Author Topic: how can i rid myself of this?  (Read 4791 times)

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
how can i rid myself of this?
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:39:55 pm »
ok so like i'm in major break out mode. and its been getting worse not better.... its just gross.
whats your magic cure? if you have one... like any suggestions. i've changed my face wash.
and my shampoo(i've developed an allergies to it)
what truely works for you?
i don't drink pop.
its spread to my neck and chest too. but thats possibly the allergie.
but either way i just feel gross. and yeah i wash my face. twice a day.
ok. go!
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: how can i rid myself of this?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:06:40 pm »
I've heard that using head & shoulders shampoo on your face works great. I tried it once for about a week and actually saw results, but I can't stick to a daily plan for anything >.<

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 11:43:02 pm »
dark chocolate. lol XD
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 01:53:45 am »
I've heard that diet affects your acme, so maybe avoid greasy foods. I usually get breakouts around my "cycle," so it's also related to hormones. Do you mousturize? If your skin is too dry, that can also cause breakouts.

Have you gone to a dermatologist? These are just my suggestions and they can be completely wrong, so it might be best to seek expert advice ^_^.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 08:37:37 am »
I use proactive and it seems to work pretty good, it's kinda spendy for face wash but if it works, plus if your a teenager you might just be going through late stages of puberty and have a million times your normal hormones.
 Seeing a dermatologist sounds like a good idea though
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 09:46:36 am »
Alright you don't want to over wash your face, and by the sounds of it it could be an allergic reaction. You might want to visit a doctor to find out. If it is not I am a big fan of proactive. It has worked really well for me.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 10:14:22 am »
proactive didn't work for me.
mother lost her job so there is no like insurance for seeing the doc cheap. and last time the stuff the doc gave me didn.'t work to well either.
kkeep in mind i do wash, dry, moisturize.
and i'm also remembering to sanitize my hands before touching my face. but thats hard. and its a hard habit to stop touching.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 10:59:52 am »
Without going to a dermatologist or purchasing expensive medication, there isn't a lot you can do.  You may try asking your school nurse if there is anything that the school can provide you for a low cost.  My only recommendation for a person on a budget is an aloe gel.  Your moisturizer may already have aloe in it.  Aloe is a great healer and protector combo.  Umm...  The one thing that almost always works for a female who is having acme problems and has reached puberty is.. Ahem.. "the Pill" (cough)  :-[  You may be able to get it through Planned Parenthood if you are not already on it.  Sorry, I have no advice beyond that.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline verdant hero

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 11:27:33 am »
nah kid! heres what you do! find a mary kay meeting! go to it! BUT DONT BUY ANYTHING!

while there figure out what kind of skin you have and what items are best for you - and ofcourse listen to the presentation! you'll learn a bunch about how the whole clearing up your face process works: getting rid of dead skin, clearing pores, ect. then take what you've learned to the net... compare, study, then go find items fit for you face type.

as for the topic of the thread, i did the same thing i just prescribed to you, i went and stood as the only young male at a mary kay meeting (they actualy have a lot of items for guys... not that it makes a difference the bottle just is more masculine looking and doesnt say mary kay in such big letters) i found that i have very oily skin, thus i needed to clean my face of dead skin with a non hydrating item. i actualy just use rubbing alchohol, then i found this awesome item made by berts bees, its this awesome toner and ph balancer for oily skinned people. and it smells like tomato, which is a surprisingly awesome scent... i really need to find a mask, meaning a goo you stick on your face, it hardens after about 20 mins then you scrub it off, that works really well to, but its not really somthing i need to do all the time...

anyways, hope this helps! pretty much everyone has a beautiful face, you just have to clean it up and you'll look great! trust me!

"I know how hard it is being a leader. I've been
one. I always forget who has what materia."
-Cid, Final Fantasy VII

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 12:31:15 pm »
Whenever I break out, I use the white bottle of the Proactive set that my sister got ages ago from one of her friends. I just use that part, cause for some reason it works really well on appearing or zits that have already appeared. Within two days they're gone, but I have to remember to apply it at least two times a day.

It could also be stress. If you're stressed out that could definitely be a causing factor.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 01:28:03 pm »
To wuntvor yeah tried to convince my mom to let me go on the pill. it failed. much like her getting my belly peirced for my birthday.
the pill grows hips and boobs and clears acne... and the other "less" important stuff. lol

To Sayda maybe if i got a really awsome message the acne would go away. lol. or just the knots in my back.

yeah life gets stressful in october for some reason. but i can't comletely blame stress for the break outs because i've stressed and not broken out.
and when i was sick i had perfect skin.. its like as the mono clears my system the acne appears. grrr..
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 04:35:11 pm »
Clearasil Ultra works really well for me :) I broke out for like a day or two at first but I haven't had any really bad acne since!

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 04:40:31 pm »
I just had the same prob so I went back to my old face cleaner
when you change from one you use alot to another thats how it starts so yea

my fav is Clean and Clear with Green Tea
^_^

and to think im a stright guy LOL

Daniel AKA Ichigo

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 04:45:08 pm »
heeeey you could try some inexpensive organic type stuff. could be some chemicals in the stuff your using. I can't remember any brands right now since I'm not in the bathroom. lol oh maybe you need a face mask. :3 like guacamole or something along those lines.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 05:43:54 pm »
I use the nuetrogena bars and that works really really well for me. Its NOT expensive and it doesn't completly dry out your skin like some of the others.  Aside from that avoid chocolate and any real greasy foods.  Good luck.
Team Koga

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 05:56:46 pm »
I use the nuetrogena bars and that works really really well for me. Its NOT expensive and it doesn't completly dry out your skin like some of the others.  Aside from that avoid chocolate and any real greasy foods.  Good luck.

lol I eat mostly only chocolate
and I hardly brake out but yea

I joke about how if I had blood drawn it would come out chocolate

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 07:22:13 pm »
chocolate has been proven to not cause break outs.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 08:11:25 pm »
Yeah if this break out started because you tried something new then go back to what you were using before.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 08:33:11 pm »
my break is going away because i switched... maybe i'm developing an allergie to clean and clear as well? because i swithed to something else and its been getting better...*runs up stairs* nope did not switch just bought a face alcohol thingy that is clean and clear..

but my other face washes are biore and apricot scrub... i think i'll convert back to biore. it has worked best in the past. the warming blackhead cleanser is great the you use the cooling clenser after it for blemishes. you can actually feel the heating and cooling affects.

the scrub as helped prevent the boil type zit lumps. except to the one that decided to show up by my ear. that was soo annoying. and it bruised and stuff. they don't pop no matter how many times you poke em..
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 08:35:16 pm »
I wouls suggest going back to what worked.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 08:37:25 pm »
but the changing seasons could also be a factor.
i know because my hair reacts differently to shampoo's and conditioners. (even when i don't dye my hair every month)
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »
Yeah it could be.

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 04:42:49 pm »
Well, what I do when that happens:
Every morning I use Clean and Clear Oil Free Deep Action Cream Cleanser in the shower.
Then, after my face is dry, I use Clean and Clear Oil Free Dual Action Moisturizer (just a little goes a looong way)
In the evening, or when I realize my face is getting not-so-clean feeling, I wash my face with hot water and a washcloth. No need for any cleaner or anything. Then I use some more of the Moisturizer.

It may help to put a hot washcloth on your face for a couple of minutes before washing, because it opens the pores so you can clean them better :D
A really cheap way to pull some of the oils and such on your face is to buy some mud mask stuff. I have a cheap tube I bought for 3 dollars, it smells like exotic dirt- but it works. Smear some on your face (just enough that you cover the pores *you can see little holes in the mud when you smear it on*, or else it won't dry properly) and let it dry till it is light colored and cracking. Then just wash it off, and put more moisturizer on your face :D

It works for me! And it is reeeeeeeeally cheap to do!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 11:38:29 pm »
Also, believe it or not, toothpaste works when you have or feel a nasty breakout surfacing. Just dab it on the breakout area and leave it on for a few hours. It can't be a gel though, just regular toothpaste.
All of my friends and I approve of this weird remedy.
Aaaand that's my tip for tonight. :D
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 01:21:17 pm »
well its been getting better. the cleana nd clear is nearly gone.
i wash in the morn and the evening (only is i wear make-up or just feel dirty)
i use a face mask before i shower depending on the level of oil on my face i choose the proactive mask or the neutragena.
in the morn i use and biore deep action clenser then a cooling clenser also biore.
after i wash my face i use a astringent and then the face is completly dry from that i use a moisturizer.
the blemished has been reduced greatly anf the amount of acne has gone down. the type....changed...

i've heard about toothpaste. but it has to be a certain type to work. and i've also heard it help cd's....i'm still scepticle on that..
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 05:39:44 pm »
mmmm... besides what the others mentioned, I would add: changing your pillow case/bed sheets more often.  You wear make-up? If so, maybe consider a different kind that doesn't clog pores and are hypo-allergenic.

I purchased products from acne.org when I was younger and my face has cleared up a lot since.  I just get occasional break outs when I'm stressed or when my hormones go hay-wire around that time of the month. 

good luck and just be confortable with yourself. BEAUTY is only skin deep.
And so it begins...

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm »
Don't condition your hair after you've washed your face.

While your conditioner is setting, wash your body minus your face, wash out the conditioner, and then wash your face.
"Would you kindly. ."