Author Topic: Sewing ADD  (Read 1527 times)

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
Sewing ADD
« on: December 29, 2008, 12:29:45 pm »
anyone else have it major?
I currently have a suit i'm remaking and re-altering my masquerade dress to not flash people.....
and i have my Jam cosplay waiting to be finished
and i started the Top of my Seong Mi-Na as in i cut out the sleeve and coller type top.
plus i need to ad finishing touches to my friends Mist
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sewing ADD
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:50:14 pm »
I keep flipping between Valclav and Grave of Maria when I sew. It gets a bit annoying after a while.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 01:40:41 pm »
I do better working on several things at once because I get distracted by shiny things.  Also, the variety is probably better for my shoulders and spine, which like to develop gordian knots at the drop of a hat.

That said: right now, I am tunnel-vision single focus, trying to get Kaya's habit done so I can have it anime-styled wearable for ALA in ... three days?
But once the dust settles after that and I've recovered, it'll be a juggling act between finishing (and blinging) Kaya, redoing parts of my Unohana cosplay, and trying to get my doomed Risai done for Sakuracon.  Oh, and if there's time, touch-ups on my Miranda dress and starting the two Hagaren costumes I'm supposed to do for Fanime (Ed for my sister, Izumi for myself -- assuming I'm not dead sick of white twill by then).  That'll be more like it -- yay, variety!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »
I wish I had sewing machine that liked me. I'm so stuck right now. not sure what I should work on, where to begin. and then I'm worried that if I start on them I won't have time for anything else in my life. :/ the sewing machine I think would just make things go faster.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:07:38 pm »
What I do sew I have to do by hand.... and for some weird reason every time I sit down to work on my Soul Eater cosplay something swoops in to distract me.

I always think of some little thing I could be doing to research my Gurren Lagann cosplay, or I remember a sweater in the back of my mom's closet that maybe, just maybe can be altered for my Resident Evil cosplay.

These small breaks then turn into me not doing any sewing at all. Oh bother..... >_<

I swear one day I will get more than two stitches done on that skirt!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:10:10 pm by Dubaby »
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 02:43:56 pm »
lol.
yeah i've started the anchor just now from a May cosplay.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 05:31:07 pm »
You gotta sew by hand, Dubaby? X.X; That would be the end in itself for me, I'm terrible at hand sewing.

My sewing ADD is kinda like Dubaby's. I don't work on multiple projects at once, rather, when I stop sewing I get distracted by something else (computer, friends, napping...) and then a few days later look over at the sewing machine and go "Oh... should probably continue that. *40 minutes later* I'm hungry! *runs off and is gone for a week*". XD

Or, lately I've been unable to decide on what cosplay I want to do more. @_@; And what cosplays would be less costly. x_x; Then I get distracted on doing research for that. e_e;; (Financial research is depressing...)

Good luck on finishing your stuff for ALA, myalchod! ^_^
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???