Author Topic: You might be a nerd/geek if...  (Read 80865 times)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
Re: You might be a nerd/geek if...
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 05:27:38 pm »
You might be a nerd if you actually care who'd win between pirates & ninjas.

Guilty.
*mutters something about how cool ninjas are under her breath*
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 10:41:30 pm »
If you know what GROK means, you ARE a NERD/GEEK!

For those of us who want to affirm are Geekiness.  The definition of the word Grok:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok

And yes, I have read Stranger in a Strange Land, but the "I Grok Spock" reference was a new one for me.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:42:03 pm by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2008, 11:04:53 pm »
fight over the last stick of pocky

China bound!!!

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2008, 11:21:27 pm »
^ I do that.

You might be a nerd/geek if you saw a trekkie at K-Con and said, "Hey, he's at the wrong convention."
I miss 2010.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2008, 11:50:11 pm »
You might be a geek if you recognize over half of what the people around you are cosplaying as at an anime convention.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 07:43:00 am »
You might be a geek/nerd if you get annoyed at every little tiny detail on someone else's cosplay.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:43:14 am by DemonSpawn »
I miss 2010.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 08:38:34 am »
You may be a geek if you try to have the last post in every thread in the forums.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 04:39:05 pm »
You might be a nerd if you actually care who'd win between pirates & ninjas.

Guilty.
*mutters something about how cool ninjas are under her breath*

I like you.

If you've ever uttered the phrase, "I want a Gir," you are a nerd/geek.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 05:50:42 pm »
But gir is so cool! I'm wearing him on a shirt right now.
I miss 2010.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2008, 01:08:49 am »
**Major loves to Meg-Chan for that immortal scene**
Guilty, I use 'grok' all the time.
You might be a geek if you get out of bed in the middle of the night because you just dreamt something you really want to post on KC forums and don't want to risk forgetting it!
*guilty*
You might be a geek if you *have actually been in the middle of a pirates vs. ninjas LARP*, because you've LARPd being a pirate in the SCA on & off for nearly a decade (way before the Caribbean movies), & your (now-ex) boyfriend organized a ninja raid on one of the principalities' camps......yeah that happened. (2002).
You might be an old-school geek if whenever you meet someone named Joshua, you smile, as that's the password to the WOPR in War Games. Ditto if you think of War Games every time there's a Whopper commercial on TV or you drive past a Burger King. Ditto if you randomly a couple times a year imitate a computer voice saying 'Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?' or 'Greetings, Professor Falken.' Uh, yeah. Guilty all the way around. Ditto again when I saw Matthew Broderick in a bit part at Homeland Security on 30 Rock & thought of that as being like the Treasury Dept. hiring the guy diCaprio played in Catch Me if You Can.

You might be from a family of geeks if the most coveted Chanukah presents are generally books of movie and TV trivia.--Just mailed some to my aunts & uncles in their 50s-60s.

You might be an old-school geek if you still have some trading cards from 1977-9 (mine include Star Wars, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Charlie's Angels, and Grease).

You might be a geek if the present you gave someone for giving the keynote speech in your fanfic room was a handful of Buffy collectible cards (that would be me to Professor Toni Levi, PhD).....

You might be a geek if you would have more fun staying up all night writing in this thread than going to sleep.....guilty again.

You might be a geek if you took so long having fun writing in this thread that the system logged you out, but since you've lost data before you'd already copied the text & were able to post as soon as you logged back in! (guilty again and on that note, sweet dreams)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2008, 08:59:41 am »
You might be a geek of you think love songs dealing with Mario Cart are romantic.
If you could see me, you would see the hearts coming of of my eyes!! WAAA!!! <3 <3 <3!!!!
Patrick <3! You are awesome!! ^^
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:21:03 pm by NightLotus »

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2008, 12:13:31 pm »
You might be a nerd if you can have complete conversations that is only made up of Simpsons quotes (Futurama, Family Guy, etc)
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2008, 12:28:44 pm »
You might be a nerd if you can have complete conversations that is only made up of Simpsons quotes (Futurama, Family Guy, etc)

Kittens give Morbo gas!
You might be a nerd/geek if you laugh at the quantum physics jokes in Futurama.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2008, 12:53:19 pm »
You might be a geek of you think love songs dealing with Mario Cart are romantic.
Went and watched the video after NightLotus's post.  Kawaii.

Reminded me of something:

You might be a nerd/geek if you played theme music from an animated film at your wedding.
(guilty)

Interesting story, when The Secret of NIMH was released in 1982, my wife (then girlfriend) and I saw it at the drive-in 3 times.  We liked the film so much that I decided to record the soundtrack.  Since drive-ins broadcast the audio over the radio I just took in a portable radio and tape deck combo and recorded the audio to cassette.  Three years later we were trying to decide on what to play at our wedding and pulled the tapes out.  We ended up using Flying Dreams because we both loved the scene of Jeremy and his female crow flying off into the sunset.  Here is a YouTube clip of the song used in a Final Fantasy AMV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZScnq2ziKLU

Fond memories.  :D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2008, 05:33:02 pm »
You might be a nerd/geek if someone says dark matter in a sentence, and you bust out laughing.

You are a nerd/geek if 42 is the answer you've been looking for.

You're a nerd/geek if you always carry a towel, and never panic.

You're a nerd/geek if after having reached adulthood point your finger and go puh-too ( or whatever you consider onomotopeiac) instead of bang.

You;'re a nerd/ geek if you know what onomotopeai means.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2008, 05:49:33 pm »
You;'re a nerd/ geek if you know what onomotopeai means.
nuh-uh!!!! >_>

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2008, 09:03:27 am »
You might be a geek if you were in your high school's marching band.

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2008, 10:19:00 am »
You might be a geek if you write haiku's about keyboards...

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=4367.2853

You might be a geek if you write haiku about Star Wars pairings >____> (and love being like the Sarlaac Pit)
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2008, 10:57:43 am »
You might be a geek if you were in your high school's marching band.

Yes indeed. Clarinet. Even went on the field trip for the band to play in New Orleans, right before Mardi Gras. *sly grin* We got kinda decadent....

And again major props for these posts...I love Wuntvor's romantic story, would enjoy reading the aforementioned haiku's by Patrick & Megchan, love Tron (did you note the poster of Tron in Chuck's bedroom on this week's ep, featuring Bruce Boxleitner, who was in Tron??), use onomatopoei all the time (in fact have friends whose band name is Onomatopoeia!)....and wow, naming a computer Joshua....can you set it to play itself in Tic-Tac-Toe and watch it learn? :)
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2008, 11:20:32 am »
You might be a geek if you write haiku about Star Wars pairings >____> (and love being like the Sarlaac Pit)

Your heart is a trap
I'm Lando Calrissian
I love you Ackbar

I AM A GOLD DROID
I LOVE YOU, R2-D2
BWOOP BEEP BWOOP BWOO BWERR

Lando Falls in love.
Love is just a monstrous pit.
It's the Sarlaac Pit.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2008, 11:23:11 am »
*swoons*
New contest for next I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookie panel? :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2008, 04:00:41 pm »
You might be a geek if:
--you think Masi Oka is the sexiest person on Heroes.
(guilty).
--you think the coolest thing about Masi Oka is that he used to work at Industrial Life and Magic
(guilty).
--you automatically know that means he worked for a George Lucas project
(guilty).

You might be an old-school geek if:
You actually remember, and probably still have at your parents' house, the Time Magazine with Masi Oka on the cover, on the theme of Asian-American Whiz Kids.
Guilty--my parents subscribed to Time; my high school was featured in one of its cover stories around the same time; and my town and school were nearly 1/3 Asian 1st or 2nd generation (and close to 2/3 Jewish, including many new immigrants as well).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2008, 09:17:35 pm »
You might be a nerd/geek if...
you keep thinking up so many of these that you end up double-posting
*ahem*
--you read the H.R.G. files and Beamin' Beemin religiously for Heroes spoilers.

You might be a soap opera nerd if...
--you were already a fan of Heroes' Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) from Judging Amy.
--you were already a fan of Heroes' Milo Ventiglimia (spelling? -- Peter) from Gilmore Girls.
Yep, and yep.
--you were already a fan of Supernatural's Jared Padeleki from Gilmore Girls.
--you frequently goof up which brother is Dean and which is Sam on Supernatural because Jared (Sam) played a character named Dean on Gilmore Girls.
--you were already a fan of Supernatural's Jensen Ackles from Smallville and (much more so) Dark Angel.
Yep, yep, yep.

You might be an old school soap opera nerd if...
--you were already a fan of Heroes' Jack Coleman (HRG) from Dynasty.
(Yep; his character was notoriously bi, at a time that that actually was daring for the network.)
--you were already a fan of Jensen Ackles from when he was Eric Brady on Days of Our Lives.
(Guilty--sort of. I watched him avidly, but at the time, his eyes kept shifting back & forth so frequently that I found it distracting; and his character was boring.)
--you started watching Buffy in part because you'd loved to hate scheming Kendall Hart (later Kendall Lang) on All My Children.
(Totally. Thank you, AMC, for leading me to my true love of all media: The Whedonverse.)

Speaking of the Whedonverse:
You might be an old school nerd if you first fell in love with Adam Baldmwin not from Chuck, not from Serenity, not even from Firefly, not even from Angel--but from My Bodyguard......sigh :0

Speaking of My Bodyguard:
(The following will be spoilerific for both My Bodyguard and Heroes):

You might be a bit too much of a nerdy conspiracy theorist if you wonder if there's a link between My Bodyguard and Heroes, in that Baldwin's character (who is reputed to be a terror and looks quite imposing, but is protective at heart and in practice) is named Linderman (see episode "Villians" aired 11/10/08).

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:23:37 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2008, 09:52:07 pm »
You might be a nerd/geek if you'll argue the point that AMC's finest work to come out was Mad Men!!! ;)
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2008, 11:59:47 am »
You might be a nerd/geek if you can find editing flaws in the original Star Wars movie.  (I kinda don't count in this one, because the first time I watched it, another guy pointed out about 6 or so before I had the chance to find them myself).

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2008, 05:32:05 am »
You might be a nerd if the highlight of your week is a new hard drive.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2008, 11:05:17 am »
You might be a nerd/geek if you'll argue the point that AMC's finest work to come out was Mad Men!!! ;)

OMG Mad Men is spectacular!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2008, 12:10:43 pm »

OMG Mad Men is spectacular!!

Okay with 2 such strong endorsements, I've gotta see it! *hopes it's online somewhere*

You might be a geek if, when you see an add for the Mamma Mia! sing-along at your local theater, you (a) are fully ready to participate, having already been singing at home for weeks; (b) were already fully ready to sing along and add your own feedback to the screen, and did so, because you grew up with Rocky Horror Picture Show and Mystery Science Theater; (c) can't help but giggle remembering Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog; (d) remember that you printed out the lyrics to Dr. Horrible's to be able to sing along next time you have free time on Hulu....and (e) that would be sorta the 'social' highlight of your week, when you got to tell your online and phone friends about it.
Yeah....I'm like that! ....I have a great boyfriend; he's just not into most media.....

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2008, 04:25:49 pm »
^ You might be a nerd/geek if you can sing the original Pokemon theme song.
^ If you can ALSO sing the original Japanese version, then you are most definately a nerd/geek.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2008, 05:25:24 pm »
^ Guilty

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2008, 05:53:55 pm »
^ You might be a nerd/geek if you've been teaching the Haruhi dance whom have never seen the show before.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2008, 08:26:46 pm »
^ AWESOME!!!

You might be a nerd/geek if you've been working on a scrpit idea for a movie based off of an old childhood TV show or game that's never been made yet.  (*couch* Carmen Sandiego).

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2008, 09:16:10 pm »
+ You might be a geek if your hobby includes remixing JPop songs with The Bloodhound Gang...
<3
awesome ^^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2008, 10:15:03 am »
You might be a geek if you are seriously considering going through the hoops to become able to vote for People's Choice awards, just to support Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog for "Best Internet Sensation".  ;D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:52 pm »
^ You might be a nerd/geek if you want to see a pro-wrestler who's gimmick is a cosplaying otaku; new cosplay every match!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2008, 04:46:38 pm »
if you think you are so punny!

It's snot punny!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2008, 05:44:48 pm »
If you've argued about which is better, Star Wars or Star Trek, you might be a nerd/geek.

If you said Star Trek, then you're right.

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2008, 05:52:35 pm »
If you know how to spell the longest wod in the english language!

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2008, 06:01:37 pm »
if you can correct someone on something really intelligent that has no importance to it what so ever.
(might not be an actual reason but I had to post it)
@tankou
Wrong! the longest word in the English language is 1185 letters and it's a protein. :/

the actual longest word is 189,819 but its not in the dictionary. it is also a protein which means it's still a word. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2008, 06:03:30 pm »
If you post in here, then YOU ARE A NERD/GEEK!!!

I WIN!!!  I think...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2008, 10:02:08 am »
If you have over five different types of video game consoles in your home and play them all, then you might be a nerd/geek.

If you can quote an entire Star Wars or Star Trek movie from memory, you might be a nerd/geek.

If you can solve a rubix cube in under a minute, you might be a nerd/geek.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2008, 10:15:59 am »
If you correct people who are quoting Star Wars or Star Trek, you might be a nerd/geek

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2008, 10:25:01 am »
If you can name the main characters in each of the Star Trek series, and give the names of the actors who played them, you might be a nerd/geek.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2008, 12:59:58 pm »
You might be a nerd/geek if you have a copy of a script from Third Rock from the Sun, especially if you actually went to see John Lithgow perform in person.
(guilty x 2)

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2008, 03:17:12 pm »
You might be a geek (or an idiot) is you have ever jumped off a house with a chicken held above your head.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2008, 05:16:02 pm »
You might be a geek (or an idiot) is you have ever jumped off a house with a chicken held above your head.
I was 7! AND IT WAS A LARGE AND POWERFUL CHICKEN!! I THINK I DID FLY!! ;;;>_>

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2008, 05:17:28 pm »
Pfft! ~laughing all over the floor~ LAWL!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2008, 07:16:02 pm »
- You might be a nerd/geek if you loan your friends your copy of Star Trek:TNG on DVD

You might also be a nerd/geek if you ask your friend to borrow his/her copy of Star Trek: TNG on DVD.

You might be a be a nerd/geek if a show/movie features an android that "dies" and it makes you cry.

Offline Sporty_Otaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2008, 09:30:19 pm »
data dying was stupid

i hope the only reason they did that was cause the actor was getting old
don't expect to hear too much from me

just wanted to drop in and say hi

hi

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2008, 09:34:36 pm »
@Sporty - That was one of the reasons, yes, but it was also because (from what I understand) they wanted a way to guarantee no more TNG movies.

@Mustash - That wasn't the moment I was specifically refering to.  I meant in the episode where Data builds a daughter, Lal.  I've seen that episode 4 or 5 times before, but for some reason, this time it made me cry when she "passed away."

If you dream of having a robot wife, you might be a nerd/geek.