Author Topic: cosplay pet-peeves  (Read 39021 times)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: cosplay pet-peeves
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2008, 06:39:23 pm »
yeah a friend of mine is saying that we need to be some sailor scouts just for the sake of being one. I still need to decide on which one I want to be how ever. :)
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2008, 08:02:11 pm »
Back on sewing-machines, I hate how mine keeps on unthreading itself right when I go to make a stitch -w-
I dunno if all sewing machines are like this or if mine's just dumb, but when my needle goes up, it pulls along the slack string, and if I forget to hold it it pulls out and I need to rethread it again >o<

Rooooar. D8 At least I'm pretty good at threading needles now, though...

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2008, 08:29:34 pm »
@Hazuza
my machine does that as well so I suspect its a part of how all sewing machine operate.  I make a habit of moving the lever(not sure if that is proper term) all the way up while holding on the thread to ensure it doesn't unthread itself.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2008, 08:55:56 pm »
I just got a brand new one(which it's actually old) and it works really well. it's easier to use too. but is about 40-45 pounds. I had a new one but it also un-thread on me and when I re-threaded it it would only sew about half a foot then stop. :/ it was annoying
da/tumblr

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2008, 10:18:58 am »
hmmmm another pet peeve I have.....Oh I know. The people that are "don't cosplay Naruto or Bleach or Death Note because it is overdone" I don't care if it is overdone if you want to cosplay a character do it. But you know you could try to make it look really really good.
I agree... but, take my link for example: Link is pretty over done, but I wanted to do it anyway. I didn't want to spend way to much money as well. I can sympathize with people who want to do a character but don't have a lot of time or money, so just do what they are able to and have fun! ^^
They are recognizable, and its fun for them! ^^

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2008, 10:22:41 am »
But it is really easy to do a good costume on a low budget. You said you didn't have too much money to spend but both your costumes turned out great. With any costume if you looked really closely you will see flaws, and of course the person who made it will know all the flaws but no one else will. Unless you tell them to critique your costume.

The most important thing is that you are doing this for fun but believe me if you go the extra little step and be a slight perfectionist you WILL notice the difference when con time comes. I can never get enough of hearing "you are the best ______"

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2008, 05:15:11 pm »
Yeah, you're definitely the best temari I've ever seen, Nikki |3

And  Nightlotus, you and your sis were the best links I've ever seen *0* The detail you put into that was awesome...

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2008, 08:14:14 pm »
This might not quite be a cosplay pet peeve, but more of a convention pet peeve.  I really am annoyed when convention goers (in costume) are really loud and obnoxious.  I know that I was once a teenager (not that long ago) and I was loud, especially when I used to go to the mall with a group of girlfriends, but pleeeeeeaaase, just don't give me a headache with the screeching voices and loud bellows.

I do believe the characters that were being cosplayed were not quite...mature, dare I say.

^_^

Yup, that's one of my pet peeves; I'm sure more will come up as I think some more... work brain... work!!! (brain says: chocolate....)   :-*
And so it begins...

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2008, 12:02:56 am »
Yeah, at cons people tend to get distracted and forget to use common courtesy -u-
I wouldn't be surprised if I have a few times...

-I think there's already a cosplay courtesy thread on here somewhere, but heck, I'll post all these-

- Do not shout YAOI wherever you go, and do not urge cosplayers to do those sort of... things... if they are younger or seem uncomfortable.
- Ask before taking pictures, and if they decline your request, don't bugger 'em or take their picture without warning.
- DO NOT HIT PEOPLE WITH PROPS/WEAPONS/PLUSHIES/ANYTHING WITHOUT WARNING D8
- Do not... glomp.... without warning.
- Do not litter dangit D8< Or don't leave your crap on tables/seats/in halls if you're leaving for a long time
- Scoot overrrrrr... In the hallways or on benches, leave some space for other tired otakus... And if you're sitting next to someone who seems tired or isn't talking much, don't be too loud and obnoxious; give 'em space.
- In-Character or not, don't sexually harass people >_>;;;;;
- Generally be nice. D8 If someone puts you off, don't stir up a fight. Let it go and rant about it later to a friend, you don't want some silly slip of words ruining your, or anyone else's, con.
- Don't pick at someone else's costume unless they ask for a critique or what you think about it. >8 Usually we know what we did wrong, or what could've been better, and we're kinda self-conscious getting it pointed out -u- Oh, and if you're cosplaying the same character as someone else, don't brag about how yours is better D|;;

On that last one, this year when I was posing for a photo, someone said "Do you even /read/ that series??" Because I was using a pretty generic pose. In retrospect, I dunno why that irked me so much ._.;

--

Long post is long ^^; Sorry!

TLDR; Respect other cosplayers and the con space as if they were your best friends D| Or something like that.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2008, 08:18:01 am »
No that needs to be posted. A lot of people would randomly run up to us and hug us without warning. If I was wearing a different costume, like Albel (which is very fragile), I would be pissed especially if something broke x.x

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2008, 04:36:03 pm »
yeah that's always a terrible thing. or they run up and hug you when your hands are full. thats a no no.
da/tumblr

Offline YouDontKnowMe

• Oni
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2008, 05:43:54 pm »
People who act too much like the person they are cosplaying. It's cute in anime, not in real life.
Noisy people.
Constant shoving.
"I LOST THE GAME!" -omg ey lurst teh gaim, nuuu i lost game (Extremely annoying especially in a huge crowd.)
People who won't give space to other people.
The running.
Chasing people with props.
People who talk too much.
People who talk to me at all.
People in general.

As you can see, I have social issues. I don't have very good people skills.
09 cosplays

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:03 pm »
People in general.
0_0......we have so much in common. Everything I nodded at agreeing with. I tend to say to my friends 'I hate people' or I'll get annoyed at someone and they'll say I have people problems....and I do.
da/tumblr

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2008, 10:38:27 pm »
People in general, and people who talk to you? Isn't that what's suppose to happen at cons and why you go to them in the first place? If you don't like it when people speak to you, or people at all, then why would you bring yourself into an environment crawling with talkative, open people?

As for me, I don't really like it when people refer to others who aren't in Cosplay as 'normal'. Just because they aren't dressed in costume doesn't make them normal. If you think about it, there aren't a lot of 'normal' people out there. We're all way too different to consider the general human race as normal.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2008, 10:41:21 pm »
Youdon'tknowme could be brought to cons by others. Who knows?

And one of my peeves is having to put on a costume within a small time frame. XD

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2008, 10:59:12 pm »
And one of my peeves is having to put on a costume within a small time frame. XD

The only reason it comes to that is because you procrastinate way too much before putting it on >W>;

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2008, 11:00:49 pm »
*coughschoolcough*

Offline Yugure

• Cabbit
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2008, 08:31:41 pm »
I don't like being hugged suddenly by strangers, especially when they attack me from the back.  e.e;;;
and when ladies cosplay as males and don't bind.  It can be rather disturbing. XD  I know binding is a pain having done it myself, but it helps a lot!

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2008, 08:46:19 am »
No that needs to be posted. A lot of people would randomly run up to us and hug us without warning. If I was wearing a different costume, like Albel (which is very fragile), I would be pissed especially if something broke x.x

Yea for some reason people feel it nessecery to tackle me while I'm holding Bankai Zabimaru.

You'd think that would be a deterant. (Usually he is wrapped around me with his spikes facing outward,) but no, no.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2008, 10:37:25 am »
And also, some girls who cosplay "feminine" versions of male characters o-o It scares me.
Like most of the SnJ cosplays o-0 Some are alright, cause they actually make it look like what the character would wear if they were females, but others, like dressing Naruto in a bikini o-o just...isn't right.
I kind of would have fun doing SnJ cosplay though >>
as long as to keep the costume recognizable... just tailored to a girl's style, I think it can be really good!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2008, 10:44:51 am »

Yea for some reason people feel it nessecery to tackle me while I'm holding Bankai Zabimaru.

You'd think that would be a deterant. (Usually he is wrapped around me with his spikes facing outward,) but no, no.

Yeah our Gaara was really nervous because people didn't seem to care if they asked or not. And she got glomped A LOT

And also, some girls who cosplay "feminine" versions of male characters o-o It scares me.
Like most of the SnJ cosplays o-0 Some are alright, cause they actually make it look like what the character would wear if they were females, but others, like dressing Naruto in a bikini o-o just...isn't right.
I kind of would have fun doing SnJ cosplay though >>
as long as to keep the costume recognizable... just tailored to a girl's style, I think it can be really good!

Another pet-peeve I have is when people cross SnJ shows.....like a SnJ Roxas or what not. Who ever thought of it first was original but it is being done to death now.....like L

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2008, 11:03:46 am »
I know one of my personal pet peeves is ears/horns. They HAVE to look right. If they dont look furry in the anime/manga it dosent seem right. If they are horns like I had to do for my Nyu cosplay from Elfen Lied I had to buy the plastic ones and remove the fuzz because it was the only way to make them work perfect. I was even approached by another Nyu and asked where I found the horns I did. I saw her later with the same ones. It made me really happy knowing that I helped another cosplayer look awesome too.

I plan on cosplaying Kyota from Loveless (One of he Yuri chicks, and the only one who wears "false" ears) and I still havent decided how to make them look perfect. I just cant sew fluffy material to a headband, it burns my soul. lol.
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2008, 10:45:46 am »
Ahh, I dislike a lot of SnJ cosplays too -w-

Sometimes, it can be done, and can be done good. But often it's just when a girl gets too lazy to make a cosplay, or bind, or get a wig, and they just throw on things from the closet that look kinda like their character. >.<

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2008, 10:59:14 am »
Ahh, I dislike a lot of SnJ cosplays too -w-

Sometimes, it can be done, and can be done good. But often it's just when a girl gets too lazy to make a cosplay, or bind, or get a wig, and they just throw on things from the closet that look kinda like their character. >.<
this i can understand as being really annoying! Its less the SnJ thats annoying, its the lack of work/attention to detail that gets annoying!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2008, 11:24:22 am »
I was totally going to say SnJ type cosplays. I guess it doesn't bother me if it's done right. What really bothers me though is when girls dress in the smallest amount of clothing possible when doing it. Seriously, do you really think that the character would wear a bikini or a skirt small enough to show their butt if they were a girl? >.<;

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2008, 12:00:07 pm »
 I feel a little ignorant here, but what is SnJ?

I agree with dislike of turning male characters to females. G**dammit you can find slutty women in suggestion material ( or w/e) everywhere. Anime/videogames are the only place we can has our pretty boys. LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2008, 07:22:36 pm »
sexy no jutsu. Don't worry it took me a long time to figure it out as well.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2008, 09:50:54 pm »
yeah that is nice

but I feel that you should only be able to wear it if you are a character from Naruto, and for me even that is pushing it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2008, 09:56:23 pm »
yeah that what I meant as other characters doing it.....but I don't really care as long as it is from the show....I mean Roxas doesn't need to do a SnJ >_>

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2008, 09:31:47 pm »
...I once saw a SnJ Kankuro...
I was a little weirded out by it...
considering she didn't really [ahem] have a great body for it  :( yet she was wearing small tight leather shorts and a leather vest

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2008, 03:07:47 am »
Well, I've got no problem with the femme versions of male characters...but why oh why do people feel the need to make the vast majority of them hot? A female Mario still ought to be short and dumpy, you know--just getting different bits and losing the mustache isn't going to make Maria svelte with boobs and hot gams.

And yes, even if you're not personally short and dumpy and you still want to be female Mario, there's a vast middle ground there.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2008, 12:12:33 pm »
I dislike really cheaply done cosplays. 

Like someone who did inuyasha by wearing red sweat pants and a red shirt, having a wig that showed their normal color of hair.  There comes a point when it is somewhat insulting to see.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2008, 08:55:44 pm »
Well, I've got no problem with the femme versions of male characters...but why oh why do people feel the need to make the vast majority of them hot? A female Mario still ought to be short and dumpy, you know--just getting different bits and losing the mustache isn't going to make Maria svelte with boobs and hot gams.

And yes, even if you're not personally short and dumpy and you still want to be female Mario, there's a vast middle ground there.

Depends. If you can pull it off and you DO look hot in it, than by all means do it. If you cant quite pull it off than make it flattering to you.  Playing a fem version of a male character is sum-what boring unless you get variety in the costume.  I enjoy seeing many versions of the same character as it gives great personality to the individuals. *And...not to be rude in any way but look at many girls in anime, most of them are very sexy characters, if male characters were turned female it would be the same thing.*
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2008, 09:32:37 pm »
Wellll, this is going to piss off all of you, I just know it. 8D;;;

-People who insist you MUST be the right height for your characters.  Dude, anime is not proportionally accurate.  I'm asian!  I'm five feet tall!  Since Japanese people are apparently obsessed with height, this limits me to young schoolgirls and maybe one or two other people...
-The idea you MUST have the right chest size.  I can understand too much boobage, and asking for a little bonding, but here's the thing: Girls with small boobs are insecure about it.  They will argue their asses off about how large boobs aren't important, but really.  They want big boobs.  Now, how many female japanese characters (who aren't young schoolgirls) DON'T have giant boobs and engulfing cleavage?  Oooh, being asian is a curse. 
-OMG YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT EYE COLOR NANO DESUUUU~~~ No stfu no.  This goes again for contacts... I have a pants-wetting-type phobia of things going into my eyes.  Seriously, it TERRIFIES me.  Now, again, I'M ASIAN.  I have brown eyes.  I wear glasses.  I take my glasses off for pictures when people ASK, but I'm not going to wander the whole con blindly or face a fear that makes me cry for three days out of the year.  I think glasses are *pretty.* If you have nice glasses, these usually ACCENTUATE the eyes and make you prettier, imo.  Even if I wasn't afraid of the eye stuff, I wouldn't switch to contacts to make those three days any easier...
-People who freak out because you don't have a wig.  Not everyone thinks of cosplay as a very glamorous thing, and making my costumes from scratch (I tend not to buy skirts and stuff and edit them.  I buy patterns and edit those...) is expensive enough.  This year I might have to buy two (or three) different wigs.  Last year I had none; I'm not going to buy a wig for brown hair worn straight down for a single day. 
-When people buy their costumes online without seeing them beforehand.  Again and again.  Lol they really, really don't look that good. D8;; I did this, the costumes suck. 
-As a Phoenix Wright character... "Oh, I know you!  You're from the Boot to the Head video!!!!" "OVERRULED HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Seriously, there is more depth to the game (lol) than a friggin youtube video and a crappy meme.  OMG THERE IS A PLOT IN A LAWYER GAME I KNOW THIS IS DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND but you don't see the Phoenix Wright cosplayers going up to the Naruto cosplayers and yelling, "BELIEVE IT!" every.  Single.  Time.  One of them.  Walks.  By. 
-This is more of an otaku pet peeve.  Desu the meme is funny when you're aware of how stupid it is.  Ending your sentences with desu because da japanese ppl do it desu~ makes you sound like an idiot. 
-Overdone characters.  I'm sorry.  Please branch out, for the love of god, please.
-Otaku with no social graces.  Screaming in the park as looooooouuuuuud as you can?  Screaming anywhere in the con as loooooooooooouuuuuuuuud as you possibly can?  Not cool.  Yes, we get it, the game has been lost and omfg you love yaoi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111. 

(See, I cosplay for fun, not to impress anyone.  Getting pictures is a bonus, and even then very rare since I cosplay lesser-known characters.  From videogames.)

That being said...

-Really, really godawful thrown-together-with-no-thought cosplays.  Wow, that fabric was on sale?  I wonder why!  Wow, your prop was really cheap to make?  For some reason I'm not shocked.  Nor is anyone else.  ...so why are more people taking your picture than me?
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2008, 12:16:21 pm »

-OMG YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT EYE COLOR NANO DESUUUU~~~ No stfu no.  This goes again for contacts... I have a pants-wetting-type phobia of things going into my eyes.  Seriously, it TERRIFIES me.  Now, again, I'M ASIAN.  I have brown eyes.  I wear glasses.  I take my glasses off for pictures when people ASK, but I'm not going to wander the whole con blindly or face a fear that makes me cry for three days out of the year.  I think glasses are *pretty.* If you have nice glasses, these usually ACCENTUATE the eyes and make you prettier, imo.  Even if I wasn't afraid of the eye stuff, I wouldn't switch to contacts to make those three days any easier...

I don't think you should have to get contacts just for three days but, in cosplay you are trying to look like the character you are portraying and I think if you wear glasses you should take them off for all pictures regardless if they ask you to or not. Just like you should hide your badge in all pictures (that is if you remember, I forget a lot)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:16:46 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2008, 01:52:28 pm »
Cosplays made out of obviously cheap material bug me. Cosplay to me is sort of an investment of time and money. I did a cheap, last minute cosplay once which just was gathering items from Goodwill. It was embarrassing and not something I'm proud of. XD;; I think that's why I try my hardest with my cosplays, whether the results are good or not.

As for boobs, I didn't bind when I was Davy Jones and people still thought I was a guy XD;; I bound for Link, and I'm glad I did. Even a little boobie shows under one shirt or layer. I think binding is just one of those things that, to get a really good costume going, you've got to. It's a little disappointing for me when someone has obviously put effort in their costume, but their boobies get in the way of it being "Omg, I totally thought you were him". It sucks and it hurts sometimes, but I think the effect is worth it.

Dude, otaku with no social graces or do the "desu", "kawaii", etc. thing only drive me nuts. I used to do it when I was fifteen, so I can't fully rag on people, but I'm sorry, it's not cute and it doesn't make you cute for saying that stuff constantly.

I'm still twitchy about SnJ cosplays myself. The example given above is very good! I like that, but the majority of the ones I see around bother me.

And, I'm sorry, The Game just flat out annoys me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 01:54:23 pm by lychee-twist »
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2008, 02:47:43 pm »
Wellll, this is going to piss off all of you, I just know it. 8D;;;

(See, I cosplay for fun, not to impress anyone.  Getting pictures is a bonus, and even then very rare since I cosplay lesser-known characters.  From videogames.)

That being said...

Oh god,. you've opened a can of rants worms.

SIZE

I have somehow become " THE Renji."
( It's tiring. I've tried to 'branch out' but people yell at me when I do  ;_; )
 Now Renji is like 6'4. I am 5'3.
 I guess if your good enough at being the character, no one cares.

BOOBAGE

I do hate being so flat, but only becuase I have big shoulders and I think it makes me look like a man. Other than that, I'm cool with it.
Alll of my friends have  ginormous bewbage and they have all been so very jelous of mine because my back doesn't hurt. I stand up perfectly straight ( something they apparently CANT do) and it is much easier and far less painfull to crossplay.

EYES
 Yea it's cool. to have the rigth eye color, especially if it is bizzare but is soo NOT a must.
 I would LIKE to have red contacts because  I haver done Renji at everycon for the past two years and all that's left is to improve it a little each time. But my eyes are VERY sensitive and contacts would hurt like hell.
Now some people who LIVE for cosplay would say I'm being a pussy or w/e but no, it isn't worth it. My eyes hurt enough as it is.

WIGS

I HATE LOATH ABHOAR, DETEST, DAI KIRAI DA, NO MEGUSTA wigs.
1) They creep me out.
2) they tangle
3) I am covered in sticky fake blood the majority of the time. That is NOT good for wigs.
4) They ITCH.
5) I always hate to adjust it so you can't my hair
6) they creep me out
7) they tangle
8) they take up space
9) they creep me out
10) they can be very expesive
11) styling them >_<
12) they creep me out

I just kept dying it bright-freakin red.Then I wanted to other cosplays. Most of which have black hair. I also have been told I look very good with black hair.
Then for a parade I had to dye it brigth **** red from all-encompasing-darkness. I had to Bleach it three times and it RUINED my hair. Switching from red to bl;ack is TOO much of a pain in the ass so from now on, as painfull as it is I'll jsut have to use a mother f-ing wig.

PW

I have never seen the youtibe video. But if it's anything like M-Fing leek spin, then I feel your rage.
And yes, having soemone yell 'OBJECTION!" at me every 2 seconds in my Edgeworht costume is NOT FUNNY. Anymore I just respond with  "SHTFU!  It's my day off and I don't want to hear that sh-!"

"DESU"

This 'I speak japanese' in General pisses me off. First of all when I DO speack Japaense I end sentances with 'Da' It's funny because of the idiots who think they know Japense don't understand it all.
A while ago some girl was going off an elitist speech about how " I HATE it when people mis pronounce japanese words"
(Coming form a girl who says " Guren LaGAN" or "YaCHIru" )

So I decided to test her and said " I know like people are all 'OMG PAW-ky" Just as I thought she replied " Yea! I love PAW-ky!"
( note: it's POH-ky read the damned box)

OVERDONE CHARACTERS

This one is a double bladed sword.
  Overdoen characters liek Ichigo, Inuyahsa and Ed are annoying becuase few of them TRY. It's the generic " I don't know any characters or have money to do it right'-costumes.
 But if they do it right then hey, more power to them!
 What I diloike even more, are people who hate ALL overdone cosplayers even the extradorniary well doen costumes.
 It's unfortuante, there are some really awesoem characters who are unfortunatly in shows that are destroyed by their own fanbase, doens't mean the character or EVERYONE who cosplay them suck ass.

YOAI FANGIRLS

Hell, I love yaoi. yet I do not feel the need to scream it at the top of my lungs every five minutes.
   Nor do I feel it nessecary to use it as 'shock value'. I'm sorry but, liking yaoi does not make you "OMG craaazy' or "hardcore".
 Straight females generally like males. Not females. So two guys v guy/girl is obviously going to more appealing, now isn't it?
   The horrible irony to this, is that you get much less of this mind-numbing behavior form the 18+ crowd ( so I've been told by Yaoicon goers) soo the ones making US look bad are minors, who legally shouldn't be seeing it at all. Thanks alot. >_<

"SOCIALLY INEPT'

I have a hard time making good friends at a con becasue I consider myself somewhere between 'nerd' and 'normal'.
 I like anime and videogames. I also likE to go to bars and play pool with friends.

I know a lot of people who are COPLETE neards and terrified of as they say 'normals' and think alcohol is OMG yucky"

I also know some people who like to play pool, be social ect
But most of them only go to cons for the rave Happy Family Disney Parties and maybe dress up as some non anime-meme costume and want nothing to do with videogames ( cept fighters and 1stperson shooters)

To be honest, a lot of the first-mentioned otaku are just soo Mither F-ing immature.
 I don't get it. Yes, you CAN infact 'grow up' and still like anime. Please do so.

SCREAMING IN PUBLIC/BEING TOO IC ALL THE TIME

The most annoying of this are the Ed cosplayers who INSIST on screaming at the top of theire lungs IN Japanese that they arent short or w/e.
It stops being funny after the first 5 million times.

The first chess game we had an Ed. The first time she did it, yea okay it was kind of cute. But she must have done it ooh..20 more times. God I wanted her to STFU soo badly.

Just one more to add.

ICHI-TARDS!!! MUTHER F-IONG ICHI-TARDS!!

At this years Chess game pre-meet was an Ichi-tard
He was holding a 'materia' ( a large, very dense 'orb')  I said " heh maybe you can throw that at the enemy"
 He replied, in a very " OMG are you stupid-tone"  'Uum no. This thing is SOLID rock. If I threw it, it could kill soemone-"

He continued to go on and on, not even noticing that I had tuned him out and my friend and I were staring at eachother like " WTF is wrong with this moron?"

I chalk it up to him beign an Ichi-tard of the first degree thus taking himself FAR too seriously because of coarse he is the REAL Ichigo and thus god. ( Just one of many similar experiances)

To Ichi-tards,
 YOU ARE NOT ICHIGO!
 STOP TAKING YOURSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY.
 STOP PICTURE-WHORING.
 STOP TRYING TO SHOW EVEYRONE ELSE UP.
  STOP YOUR GO**AMNED PREACHING ON WHY ICHIGO IS THE BEST AND EVERYONE   ELSE IS A BIG MEANY.
 AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SHOWING OFF YOU COOKIE CUTTER-OVERSIZED  STEAK KNIFE THAT IS TOTALLY COOLER THAN THE MILLIONS OF OTHERS  JUST LIKE IT!
OH, BUT YOU CAN ACTUALLY SWING IT AROUND?
GUESS WHAT, I CAN ACTUALLY BREAK IT!

Ehehe..that was fun. Now onto mid terms which I was supposed to have been doing. ^^
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:45:13 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2008, 03:20:07 pm »
I think that age is another pet peeve of mine. I get really excited when I am in a con setting but I still act mature....to others, maybe not to my friends >_>

So I completely understand where you are coming from when you complain about others being immature. Though keep in mind that we were once like that (it's hard to notice the changes we have made ourselves but it is obvious to others, we as people don't like to accept the fact that we have changed even if it is a change for the good)

I am between nerd and normal as well. I love to watch anime and cosplay but I LOVE LOVE LOVE to shop for clothes and get my hair done and put on make up and stare at hot guys *drool*

But yeah the majority of what you said applies to me too.....except the wig part. A nice wig looks good and is comfortable. I have two that I like very very much ^_^

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2008, 04:58:08 pm »
Don't forget naROOto or KaKAHshi

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2008, 07:43:36 pm »
I don't really have MANY issies with people pronouncing names wrong, since nobody really knows exactly how its pronounced unless the hear it by a person who speaks japanese...but come one...some are just obvious.....
there's theis girl [which I swear is a perfect example of a narutard, OMG yaoi, sasuke is smexy fangirl]
and she pronounces deidara from naruto "DIEdara", and Kyouya and Kaoru from Ouran Highschool Host club "KyoUYA" and "KaORU" when theye are actually pronounced like "key-oh-yuh" and "cow-ru"
god it drives me insane since she only pronounces the names of my favorite characters incorrectly.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2008, 08:35:21 pm »
I get a little peeved also about eyes unless the characters have a crazy color like purple or gold. you can get contacts but I understand it's hard but if its a basic color like blue or brown I want to go with the character with blue eyes.

and cheap is what I do. but I make it look really well made. I do put time into it but I'm poor/broke so I can't go all out. I work with what I got. :/
da/tumblr

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2008, 08:43:46 pm »
and cheap is what I do. but I make it look really well made. I do put time into it but I'm poor/broke so I can't go all out. I work with what I got. :/

xD Me too.
My Shiki only costed me about 30...but people still loved it.
some people just can't afford much but sometimes people create something really good for so littler. :D
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2008, 08:54:35 pm »
Yeah I need prescription ones and I do want to get them for Albel (seeing how I am not paying for a hotel I might spend the money to get them). So instead of getting two for about $30 I have to pay $80 or more for red contacts.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2008, 10:44:39 pm »
Contacts: sometimes finding coloured ones in your prescription strength can be problematic -- I don't have that issue, but have friends whose 'scrips are so strong they can barely even WEAR contacts.  My problem is that I'd need to get torics (I think), which would ramp the price up A LOT, and I had to go through about six different types of contact lenses to even FIND ones that I didn't blink out or have to remove due to irritation, so ... I'm not really willing to shell out thirty bucks (assuming I could wear non-toric coloured lenses) for something that might not even work.

Cheap fabrics: I admit readily to being a fabric snob.  Spot a cheap fabric at fifty yards!  (Besides, you can find 'good' stuff for cheap if you're patient and willing to look -- or at least cheaper.)

Binding: ehehehe.  There's a reason I mostly gave up crossplay after my first attempt.  Too much bust for it to cooperate just yet.  One of these days, I may figure it out, but for now I like breathing (and yet I wear a corset with most of my cosplays ...).

SNJ: scares and/or annoys me, depending on what it is.  I find it kind of trite and dull, and it always seems attention-whorey (whether that's intended or not).  Plus, the term seems to have departed from the original anime definition -- if it hadn't, there'd be a lot more clouds and a lot less clothes. ;P

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2008, 01:52:13 pm »
Nichole you can get red ones at that flea market I was telling you about for 50$!
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2008, 05:04:07 pm »
Nichole you can get red ones at that flea market I was telling you about for 50$!

Yeah I need to go there some time. I think before I go though I should get an updated version of my prescription to use seeing how it is getting a little difficult to see things again.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2008, 08:52:17 pm »
OH! I forgot to mention on the "yaoi" thing. A huge pet peeve of mine is that 90% of yaoi fangirls can't even pronounce the word. It's not "yeahwee". It's "yah-oh-ee". The "ya" part is soft. Go into a smooth transition to the "o", then softly continue into the "i". There's no "w" in "yaoi". ^^; Sorry. That's probably something I might offend people on, but I mean well.

My friends and I kind of cringe whenever we hear a group of girls yelling "YEAHWEE!!!" at the top of their lungs. I think that also goes back to social graces, too.

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2008, 08:54:43 pm »
@Lychee:
I say yah-oh-ee cuz for some reason Im to retarted to pronounce it right and I cant say my O's right is that what you hate or no? -.- (funky british acsent in my O's for some reason)
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2008, 09:04:03 pm »
If you say "ya-oh-ee" (not broken up, but smoothly), that is the correct pronunciation. Three years of Japanese for me personally, four years for... two of my friends, and five for another one all agree that. It's more the "w" that people add in that irritates us. Seriously, though, we'll think about it for 30 seconds unless something for whatever reason is particularly bad.

It's hard to spell out pronunciation. All the sounds should be "soft". Not like if Americans were to pronounce the letter "O". It's more like the disappointed or just found out something "oh".

Why would we hate something over that, too? It's not the worst thing in the world XD;;
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:04:34 pm by lychee-twist »

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2008, 09:11:18 pm »
So far no one can pronounce it right (people Ive ever talked to I mean)

Well maybe after spending more time with people that know how to pronounce Yaoi I might be able to say it some what correctly and get rid of weird british acsent >_>

lawl idk >.<
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]