Author Topic: What guests do you hope will be at Kumoricon this year?  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
What guests do you hope will be at Kumoricon this year?
« on: January 17, 2009, 04:16:03 pm »
I hope Kirk Tornton comes again this year.

Last year, I had a delema. My family and I couldn't attend all three days. We went on Saturday. It was our first con, so we were exhausted after the first two hours, so we went home early. Then here comes the delema. We had one more day to spend at Kumoricon, and we had to choose between Sunday or Monday.
Kirk Thornton's panel was on Sunday (I love his role in Fushigi Yūgi *Is a Fushigi Yūgi geek* he's my favorite voice actor) and I really wanted to go to that, but my little sister wanted to go to the BJD panel that was on Monday (She has two BJD's of her own).
Since my sis knows how to bribe me, she bribed me with pocky, and I gave in, so we ended up going on Monday, missing Kirk Thornton's panel. :(

I really wanna meet him, or at least get his autograph, so I'm crossing my fingers!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Re: What guests do you hope will be at Kumoricon this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 04:18:51 pm »
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=8413.0

That's the 2009 Guest Reccommendation thread! This kind of discussion should probably go there.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 03:44:28 am »
I read this as quests, and I'm totally going to answer it as such.

-Slay dragon
-Make me a sammich
-Open game rooms ON TIME all three days

I think those are some reasonable quests.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 02:46:51 pm »
You don't have much to worry about. ^^ Kirk Thornton usually comes each year. And he's really nice. =D Sounds like we have a little in common. I'm a major Fushigi Yugi freak as well. My first year I cosplayed as Nuriko. ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 03:21:00 pm »
We got Svetlana Chmakova!!! Woooo, I'm so stoked! Thank you, Kumoricon staff!!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 09:48:16 am »
I would really love to have a Japanese voice actor guest at Kumoricon, but Sakuracon only had Yamaguchi Kappei and Sasaki Nozomu and that convention is on the bigger side, so I don't know what the chances are that we'll get seiyuu here :(

Wouldn't hurt to ask though, right? :D I'd be STOKED if we somehow managed to get either Hirakawa Daisuke (Irie from Itazura na Kiss, we have the same birthday, June 4th xD), Namikawa Daisuke (Northern Italy from Hetalia Axis Powers) or Ono Daisuke (Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler).

I just realized I listed three of the four Daisukes of the Japanese voice acting world D: ...Okay, I want to see Kishio Daisuke as well xD

Here's hoping for a miracle though x_x

Offline jaxles

• Cabbit
    • Tender Sugar Cosplay
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 09:57:58 am »
I would really love to have a Japanese voice actor guest at Kumoricon, but Sakuracon only had Yamaguchi Kappei and Sasaki Nozomu and that convention is on the bigger side, so I don't know what the chances are that we'll get seiyuu here :(

Wouldn't hurt to ask though, right? :D I'd be STOKED if we somehow managed to get either Hirakawa Daisuke (Irie from Itazura na Kiss, we have the same birthday, June 4th xD), Namikawa Daisuke (Northern Italy from Hetalia Axis Powers) or Ono Daisuke (Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler).

I just realized I listed three of the four Daisukes of the Japanese voice acting world D: ...Okay, I want to see Kishio Daisuke as well xD

Here's hoping for a miracle though x_x

I agree! I was SO excited when I heard Kappei Yamaguchi was going to be at Sakura Con because I'd never been to a convention with an actual seiyuu there. I personally hate dubs, so the chance at meeting/seeing/hearing the actual seiyuu is just incredible to me.

It'd be awesome if Kumori Con could get some seiyuu, but you're right, it seems like it would be difficult since Kumori is smaller. Here's hoping that Kappei and Sasaki started a trend of seiyuu coming to west-coast cons!
*Kumori Con 2009*
Bleach: Hitsugaya Toushirou
Code Geass: Kururugi Suzaku (school uniform)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai: Rika (shrine maiden)
Twelve Kingdoms: Enki

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 10:11:02 am »
YAY! Glad to meet another seiyuu fan! (and omg I see you in a Code Geass schoolboy uniform I seriously HOPE you'll be wearing that to K-Con this year!!!) I generally dislike English dubs of anime, but I am a fan of some English voice actors (hey, I can't avoid them in English video games >.<) like Yuri Lowenthal and Johnny Yong Bosch xD

There's a higher chance of getting one of them to come, so I wouldn't mind seeing them either, but yes, more Japanese seiyuu please! <3
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:11:59 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline jaxles

• Cabbit
    • Tender Sugar Cosplay
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 07:51:22 pm »
Yes yes, I'm a Suzaku cosplayer! :D I'll definitely be cosplaying him for K-con, and I'm going to try to do his flight-suit. You are a C.C. cosplayer, correct?

Yeah, I'm pretty old fashioned when it comes to anime, so I kind of get irked at this craze over dubbed actors, but it's unavoidable, so... =/ And yeah, I admit that I love Johnny Yong Bosch. XD I've liked him since he was the Black Power Ranger! Also, I love him as Vash, I think he's perfect for that role.
*Kumori Con 2009*
Bleach: Hitsugaya Toushirou
Code Geass: Kururugi Suzaku (school uniform)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai: Rika (shrine maiden)
Twelve Kingdoms: Enki

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 07:54:19 pm »
Nice! I was C.C. last year at K-Con '08~ If I have some extra time by the time the con rolls around, I might do Kallen, not sure yet :)

If we can't get Japanese seiyuu to guest this year, hopefully we could get at least one well-known English one >.<

Offline Kawaii Punkd

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 01:02:49 am »
Japanese Seiyuu would be wonderful. I'd always hoped to meet Michie Tomizawa the voice of Sailor Mars. She's so amazing, that she sounds like she's making love to you with her voice <3

Of course Japanese seiyuu from old days are probably harder to get, not only that but she's retired :? I can hope~
MAX'in it from Beaverton all 3 days~

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 03:00:31 am »
Wait, WHAT?!
CURSE YOU!!!!!!!
I wanted to see her but I might not make it this year again............ (sulks)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 03:12:17 am »
Wait, WHAT?!
CURSE YOU!!!!!!!
I wanted to see her but I might not make it this year again............ (sulks)

Ah, you've gotta make it out here! If not...I'll at least get something signed for you...or something to that effect. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 03:27:13 am »
I keep asking for Jamieson Price, and since he travels in the same circles as Thornton and Epcar it seems more likely here than other cons.

However recently I've come to appreciate Sean Schemmel. I didn't much appreciate him when he was here before, but hearing him as Cyrus...holy CRAP dude, you keep screaming like that, you're gonna throw your back out.