Author Topic: Metal Slug Cosplay 2009  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Metal Slug Cosplay 2009
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:11:09 pm »
Metal Slug, probably one of the best side scrolling shooters to have ever graced arcades and consoles alike.
But you don't see many people cosplaying as characters from this series, which kind of surprises me. So after Kumoricon ended, actually, probably on the second day of Kumoricon, I was trying to figure out what I was going to cosplay as for next year. And then after purchasing a replica Colt .45 airsoft gun from a vendor, it came to me. I decided that I was going to cosplay as Marco, the main character from the Metal Slug series.

But not too long after Kumoricon, I realised that if I was going to cosplay as Marco, I would need other people to cosplay as some of the other characters from the Metal Slug games. Because if I was the only person cosplaying as a character from Metal Slug, people might realise who I'm cosplaying as (Metal Slug is popular, but not THAT popular). But if there were people cosplaying as Tarma, Fio, Eri, General Morden, or even his henchmen, it would be just plain awsome.

So, is anyone planing on, or interested in cosplaying as a character from Metal Slug? Or am I doing this on my own? Because we might be able to help each other out with our cosplays. Like getting prop guns for instance.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:12:58 pm by Teasel »
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Re: ** Metal Slug Cosplay 2009 **
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 07:40:01 pm »
Slight change of plans. I probably wont be cosplaying as Marco. http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revolution/image/article/704/704020/snk-slugs-wii-20060501030109600-000.jpg
Instead I'll probably be cosplaying as Tarma (aka player 2 for the original Metal Slug).
http://mx.geocities.com/trevor_cassel/tarma_ms5.gif
Tarma will be easier for me to cosplay as. I don't need to bleach my hair or buy a wig (which I would have to if I was cosplaying as Marco), and I already have the pilot shades.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:40:28 pm by Teasel »
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Re: ** Metal Slug Cosplay 2009 **
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:38:35 am »
Has there EVER been a Metal Slug cosplay group at kumoricon? I doubt anyone could remember.
But to my knowledge, no one has done this before. And if we get a big enough group, this could be pretty awsome.