Author Topic: Who Should I go as?!  (Read 3624 times)

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
Who Should I go as?!
« on: January 25, 2009, 07:58:49 pm »
Well, obviously, I was thinking that magical little devil Misa Amane.

And yes that is me... That was my horrible smile. I know my hair isn't blond... but in the MOVIE she has darker hair. See the resemblence? And by December my hair may be long enough. So, tell me what you think.

WHO SHOULD I COSPLAY AS?!

Better yet, should my mom go as -drumbroll- MARIO?!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:01:46 pm by misaxamane »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Re: Who Should I go as?!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 08:11:11 pm »
Well, are you okay with buying wigs?
:3

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 08:21:23 pm »
Wigs are expensive. Natural hair is not. And my hair is wavy in that picture *because I braided it last night. 0.0"*. It's actually pretty straight.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 08:24:17 pm »
Then I can't really offer you many suggestions.
Unless your willing to dye your hair, there arent many characters I know of with your hair color/style.
Sorry. ^^;

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 08:30:58 pm »
Matters on the wig. If it's synthetic and can't be styled under straightners or hair curlers, than unfortunately I can't buy a real wig. 0,0". But for lets say Misa, my hair'll just grow out. See?

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 08:38:42 pm »
Yes, but you'll have to dye it.

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:41:32 pm »
0.0 Wrong picture... Anyway. Matters on how the wig is. 
VS

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 08:44:00 pm »
I think most people would recognize the blonde Misa.

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 08:54:44 pm »
Back to sqaure one I guess. TO E-BAY! Anyways, who SHOULD I cosplay as. If I (maybe I will...) have the money to  BUY a wig, who should I cosplay as?

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 09:00:25 pm »
Hmm, Lucky Star Characters are cute.

Gunslinger Girl?

Fruits Basket?

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 09:04:31 pm »
you really can cosplay anyone you want. It also helps if we know what you are interested in.

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 09:09:58 pm »
Lucky star is cute. -has no clue about the actual anime whatsoever.-

-yelps- NOOO. Fruits basket. Bad GRAMMAR!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 09:28:11 pm »
Yeah man. We gotta know what you're interested in, how much you're willing to spend on items for Cosplay, etc. Mostly people Cosplay characters they like or somewhat resemble.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 09:36:31 pm »
For example my Temari cost very little, under $30 total

then there is Albel which I have spent close to $300 on.

So a budget, likes and dislikes are important. Do you want to be a girl character or a guy character? What kind of personalities do you like (not always important but it helps)? Are you willing to cut/dye your hair?

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 09:47:09 pm »
I don't thinks he wants to cut or dye her hair. But a wig would definitely give you more possibilities to who you can Cosplay as.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 09:50:04 pm »
yeah I guess a wig would be the best. I have found a site on ebay where they are pretty cheep

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 01:33:07 am »
You can try using color hairspray.
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 07:23:10 am »
Color hairspray would work if the character has longer hair like I do. 0.0"

Budget? About... hrm. 1-40 dollars at this time. We're MEGA POOR.

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 07:25:03 am »
Color hairspray would work if the character has longer hair like I do. 0.0"

Budget? About... hrm. 1-40 dollars at this time. We're MEGA POOR.

This is $50, but it'll work.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 07:41:53 am »
Hm. I have some input....First. Color hairsprays. ...They get everywhere. Ever if you think they won't, they do.

Also, that site looks like http://cosplaymagic.com/ If you ask me their stuff is very overpriced and the shirt looks a little thin there. That outfit probably wouldn't be that hard to make. Goodwill is really helpful, especially if you don't have a source of steady income[whether to not being able to work, family problems, ect.]. I would also suggest saving EVERYTHING. Bedsheets, pillowcases, socks. You can make some awesome stuff with that.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 08:09:19 am »
Yeah I got everything for that outfit at good will. At this point the only thing I am missing is the red bow. I spend about $15 on everything so far.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 08:52:55 am »
xD well yeah its been said already but really you can go as whoever, For instance i'm a slightly chubish short girl with curly brown hair and a large nose, and i'm cosplaying the fair skined skinny as a rail tall tiny snauze blond wavy haired blue eyed Princess Peach... Really it's all a matter of who you want to be.

you can find really good wigs for cheap, my peach wig is said to be great quality acording to all the feed back from the buyer i got it from (nothing but raves) it looks perfect, and it was also only 25 dollers with free shipping on ebay!

as for outfits while it can be worth the while to buy a tailord one for that character online (like i did for kairi) but it's also fun and sometimes cheaper to sew your own.

Kairi I bought online and the whole thing (wig and all) cost me close to 100 dollers....

thats with buying the costume, dying the shows myself, and buying a 30 to 40 doller wig at wigland (i dont recomend the place cause its over priced and the wigs arent the greatist quality but they do when you need them)

Peach on the other hand is going to run me a far more expensive bill. Her hoop skirt cost me 25 dollers (inclueding shipping), fabric was close to 90 bucks, the wig was 25 dollers, the shoes were 40, and the matirials for her jewl were about 20 dollers, not to mention the make up supplys I need (vary light foundation) and blue contacts. Peach will probally be 200 dollers in the end, pluss hours of time sewing the costume.

but if i consider how much it would take to buy the dress some where else my dress would probally be close to 150 dollers, and probally not as good quality fabric as I have gotten. not to mention it probally wouldnt have come with a hoop skirt and I was lucky enough to have a friend who knew a good buyer with good quality skirts for 25 inclueding shipping.

Really it's where you look on what costume you have. I find general if you play your cards right its cheaper to sew (and the picture you showed didnt look great quality)

If i were you and you wanted to do that misa go buy a nice white blouse (25-40) a black pleated skirt (20-30) sotckinsg and you can talor the bow yourself. it would be about the same price (or cheaper if you go to red light) but better quality (the outfit is not good, it looks like its bad fabric and the skirt isnt really how Misa's go, pluss her blouse shouldnt be shiney..... it would just look a bit weird) you'll need to look around a bit but it will be far worth it.

Wigs can be cheap depending where you look btw, i recomend getting them and using them for multiple cosplays! that way you get your moneys worth! just gotta look around (i'll look wher ei got mine to see if theres a good misa)
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 08:55:14 am »
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 09:05:34 am »
Here's some, although they are a bit more pricey...
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEATH-NOTE-MISA-BLONDE-24-long-straight-wig-cosplay_W0QQitemZ310117951385QQihZ021QQcategoryZ60188QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
or this one (which I like better):
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEATH-NOTE-MISA-PALE-BLONDE-long-straight-wig-cosplay_W0QQitemZ400027125914QQihZ027QQcategoryZ60188QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
I'm pretty sure you can find the actual costume at Goodwill though. It looks REALLY easy to throw together.
They are seriously overpricing that cosplay.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 11:04:06 am »
I've gotten a wig from the two that you suggested makichan and the quality is alright. The one I got was easily tangled. I have gotten three wigs from http://stores.ebay.com/Professional-Only and I have loved all the ones I have gotten so far. Everyone says they look great, they are easy to style (I can use a flat iron on Professional Only's wigs but not the other).

And those wigs are quite cheap. I got one for $2.99 on sale.