Author Topic: Some things I wanted to express  (Read 3039 times)

u3759

Some things I wanted to express
« on: December 09, 2008, 12:43:39 am »
I feel like my head is about to explode. It's really hard to not scream out what I want to say. So this is not really directed toward anyone at all, just to some people around me, I guess. (although some might be directed. . .)
---
1) Just because I say that I don't want to go with your idea or I say I don't like your opinion, doesn't mean it isn't good or I don't agree with you. It's just that I think there could be a better one out there. IT'S ANNOYING. REALLY. Some people can be slightly picky. Maybe I'm just one of them. Let me be.

2) STOP TREATING PEOPLE LIKE CRAP. JUST STOP IT. Saying "I don't care", "PSH WHATEVER", or just giving a straight flat out, rude answer can affect people's feelings more than you think. Saying "MOVE IT YOU'RE IN MY EFFING WAY" or "Um, EXCUSE ME! I was here first" kills me a bit on the inside. Bossy people are annoying. Peroid.

3) PLEASE. STOP. IGNORING. ME. Everytime I try to talk to you, you end up not saying anything or make an excuse why. If you really don't want me to talk to you, you can say something and maybe I'll understand. Maybe.

4) . . .You're a little high. Being enthusiastic is fine with me, but being LOUD AND OBNOIXIOUS AND GETTING TOO CLOSE AND PERSONAL scares me. It makes me want to stay away from you.

5) I know you're smart and get straight A's and all that shiz, but please, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING. You look down on people and make them feel bad, and you call people FAT WHEN THEY'RE SKINNY AS A RAIL. You make them feel bad about their hobbies and what they like to do. You say I fail at tennis and sewing and that you can beat me anytime. I'm not even that close to you, you're just my friend's sibling. It makes me feel really bad. You made me cry once. You made me cry many times. You sat on my freaking keyblade and broke it and didn't even care. A small sorry would be enough for me. STOP MAKING PEOPLE FEEL BAD. IT'S ANNOYING AND FREAKING RUDE.

6) . . .Please. Just because you know everything about someone/something you really like, don't keep making run-on sentences about whatever that is. I asked you a question. Answer it. Just don't add so many details that it kills me just to hear you talk.
---
End of rant. Gawd, it felt so good to let that all out.
I don't want anyone to think that this is directed towards them. This is mostly for people who don't even go to Kumori.
I don't know if I will get scolded at for posting this here. But gawd, it felt REALLY REALLY GOOD to let all that out. I've been keeping it in me for some time now.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:04:47 am by TanisNikana »

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Re: Some things I wanted to express,
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:02:55 am »
Venting is a good thing.  :D
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Re: Some things I wanted to express
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:06:03 am »
I agree with number two and number four. Oh god, the people baked up on number four need to chill. And number three applies to me as well, though certainly not on the forums. I get ignored plenty in real life.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 01:09:02 am »
...That expressed a lot of things I was thinking, you just said it. ^^;; I think I can tell which is directed to me, and I'll try my best to fix it~

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 01:12:57 am »
...That expressed a lot of things I was thinking, you just said it. ^^;; I think I can tell which is directed to me, and I'll try my best to fix it~

o.o None are, notrly.

#6 is actually directed to someone I've been with all my life xD I don't think she would be offenced by it too much.
XD Yeah, but I feel bad because I always have like 20 conversations on MSN and can never/don't reply to you. >:

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 03:26:32 am »
You look down on people and make them feel bad, and you call people FAT WHEN THEY'RE SKINNY AS A RAIL.

I hear this at cons a lot. It makes me worry that there are a lot of anorexic cosplayers.

Back in year 2 I remember seeing a girl with proportions slightly more "generous" than average, wearing an SCA/ren faire style dress, probably because she wanted to dress up for fun and didn't have an anime cosplay. And geez, there were a bunch of skinny teenagers looking at her like she was a freak show... which isn't at all fair considering the sort of crazy crap we cosplayers deign to wear. ::)

The dress actually looked very good on her and she'd be quite at home in the SCA. Medieval dresses (and also kilts) look great on plus sizes, and we can't all be as skinny as anime characters.

So anyway, don't obsess for minutes on end about the weight of other cosplayers. It's just mean, and quite frankly, hurts your OWN self image. Especially since most skinny American teenagers will find themselves gaining a lot of weight after they turn 20 or 25, anyway...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:31:03 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 04:32:05 am »
I agree with Radien and Dana,  people in general are their own worst critics.  It is not constructive to give unwanted negative input.

As for Dana's post.  It would make good lyrics for a song :D   But seriously, I hope the right people hear it and realize that being cruel, brash and selfish is not alright.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 06:44:59 am »
I'm glad you feel better after this. I love to vent, only when I'm horribly stressed though. these are pretty nasty things your mad about as well. I'm sorry and I hope the people change....well at least a little. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 06:58:35 am »
@Dana
*throws pocky*

being ignored is very annoying.   its my pet peeve.  I suspect I'm a very easily forgotten person.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 07:32:06 am »
My annoyance is that everything I do gets taken out of context with the people that are closest to me (excluding friends). Even my laugh has been deemed condescending (and that's according to my own family). T,T
Forget THAT.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 07:55:55 am »
@Maki
like when people are sometimes so easily offended?

I have mixed thoughts on that.  sometimes the offender went too far.  other times I feel offended that the other person is offended.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:56:08 am by Seraph »
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:35:42 am »
Thanks for this Dana... I have to agree with you an pretty much all of these. I'm glad someone decided to say this finally ^^

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 10:31:07 am »
Isn't it nice to get some things off your chest. Bottling them up is never a good thing and can lead to dangerous things. I'm happy you are feeling better and I hope whoever is giving you problems will read this ans change ;D

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 03:45:57 pm »
-scans-

Hmm...interesting. =o

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 03:47:37 pm »
In response to the question of "what did Tanis edit in the first post?", I nixed a stray comma in the title.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 07:50:49 pm »
Maybe you could make a Dana rants forum? I don't think anything was wrong with this one. Frankly at my age, most people just don't put up with that kind of crap at all, period. We take our toys and go home, or go play with someone else. Sometimes we are even brutally blunt about it too. Thankfully not always.

Let your needs be known.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 08:05:48 pm »
Or just a rant thread in general. I agree with Jaybug here...I tipically dont put up with it at my age. Flakey friends are flakey friends, and in my group of friends we openly say "your being a dumb butt..." then move on. lol. Bottleing stuff up is bad, but close minded friends can be just as bad too. LOL. Glad you got if off your chest!
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 11:25:36 pm »
I'm glad a lot of people agree with me and listen to what I have to say. I was almost worried ^_^;

@Seraph
*throws cupcakes*

If you had singled people out and said the same things in public, targeted at specific people, it would have been flaming in the worst way.

But the fact that you kept it anonymous and weren't specific enough for it to be flamebaiting... well, as a moderator, I read it and felt it was the good kind of venting. :)

*dodges stray cupcakes* ...Though I'm not sure about the projectile desserts... ???
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 11:26:17 pm »
Sorry Dana *hugs* I hope you feel better.
I miss 2010.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 11:39:13 pm »
Projectile desserts XDDD I love that!
I miss 2010.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 05:57:06 am »
Are the cupcakes so bad that they are only useful as projectile?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 07:45:47 am »
Psh. As far as anyone knows, they're Neko Pan.