liking.  GAHH  I'm old!)  I was curious if you were listening to the original Carmel Dansen or one of the multitude of re-mixes.  I find most of the anime AMV's etc. use a re-mix track.  I like Chickaboom's AMV's, her SugardanSen is one of my favorites.  I also like the Attack of the Otaku she did using "The Game of Love" E=MC^2 Re=mix by Jenny Rom.  I would suppose you have "Hare Hare Yukai" by Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto.  You will have a thousand Haruhi's desend upon you and haunt your dreams forever if you don't.  Of course, if you have THAT, then.. well Lucky Star want's their chance as well, "Motteke! Sailor Fuku" by Aya Hirano, Emiri Katou, Kaori Fukuhara & Aya Endo.  Hmm... who is this Aya Hirano person? Anyway, another cute anime to dance to is Chocotto Sister's "Neko-nyan Dance" by Harenchi Punch.  Now if you can learn all of those dances, you will be an official anime dance queen.  ;D  I wonder if they give out prizes for that.  ???   :-\

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! "Another one bites the dust"? Queen is and always will be my all time favorite band! XD!! I'll take 70's dance music :) I like to have a variety. Heck, I love music that's before the 70's. ;)

I have both Caramell Dansens now, original and Speedy Cake. I forgot about Haruhi, and, oh my god, Lucky Star is one of my guilty pleasure songs.

Sugarlat: I <3 Dam Dadi Doo XD That song is really fun.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 05:53:37 pm »
M.O.V.E  ~ The Best!!! they did a good amount of the music for Initial D
Koda Kumi
M-Flow ~ Real awesome!!!
Basement Jaxx ~ another one of my favorite groups! Really good but seems to kinda get overshadowed by DaftPunk. Best CD they have out is called "The Singles" and its essentialy their greatest hits. Really Awesome CD.
Roni Size ~ another one of my favs

look into Nujabes they do really good chill music and i luv them.
Team Koga

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 12:57:30 am »
I'm not sure if I could really give any suggestions for dance music other than what's already been suggested, but I like alot of 80s/90s music. Kate Bush is really good. If you like Jrock, X-Japan is oldschool awsome ^_^. I've got this awsome Depeche Mode remix album (the cover is blue and green and it has this awsome "Enjoy the Silence" remix by one of the guys of Linkin Park) that I really like. I also really like Muse and Coldplay.

And this is all under the discretion of music that I like, so I'm not sure if it's really your taste.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 07:34:05 pm »
Hmm, I'm having a hard time finding songs from the bands you guys are suggesting. I think it's just that the download service I use doesn't  carry to lesser known bands.

As for the Slants, I'll have to go to a concert and hear the music in person, I dare say. I'm not good in absolutely massive crowds. Might have better luck at a non-convention :)

Thank you all! I've got tons of new music now!