Author Topic: So... zombies  (Read 7993 times)

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
So... zombies
« on: October 18, 2008, 08:15:01 pm »
Alright. So, say zombies were rampant.

At the place you are right now... could you survive (considering the items around or near you)?
If so, how? If not, why? Would you run like hell, or would you have a place to keep them out?
Would you save your friends or save yourself?
If you weren't in a safe place, would you sooner end your life yourself or fight until you've fought the good fight? I wanna know! And I know it's the spam forums but stay on the zombie topic, at least. Srsly. Plz.  ::)
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
Re: So... zombies
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 08:16:00 pm »
I would go to costco!
I miss 2010.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:23:56 pm »
Where I am right now, I could survive because I have cement walls and a heavy door with a good lock. I'd be screwed after the food ran out however, because I live on the tenth floor of student housing apartments in Portland. I'd fight though. Damn zombies and their scary brain-eating ways. I won't have it!

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 08:27:02 pm »
Where I live I would most likely die after they got in XD
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 09:40:40 pm »
hmmmmm......i have many sharp and blunt objects to bash their heads in my house. hover also tons of windows but I'm high off the ground and with all the furniture in my house I could barricade doors and windows. but it's likely they'd go for the neighbors first since I make little noise to distract. I have food so Id be be good and I also have a basement/ attic to hide in. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 09:42:08 pm »
I wonder how many people will die trying to protest and prevent the genocide of zombies.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 09:47:15 pm »
I would grab my dad's car and plow through them until I got to Ari's house because she's the only friend that's lives close enough that I could save. Then, after picking her up and getting her in my car, I'd slowllly make my way to Olympia while checking on all of my friends to see if their ok, then arrive in Olympia to get on my dad's boat. Then we'd just live on there and be pirates.  8)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 09:55:48 pm »
@CatchxMe
presuming the other pirates out the seas dun kill you for invading their turf.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 09:57:34 pm »
@Seraph
Presuming my dad DIDN'T have bullet proof windows on his boat.  8) And we didn't have shotguns.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 09:59:37 pm »
1.  They have Ak 47.  they have better range and power then a shotgun
2.  They also have RPG7.  they can just blow you up.
3.  there is no such thing as bullet proof windows.  bullet resistent maybe.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 10:02:08 pm »
It's slag, if you need to know.

And another thing:

I would not be AT SEA, so I doubt many people would care about us being pirates. And you wouldn't know what they're carrying. They wouldn't shoot us while zombies are more dangerous.  They wouldn't waste the ammunition.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 10:03:12 pm by CatchxMe »

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 10:03:55 pm »
ZOMBEH PIRATES!
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 10:07:54 pm »
@CatchxMe
yes they would, they want your food, ammo(for what its worth) and money =P

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 10:10:48 pm »
@CatchxMe
yes they would, they want your food, ammo(for what its worth) and money =P

Food would mean little compared to killing a zombie in front of you, money means NOTHING in a world of zombie attacks, and our ammo wouldn't be good for their guns. ^^

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 10:13:02 pm »
@CatchxMe
I dun think they have zombies on their boat, so they want food for the long term.  unless there is a huge number of zombies like a lot of zombie flims tend to do, then money may go useless.
well sometimes you have take what you get when it comes to weaponry

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 10:15:11 pm »
But like I said, if they honestly needed our ammunition that bad, they wouldn't use the big guns on us in the first place.  <3

And I guess the main question would be where we were, what supplies and weapons they had, and what dangers were around.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 10:17:22 pm »
true.  it would depend on those main questions.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 10:18:44 pm »
I'm glad we're in agreement, my friend! <3

I hope to fight zombies beside you if the time ever came!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 10:24:46 pm »
first I'd take my swords. my guitars, and my power tools, load them up in my moms boyfriends SUV, I'd drive to the bus station, steal a bus, pick up my friends and their familys. drive to the wal-mart right next to the home depot. kill everyone in there that was looting, because we would need the stuff. board up all the doors, and make a bridge between home depot and wal-mart so we could go freely in between. with the weapons in home depot and wal-mart, and the food in wal-mart, we'd survive. I've actually thought this out before hand, its much more detailed, but thats the brunt end of it. there would also be looting of gun shops and car shops.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 10:40:36 pm »
Yo aside from pirates and zombies youre going to need to watch out for other survivors. Other survivors wich may decide you have it better then them. Other survivors wich will want what you have and will kill you to get it. Where ever you decide to bunker down odds are youre gonna have to fend off more then just Zombies.
Team Koga

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 10:48:59 pm »
Yo aside from pirates and zombies youre going to need to watch out for other survivors. Other survivors wich may decide you have it better then them. Other survivors wich will want what you have and will kill you to get it. Where ever you decide to bunker down odds are youre gonna have to fend off more then just Zombies.

exactly! thats why we throw all the dead looters ( the ones in my previous post) into the parking lot so it gets filled with zombies! and if they try to get close we pick 'em off from the rooftops. my plans solid.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 12:03:14 am »
I'm in the loft of an old house.  By standing at the top of the extremely steep staircase, I could deal some wicked neck-breaking kicks until the stairwell was jammed.  There aren't any good weapons around, but I do have $19, a pair of sunglasses, and a few computers.

I wouldn't really be able to do much about saving others; I'd be trapped up here until the surge subsided, then I'd go out the back window, try to get my boots, find somewhere safe to put those and a thick coat on, then I'd head to the trainyard.  Once I was there, I'd try to find a real weapon, then I'd look for somewhere to hide.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 12:04:46 am »
I'm in the loft of an old house.  By standing at the top of the extremely steep staircase, I could deal some wicked neck-breaking kicks until the stairwell was jammed.  There aren't any good weapons around, but I do have $19, a pair of sunglasses, and a few computers.

I wouldn't really be able to do much about saving others; I'd be trapped up here until the surge subsided, then I'd go out the back window, try to get my boots, find somewhere safe to put those and a thick coat on, then I'd head to the trainyard.  Once I was there, I'd try to find a real weapon, then I'd look for somewhere to hide.

would you like me to grab the bus and come get you?

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 12:07:02 am »
Somehow this all sounds like it would be from dawn of the dead or something XD
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 12:10:17 am »

would you like me to grab the bus and come get you?
I was figuring on jacking a train and using Ground Kontrol for my final battleground after I get the turrets installed on the DDR machine.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 12:12:34 am »
makes complete sense. most of these plans work out fine if there classic zombies, but if there I am legend zombies, were pretty screwed.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 12:14:16 am »
Yeah, those are more similar to berserk vampires though, and they only have those in North Europe.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 12:16:41 am »
I'm in North Europe!!!! oh wait, nevermind, im not. oh, whew so im safe.

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 12:17:27 am »
I feel like playing dead riseing to gain zombeh killin skills  ;D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 12:32:29 am »
Wrong Salem much?  lol

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 12:34:00 am »
I've been thinking of getting the dead rising for the wii

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 12:35:11 am »
Ive oly played it once....at a friends house for like 10 mins while he was in the bathroom XD So I didnt get to kill many zombies DX
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2008, 02:28:02 am »
makes complete sense. most of these plans work out fine if there classic zombies, but if there I am legend zombies, were pretty screwed.

Lawl yea Crimson Heads or Zoombies would be Very Bad and would change things quite abit

Ehhh  if you have a 360 get it for that. They had to cut out a ton of stuff for it to be playable on the wii. Don't know all the details but i know that you no longer take pictures anymore. Due to the system specs the limit cap for on screen zombies is less then 100. I'd rent it before buying the reviews for it didn't seem too positive. Sorry
Team Koga

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2008, 02:48:24 am »
@Koga
according to wikipedia, you can't take photos due to the new camera system, they will have 100 zombies on screen, a adjustable difficulty, each mission has its own timer rather then the central 72 hours, and you can have multiple save slots rather then having just one.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 03:26:48 am »
I saw a zombie movie a couple years ago and I'm a huge wimp so now I'm scared to be alone in a car while everyone else is inside wherever we are. Sometimes they even leave the door in the front seat open and I start to have a panic attack cause I'm too freaked to get up and close it. Wow I'm pathetic.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:27:31 am by DemonSpawn »
I miss 2010.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 03:41:32 am »
HM. I would grab a blanket, canned food, my computer and all other electronics possible, wake my family up and shove them in the car and have them drive up to Canada. ELECTRONICS FIRST. FAMILY SECOND. CANADA THIRD.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 03:42:30 am »
@Syd
how do you know Canada would be any safer?  you might find zombie cows or something.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 03:47:38 am »
Easy. All the other famous cosplayers are up there, and they'll protect me! FDP, Koi, TTB, OtakuJen...

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 09:31:34 am »
But what if they're already zombies too? You won't know ahead of time, right? That would basically suck xD

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 10:02:19 am »
Wrong Salem much?  lol

yeah...

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 10:03:32 am »

Lawl yea Crimson Heads or Zoombies would be Very Bad and would change things quite abit

Ehhh  if you have a 360 get it for that. They had to cut out a ton of stuff for it to be playable on the wii. Don't know all the details but i know that you no longer take pictures anymore. Due to the system specs the limit cap for on screen zombies is less then 100. I'd rent it before buying the reviews for it didn't seem too positive. Sorry

I''d say get the 360 version, they'd have to cut so much stuff out for the wii, it wouldn't even be funny.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 10:59:16 am »
@Bob
besides the Hi Def, we still dun know what they're cutting out.  while we have hints that there may be fewer zombies, but that would be on a easier difficulty setting.  its too early to say if its gutted.

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 11:40:43 am »
well, I wouldn't survive haha. I'm on the 6th floor of my dorm building, which is the second to last floor. I'd probably be too chicken to risk going down to the lobby which could possibly be flooded with the infected. I'd grab some water bottles, a flashlight, my phone and laptop and take the fire stairs to the roof, hopefully avoiding any undead or crazies on the way. And hopefully finding some allies. I have no weapons on me but if there are any fire emergency boxes with axes in them I will definately grab one on the way to the rooftop. I've never been up on the roof but hopefully the door that leads out is heavy so I shouldn't have to worry about the undead trying to get through (they wouldn't be intelligent enough to turn the doorknob anyways). I wouldn't have any food so I will either starve to death or a rescue helicopter will save me. If there are other survivors on the roof with me I would hope the copter gets to us before we all starve and go insane.

so that's what I think would happen to me! :D

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 02:25:38 pm »
Well I live on the second floor, the door is fairly sturdy but I think if someone really wanted to kick it in they could.  But on the other hand, I have lots of swords so I'd fight it out.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 03:10:32 pm »
But what if they're already zombies too? You won't know ahead of time, right? That would basically suck xD
Psh, zombies don't affect Candian cosplayers! Everyone knows that! HURRY. TO ANIME EVOLUTION.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 08:54:05 pm »
Psh, zombies don't affect Candian cosplayers! Everyone knows that! HURRY. TO ANIME EVOLUTION.
Lies! Canadians cosplayers can be zombies. They'd just be looking hella awesome xD
Also, Canadian mounties.
Woah.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 12:49:28 am »
well, I wouldn't survive haha. I'm on the 6th floor of my dorm building, which is the second to last floor. I'd probably be too chicken to risk going down to the lobby which could possibly be flooded with the infected. I'd grab some water bottles, a flashlight, my phone and laptop and take the fire stairs to the roof, hopefully avoiding any undead or crazies on the way. And hopefully finding some allies. I have no weapons on me but if there are any fire emergency boxes with axes in them I will definately grab one on the way to the rooftop. I've never been up on the roof but hopefully the door that leads out is heavy so I shouldn't have to worry about the undead trying to get through (they wouldn't be intelligent enough to turn the doorknob anyways). I wouldn't have any food so I will either starve to death or a rescue helicopter will save me. If there are other survivors on the roof with me I would hope the copter gets to us before we all starve and go insane.

so that's what I think would happen to me! :D
Don't worry, I'd save you with my supertrain and DDRtanks.

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 01:02:45 am »
First, I'd run to my friend Mike's room.  He is the resident zombie-killing expert.  I think he knows some people who have a veritable bunker, with guns and food and all that jazz.  If we made it, and they let us in, we'd probably chill there for awhile.

If for some reason we were forced out of the bunker, I'd get myself a mountain bike, some water and food, a baseball bat/crowbar/similar bludgeoning instrument, perhaps a gun, and a partner or two with the same equipment.  Then I'd make my way out to I-5 and head south into the mountains.  I'd always camp in the top, where I had either sheer cliffs (up or down) or open fields on either side.  I'd have someone keep watch while the other slept.  The remote location would probably cut down on the zombie encounters, and the open area would give us a good view.  If we spotted any approaching zombies, we'd hop on the bikes and just cruise down the mountainside and up the next.  When we figured we'd gotten far enough away from the undead menace, we'd stop again at the top of the next mountain.

Eventually I'd probably make my way to Siskyou summit, or some other similar elevated position, and wait for winter.  When the snow came in, the zombies would all freeze and I'd have the place to myself.  Provided I had the right gear to survive the conditions...

Then, four words: heavily armored monster truck.
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2008, 10:44:44 am »
There is a church not far away, I could go get some clerics to cast turn undead and send the zombie's fleeing
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:49 pm »
Actually, there is a cemetary not too far from where I live. And cemetaries are actually safe during a zombie outbreak.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."