Poll

Interested in Adult (Burlesque) Cosplay??

I am interested in PARTICIPATING in a skit in adult cosplay. I will be 18 years old or older at Kumoricon 2009.
I will NOT be 18 years old or older at Kumoricon 2009, but I would be interested in PARTICIPATING in a skit in adult cosplay at a later Kumoricon.
I am interested in WATCHING the adult cosplay skits. I will be 18 years old or older at Kumoricon 2009.
I will NOT be 18 years old or older at Kumoricon 2009, but I would be interested in WATCHING the adult cosplay skits at a later Kumoricon.
I am NOT interested in WATCHING or PARTICIPATING in Adult Cosplay.

Author Topic: Interested in Adult (Burlesque) Cosplay??  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Interested in Adult (Burlesque) Cosplay??
« on: December 13, 2008, 11:26:40 am »
The purpose of this poll is to determine the level of interest in holding an Adult (Burlesque) Cosplay competition at Kumoricon. The competition will be structured similar to regular cosplay, except it will be held in the late evening hours, restricted to 18 + (for both viewers AND participants), and allow more racy activity that the regular cosplay competition (which must remain <= PG-13).

Please be honest in your answer selections - note that each response includes a response for "I will not be 18 by Kumoricon 2009..." and "By Kumoricon 2009 I WILL be 18 or older..." because we may have to postpone the first instance of this competition to a later Kumoricon and would still need to have an idea of the level of interest of those who are no yet old enough to participate.

We haven't fully fleshed out the rules, however there are a few that we have already decided:
* Costumes and acts that are illegal in Oregon and/or illegal in Portland, and/or forbidden by the Hotel, and/or forbidden by decree of the Kumoricon board will NOT be tolerated. - So Pedo Bear is *BANNED* from Adult cosplay as well as from the rest of the convention.
* Smoking is prohibited in all convention areas.
* Entrants must abide by the Convention Weapons policy. All weapons must be peace bonded and approved. Pointing weapons at anyone not in your Cosplay group will NOT be tolerated. Cosplay Manager must approve any actions involving weapons.
* All convention policies must be upheld during the entirety of the Cosplay competition. Anyone breaking Kumoricon rules will be disqualified and reported to Ops.
* No fire, flame, smoke, fog, dry ice, wind machines, lasers, pressurized gases or liquids  (hotel rules & safet issue)
* No messy substances – wet, dry, or oily – in the green room or on stage. (hotel rules/ safety issue)
* No jumping on or off stage – please use the officially designated stage entrances and exits. Stage ninjas will be present to assist performers on and off stage.
* NO FULL NUDITY - implied nudity is OK (example: the "partial transformation Sailor Moon" - from a distance she looked nude (with a bit of sparkle and some wings...) but she was actually wearing a flesh colored body suit which covered the bikini area.)
* All decisions made by the Cosplay manager or programming director are final and may only be changed by a formal challenge though operations.
* No harassment, making fun of others’ costumes, or destruction of costumes.
* All entrants and attendees MUST be at least 18 years old and will be required to present official documentation proving that they are of age (just like all other adult-content events)

The Kumoricon Board will clarify the limits to how racy things will be allowed later. The above listed items likely will be added to.

Mini Q&A;
* Can we perform the same skit as in regular cosplay?
   YES - HOWEVER,the regular cosplay skit MUST MEET the PG-13 content restrictions; the Adult one does NOT have to exceed PG-13 (yup, you can do a G rated skit in the adult cosplay if you really want to...). You may choose to have two scripts, one "clean" version for regular cosplay and one with a bit of salty language for the adult version (and maybe racier versions of the costumes if you choose). Also, if the regualr cosplay version starred someone who is younger than 18 years old, that person will have to be replaced by someone who is older than 18 since minors will NOT be permitted to participate or attend the adult cosplay.

* Can we use profanity?
   Yes in Adult cosplay this will be allowed.

* Can I do pedo bear?
   NO! Pedo bear and anything else BANNED is still BANNED

* I'm 17 years 11 3/4 months old, I want to see adult cosplay
   SORRY, you MUST be 18 or older to attend or be in adult cosplay. You may attend once you have turned 18.

* I forgot my driver's license, but I'm 18 _really_
   SORRY, batting eyelashes and cuteness are NOT going to convince the Yojimbo at the door. You MUST show your ID, proving you're over 18 to attend. They even ask ME for my ID!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:54:02 pm by Runa »

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
Re: Interested in Adult (Burlesque) Cosplay??
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 06:37:49 pm »
Other things that would probably be allowed.

Panty shots, You could wear huge fake breasts/cod pieces for humor, Yaoi/Yuri would be ok (once again no full nudity lol), Inuendo/sexual humor would be accepted, Uncensored stand up comedy, I see a lot of humorous potential with this. Given that most anime has MANY elements that wouldnt be allowed in general cosplay, you could incorporate lots of those in an Adult Cosplay.

Feel free to throw Ideas around!
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 07:30:39 pm »
hmmm... despite the fact that I heard tons of complaints about "gee, cosplay is limited to PG-13", guess there really isn't all that much interest in a cosplay even that DOES allow > PG-13 acts. Who'd a thunk it?  :-\

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 07:35:07 pm »
Please remember that there are a lot of younger people that are most active on the forums. Maybe you could bring it up at a public meeting?
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 07:50:02 am »
I am aware that there are many younger folks.... that's why the poll included the "I'm < 18 years old..." prefix for responses - this way we find out if it's even worth considering in a few years.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 08:52:26 pm »
I would be up for this. I would be more interested in watching than anything else. It would be nice to have somewhere to go that is more mature during a con. Would this be an 18+ event?

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:00:58 pm »
Yup. 18+ only. I think its a great alternative to hentai viewings. If we could get people to participate
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 09:03:45 pm »
Good to know. Yeah if people didn't participate it wouldn't be as much fun, we'll just see how things go. I might be able to out but I have a little bit of stage fright :P

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 09:41:18 pm »
Some are considering cosplaying Repo! The Genetic Opera. Definitely some of the cosplay from that (particularly Amber Sweet) would be 18+ imho.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 09:42:34 pm »
Yeah I think that would be in my mind as well. It would be sweet if they did a skit of some sort XD Or even a song XDD

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 10:13:30 pm »
I'd participate.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 01:26:50 pm »
This sounds phunn :D
 It seems like something I would attend or participate in.
I like goats.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 08:46:10 pm »
does anyone have an example of things that will be going on. I understand it will be skits and what not but I am not too sure I fully get it. Is it just like normal stuff but more like R stuff than pg-13?

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 08:56:49 pm »
I'd imagine some similarities to what they do at rocky and other things.. and maybe not as rocky like in other ways *scarred*
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 08:59:53 pm »
I see. I still haven't seen that movie. x.x

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 09:03:32 pm »
no the movie. the place. you don't really watch the movie at the place you watch the "actors" and throw stuff.  and yell obscene stuff.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 09:15:28 pm »
well I will have to go some time XD

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 02:36:43 pm »
i think they are on break at the moment.... I know i am.. aside from my ex being on the cast last time i went some one i know was...lets say wearing too little of clothing and butt in face is not attractive..
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 02:37:31 pm »
I may go see it Halloween this year ;D

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 02:41:16 pm »
i will feel sorry for you when the time comes. Muwahahaha.... ::)

but i love the idea of group interaction stuff instead of...lets do adult skits and stuff.. best chest contest! whitest dance contest. i could keep going.. oh rocky how you've influenced me so.

(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 02:42:17 pm »
that sounds like it would be a lot fo fun. I would love to watch that XD

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 10:24:29 pm »
i think this has the potential to be really fun. especially if its on the lighter side of raunchy,  inuendo is always more amusing...kna wud i mean kna wud i mean?
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 11:14:00 am »
It seems like it could be fun, so long as people dont go too foolish with it. Do a test run this year, and see how many people show up. Would it be in the same place as the main skits(If it happens), or a smaller room?
Soul Eater: Soul (90%)
Metal Gear Solid1: Meryl(20%)
Guilty Gear: Sol(30%)
Baccano:Carol(85%)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 11:26:54 am »
It depends upon the expressed interest level (the point of this thread)...
If only a few state that they are interested in participating, then we won't be able to use the large room - if a lot express interest, then we can. The thing is that right now other events are scheduled in the larger spaces - and since they have greater interest ( based on the poll which only shows a few have voted on it) they get the bigger rooms.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 12:10:11 pm »
It might be a good idea to get a smaller room. It could be a little test like Hisuji said ^_^

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 06:50:43 pm »
might be good to schedule it for right after or right before another adult thing. like one of the hentai panels or something. combine the audience to some degree, the come for the ___ but stay for the ___ sort of thing.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 08:16:20 pm »
yeah that might be a good idea as well. If at all possible I wouldn't schedule it with another event that is very very popular.