Author Topic: Name that Movie Quote!  (Read 103279 times)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: Name that Movie Quote!
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2009, 06:36:24 pm »
Mame. ???

Well you get points for naming the musical with Lucille Ball, but not the title I am looking for.  Want to try again?
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2009, 06:41:57 pm »
This the one that made Dorothy Chandler famous? Auntie Mame?  The story, more or less of that woman who among her many feats survived the sinking of the Titanic, and the sinking of another famous ship? Married to John Jacob Astor???

Actually not without looking it up, no. TO be sure.

" Help, I need somebody
  Help, not just anybody
  He-elp."

Dorothy Chandler??? Where did I get that from? I meant Carol Channing!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:08:52 pm by jaybug »
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2009, 06:57:33 pm »
This the one that made Dorothy Chandler famous? Auntie Mame?  The story, more or less of that woman who among her many feats survived the sinking of the Titanic, and the sinking of another famous ship? Married to John Jacob Astor???

Actually not without looking it up, no. TO be sure.

Yep, Auntie Mame.  The movie and stage play are based on a book written by Patrick Dennis, Mame's nephew in the story.  The entire thing is purely fictional, but based on some true events.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2009, 07:07:34 pm »
I know the Beatles made movies. I remember that one is A Hard Days Night, and I think Help is another.

If no one gets mine in the next few hours, I'll add another quote from it.

Once again, it was:
Try this memorable zinger:
"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a #$%^ how crazy they are!"

Jaybug:
I thought I knew from what film you culled your quotes on fear, but I was wrong. However, there are notions in it that are similar enough that I will quote one here to see if anyone is familiar with this quirky but profound little film:
"Sometimes you have to lose your mind before you come to your senses."

Housekeeping:
Here's one I posted yesterday that apparently no one has yet recognized:
"This is your life, right here, right now! It's real-time, you hear me, real time! Time to get real, not playback. You understand me?"

So here is another from that one:
(which would be a giveaway for anyone who saw it)
"Cheer up! The world's about to end in 10 minutes anyway."

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:21:29 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline onyx

• Cabbit
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2009, 07:40:46 pm »
^ I am HORRID at movies. So I have no clue. It's open to anyone now.XD

V "I only zaid that zo make him not fall in love wiz you!"

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2009, 08:10:52 pm »
I guess I don't see many of the movies you see Rem.

" Is it safe?
  Is what safe?
  Is it safe?
  I don't know what you are talking about.
  Is it safe?
  Yeah, it's safe. Safe as can be."
  (Dentists drill begins!)
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2009, 08:48:36 pm »
^ Marathon Man, haha, love that line (and how I originally recognized it from Clerks: The Cartoon Show)

V "I love self-loathing complaint rock you can dance to."

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2009, 08:59:02 am »
^ Marathon Man, haha, love that line (and how I originally recognized it from Clerks: The Cartoon Show)

V "I love self-loathing complaint rock you can dance to."

^^I loved the Clerks cartoons!! Especially one where like big monkeys or something had escaped from a circus.....??

^ Well hon I'm not entirely sure that it's High Fidelity (I love John Cusack and actually went to the same drama school as he did--no really); but it sure seems like it would fit (sarcastically at least) into a movie that opens with this voiceover, the last two lines  of which have remained in my head:

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2009, 11:23:25 am »
Allow me to swoop in from a long weekend and say the above quote is from Loser - Great flick, back when I liked Jason Biggs :)
I used to quote this line all the time when I was a TA, "You know, I have this crazy philosophy that your grades should represent your grasp of the material and not your negotiating skills, which are amazing, by the way"

Here's a new one  -

1: Why do they call you Fat Loser Boy?
2: I don't know. I think, 'cause I'm fat, and I never win.

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2009, 11:27:44 am »
Once again, it was:
Try this memorable zinger:
"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a #$%^ how crazy they are!"

From Dusk til Dawn  Another great line, "I'm a mother *nod, nod* servant of god!"
Jaybug:
I thought I knew from what film you culled your quotes on fear, but I was wrong. However, there are notions in it that are similar enough that I will quote one here to see if anyone is familiar with this quirky but profound little film:
"Sometimes you have to lose your mind before you come to your senses."

I'm guessing the Peaceful Warrior movie, because I'm quite sure It was in the book. Ahh Socarates, how I love you

Housekeeping:
Here's one I posted yesterday that apparently no one has yet recognized:
"This is your life, right here, right now! It's real-time, you hear me, real time! Time to get real, not playback. You understand me?"

So here is another from that one:
(which would be a giveaway for anyone who saw it)
"Cheer up! The world's about to end in 10 minutes anyway."

Strange Days- I loved the start of this movie when he was watching the playback of the Bank Robbery gone wrong.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:31:51 am by pepito »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2009, 01:06:45 pm »
 :D

***Loves Pepito x 3 ***

Haven't seen "Loser" & don't know the quote listed above.
But wow I'm so thrilled you got all those quotes!

Strange days has one of my fave soundtracks of all time!! Especially I love Juliette Lewis covering PJ Harvey!

And you've read the book?!?!? Yep gotta love Socrates. But I've only seen the movie.
MUST -- FIND -- BOOK!!!

Okay try this:
(male): Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. I'm looking for, like, an accomplice. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out?
(female): I'm in. I'll go pack my stuff.
(male): I hope that you've had enough to drink. It's going to take courage.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:08:18 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #261 on: February 16, 2009, 01:17:46 pm »
Are you at the K-Com meeting this Saturday Rem? I can let you borrow the book :) It was one of the books I read when I was preparing for my 2nd Degree BB Test, from what I've heard the movie doesn't even cover half of it :)

The quote you put up is the first one that's really stumped me. I may need another clue  :o

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2009, 02:12:18 pm »
Are you at the K-Com meeting this Saturday Rem? I can let you borrow the book :) It was one of the books I read when I was preparing for my 2nd Degree BB Test, from what I've heard the movie doesn't even cover half of it :)

The quote you put up is the first one that's really stumped me. I may need another clue  :o

Ooooh! I love that you're offering! I will totally take you up on that! However, I do not know whether I'll make it to Gresham. I took some time off from volunteering yardwork at a future childcare center this Saturday to try to help KC at the Asian Celebration, and I live in Eugene...and Creation Station has a room at a Chibi Chibi Con in Olympia on Saturday....But definitely if I make it up to either or both of those, I will let you know and make time for the book!! You rock!!

And you certainly deserve another clue, so here it is:
(imho one of the most romantic exchanges in movie history!!)
(male) "I don't want to leave."
(female) "So don't! Stay here with me! We'll start a Jazz band!"

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #263 on: February 16, 2009, 03:19:15 pm »
Well I'll bring it to the meeting in case you're there :)

As for the quote.... I'm crazy stumped on this. I was trying to think of action comedy jail break movies that weren't all male casts... but now it looks like were in Romantic Comedy Land... hrmmm, 80's movie?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:21:01 pm by pepito »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #264 on: February 16, 2009, 03:53:01 pm »
Well I'll bring it to the meeting in case you're there :)

As for the quote.... I'm crazy stumped on this. I was trying to think of action comedy jail break movies that weren't all male casts... but now it looks like were in Romantic Comedy Land... hrmmm, 80's movie?

Sweet!
No jail break. Yes romantic comedy. Not 80s. Much more recent.

Here's a huge clue that is not a quote: A lot of Japanese is spoken in the movie. Though not by the protagonists whose exchanges are in the above quotes.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #265 on: February 16, 2009, 04:03:18 pm »
Allow me to swoop in from a long weekend and say the above quote is from Loser - Great flick, back when I liked Jason Biggs :)
I used to quote this line all the time when I was a TA, "You know, I have this crazy philosophy that your grades should represent your grasp of the material and not your negotiating skills, which are amazing, by the way"

Here's a new one  -

1: Why do they call you Fat Loser Boy?
2: I don't know. I think, 'cause I'm fat, and I never win.

Yup, Loser it is! My favorite Jason Biggs movie (only a little more than Saving Silverman, because Loser is so much more touching).

And in response to your quote, that's The Pest! John Leguizamo back when he was a nut, lol. That movie never gets old!

V "Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled."

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2009, 04:24:57 pm »
I love John Leguizamo. Have you seen "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"? Probably one of the oddest of movie titles. But I say that while having family members who were extras in the filming of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"......yah.

(That's a real film, btw.)

So ^ I tried to logic out to what that quote could refer. Sounds to me like someone wanting to buy into either a fantasy about a person, or, to a magic trick. That's as far as I got. Thinking about the fantasy of a person, vs. what they really are, I was reminded of that by John Leguizamo being in drag for all of "To Wong Foo..." mentioned above. As are Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes! Really! But I don't remember that quote being from any drag queen movie. I never did get around to seeing Boys Don't Cry, but it couldn't have been from that, it's a true story and very sad. So that leaves magic. Hm. There were 2 big recent movies on that. Prestige and Illusionist. But I have a hard time remembering what happened in which of them. Am I close??

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:20:11 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2009, 06:42:51 pm »
You're really close, Rem. It is about magic, one of those two you mentioned as a matter of fact. I'll give a hint: The film was directed by the same man who directed the last two Batman films.

And I actually used to love Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, lol. It's cheesy to the max but I dig it, haha. But no I have not seen "To Wong Foo...", never could really understand it the point or draw of it, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2009, 08:16:18 pm »
Did I see a quote from Bad Santa?

From my quote earlier another hint: It can be found in the Orange Catholic Bible, I think.

" Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!"
Have Fun

Jay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2009, 10:29:01 pm »
You're really close, Rem. It is about magic, one of those two you mentioned as a matter of fact. I'll give a hint: The film was directed by the same man who directed the last two Batman films.

And I actually used to love Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, lol. It's cheesy to the max but I dig it, haha. But no I have not seen "To Wong Foo...", never could really understand it the point or draw of it, lol.

Oooh! Okay well it was Christopher Nolan on Dark Knight and The Prestige, so there we have it!

This is going to sound funny but the Illusionist's director,  the way I remember that is it's similar to "Burgermeister Meisterburger" from Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, which I *loved* as a kid.

"To Wong Foo..." was kind of like when there's something you like as a 5-minute sketch on Saturday Night Live, but then they try to stretch it into a full-length movie, and you kinda cringe. It was in no way bad, but it was kinda a one-time-viewing novelty act.

Here's a pop quiz, anyone else know who the "Julie Newmar" was from the film title, "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"? Clue: The answer comes from TV, not movies.

I never was able to find a copy of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. However, the theme song has never left my head, ever since my famous Uncle Mike (a former Hollywood lawyer, now multi zillionaire--and Buffy-head!) sang me the chorus (ah-TACK (pause) of the killer to-MAAAA-toes) when I was gosh in elementary school......ugh.

If anyone remembers the Obama Won! thread, Jaybug and Patrick and I were among the participants, there was a somewhat vehement debate about use of nuclear materials anywhere. I, having petitioned to close Trojan nuclear power plant, was contending nowhere is safe. Someone said nuclear subs were safe. Well, 2 collided this month. Moving in slow-mo. On routine patrols. In the vast Atlantic Ocean. Countries that are even friendly to each other (Britain and France). How petrifying is that?!

To underscore how I feel about it here are some quotes to guess from movies on such themes:

"I know the vibration was not normal."
               (from same movie)
(first male) "What makes you think they're looking for a scapegoat?"
(second male) --"Tradition".

Of note is that while ^ was a work of fiction, it eerily came darn close to true (a real life situation happened that was hard core) just 3 weeks after the film was released.

Meantime this is a quote from a great movie with big stars, based on a real-life conspiracy, including deliberate contamination with plutonium of a worker who wanted to expose dangers at her plant, and her eventual murder, which led to some of the whistleblower protections now in place.....

It says here that plutonium gives you cancer.
and
They all looked like they'd died before they were dead.

Now to end on a lighter note:
I love the movie Jaybug quotes enough that I will add my own quote to it, and a bonus question (which I just had fun posing on Facebook): In what song by what band is this quote repeated, verbatim, by the actor who says it in the movie?
"You're all worthless and weak."

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:33:13 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2009, 12:53:35 pm »
Meh

Let's see

@ REM

Julie Newmar was the original Adam West Batman's Catwoman, before Eartha Kitt took it over.... Side note, Adam West will be at WonderCon, and so will I!

I'm still lost on the Takes Place in Japan Romantic Comedey thing... Any major Actresses or Actors?

Scapegoat quote is from The China Syndrome, and why I know that off the top of my head I'm not sure, I recall watching it in one of my classes in college but I'm not sure why I remember the line.... No Clue on the other quote?

You're all worthless and weak.... Line from Animal House :), and although I can't recall anything about any of thier songs, I'm guessing GWAR is the band you are refereing too, since You're all worthless and weak was the name of thier first album

@ Everybody
Here's a good one for you guys

"What's the thing people remember about the Gulf War? A bomb falling down a chimney. Let me tell you something: I was in the building where we filmed that with a 10-inch model made out of Legos."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2009, 06:20:12 pm »
"Aagh!  Are their brains completely rotten!?!"
"Well, some things taste best just before they're about to go bad, you know."
"Ugh..."

Well, it looks like nobody is even taking a shot at this one, so here's a clue.

The movie is an anime movie.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:35 pm »
Julie Newmar was first on Broadway, then film, then Batman. She played Stupefying Jones in Lil' Abner the movie.

You quoted China Syndrome with our favorite traitor Jane Fonda starring! Weehaw!

And don't forget the Kursk which sank in arctic waters.

Gee, it's been 40 years since an American nuke sub went down.

Oh, how's the mold growing?

I guess none of you got my Star Wars quote.

Oh good grief, is that from Wasabi? Jean Reno stars, produced by Luc Besson? I love that film, but I listened to it in French.

No one wants to guess my fat drunk and stupid quote?

" some moloko plus for me and my droogies."
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2009, 06:52:26 pm »

" Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!"

I think I heard that quote in Animal House, but it's been so long since I've seen that movie that I could be thinking of a different quote.  Is your new one from Animal House, too?  I don't recognize it...

Also, was any of that stuff you just posted a response to my quote?

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2009, 06:55:48 pm »
"some moloko plus for me and my droogies"

What huh Clockwork Orange?

Totally missed your Star Wars Quote... my bad

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2009, 06:58:00 pm »
What's Clockwork Orange?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2009, 07:03:28 pm »
It's a Stanley Kubrick film. The first of the ultra-violent films. If you want I will tell you a bit of the story behind the story. And good jobs guys. Animal House and A Clockwork Orange.

I work at the University where it was filmed. And I had to read ACO in 8th grade English.

" It's half Maui wowie and half labrador, my dog got into my stash and I had to follow him around for the next 3 days picking it back up."
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2009, 07:05:38 pm »
So nobody is STILL trying to answer mine?

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2009, 07:32:26 pm »
@jaybug

I know that is a Cheech and Chong quote, but sadly all those movies run together.... Nice Dreams?

@Wash

Oddly.... I dont watch a lot of Anime
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:33:52 pm by pepito »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2009, 08:26:51 pm »
@ 'Lil Washou. Sorry. No idea.

@ Rem, nope, too.

Here's some new ones to try. Not all from the same movie. Some are oldish, so you may not have seen the films. Sorry, am trying. But not trying to use cult classics or other small audience films. Unless the quote is from an anime that everyone has seen.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

"What would God need with a star ship?"

"Whoopsie Daisy. Did you just say whoopsie daisy? Um, yes, yes I did."
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2009, 09:43:18 pm »
"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

That's Jaws, yes? Haven't seen that for years, but I do remember that line always being attributed to the series.

V "Is that all you got?" *kicked into a tree*

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2009, 09:47:31 pm »
Was that the Abomination versus the Incredible Hulk? The second one? That line is used sooooo often! lol

Yes Jaws!

Not yet on the others?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2009, 09:48:50 pm »
lol, yup, that was it. It's all I could think of on the spot, haha.

And I'm still working over your other quotes.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2009, 10:00:22 pm »
@ Pepito:
Totally right on Julie Newmar
(@ Jaybug: Cool new info on her I didn't know)

Tell me more about Wondercon! Where, when, who else is appearing, etc.!

Japan romantic comedy thing:
Bill Murray sings karaoke in it. With Scarlett Johannsen.

Yes, on China Syndrome. Changed my life.....made me an activist. Ditto: Network.

Yes on Animal House. And, Jaybug, recognizing your line is from Animal House was what I stated was the reason for posting this quote. Pepito, you are right about GWAR. However, I asked about  a song that featured the actual actor from AH: The guy who plays Neimeier (spelling?) appears in the music video "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister, and, his AH quote is sampled in the song.

Your quote is from Wag the Dog, another classic political satire.

@ Everybody
Here's a good one for you guys

"What's the thing people remember about the Gulf War? A bomb falling down a chimney. Let me tell you something: I was in the building where we filmed that with a 10-inch model made out of Legos."

I don't know the others. I'll think on them harder though.

My plutonium quote was from Silkwood, which is a true story about Kerr-McGee, deliberate poisoning, and murder of a whistle-blower. Starring Meryl Streep, Kurt Russell, and Cher.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:54 pm »
Lost in Translation. Only saw it once, didn't remember the lines all that well huh?

One for the road as I am leaving work soon. I'll make it simple or easy.

" Do you even know how to properly make foam?" I may have it a bit off, but I think on it often, for some reason.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2009, 11:00:07 pm »
Lost in Traslation! Dur.... I should have got that. I can still remember the look on Bill Murray's face when Sean Penn Won Best Actor and he didn't. First time Johnny Depp got a best actor nod, as I recall too.

Great Job, on Wag the Dog.. I  love that flick

There are a bunch of people at Wondercon this year, but Oddly I'm most excited to see Kane Hodder (Jason for 4 Friday the 13ths), and to go to the Watchmen Panel. I'm praying that they do a Watchmen screening.

@Jaybug

Star Trek!

I know I recognize the Whoopsie Daisy one, but I can't place it.

@Everybody

"If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear.... I'm hungry. Let's get a taco"

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2009, 11:12:31 pm »
Lost in Traslation! Dur.... I should have got that. I can still remember the look on Bill Murray's face when Sean Penn Won Best Actor and he didn't. First time Johnny Depp got a best actor nod, as I recall too.

Great Job, on Wag the Dog.. I  love that flick

There are a bunch of people at Wondercon this year, but Oddly I'm most excited to see Kane Hodder (Jason for 4 Friday the 13ths), and to go to the Watchmen Panel. I'm praying that they do a Watchmen screening.

@Jaybug

Star Trek!

I know I recognize the Whoopsie Daisy one, but I can't place it.

@Everybody

"If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear.... I'm hungry. Let's get a taco"

Correct on Lost in Translation (both of you).
Everyone should watch Wag the Dog to remember to take media presentations of war with more than a grain of salt. Then watch Network.
I should check out Watchmen. Don't know anything about it.
Not a F13 fan.
I **love** Harvey Keitel. In fact he's the main reason I'm watching Life on Mars (tv show). Reservoir Dogs felt a lot more unique at the time because it was the first Tarantino (at least that I saw). I viscerally shuddered during this scene. (And oddly there was a scene on Heroes last week that evoked it a little....)

Here's a very memorable scene in a movie that belongs on this forum in its own distinct way:
WIGGLE-YOUR-BIG-TOE.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:22:47 am by RemSaverem »

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:00 pm »
I didn't get the Lost in Translation quote at all... I just saw Jaybug's post lol

Agree on both Wag the Dog and Network as must see films...

Apart from being stoked to meet THE Jason, I'm excited to see the Voice Actress you voices Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls, and the actor that portrayed Bib Fortuna in Star Wars :)

You haven't read Watchmen?!?! Read it! It's the most amazing graphic novel ever written

Harvey Kietel is a bad ass, but even more so is Michael Madsen - only reason I watched Tilt when it was still on.

Oh and your quote is Kill Bill Volume 1 btw

Side Note - I'm Getting the Heroe's Symbol Tattooed on Friday :)

Here's two quotes - from two movies I think everyone should see.
HINT: One of them has Marky Mark in it :P

"So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time."

and

"When I was young, about eight or so, I tried making friends with God by inviting Him to my house to watch the World Series. He never showed."

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:29:25 pm by pepito »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2009, 12:32:55 am »
I didn't get the Lost in Translation quote at all... I just saw Jaybug's post lol

It is a great film. See it. Especially if you are considering ever going to Japan.

Agree on both Wag the Dog and Network as must see films...
OMG yes.

Apart from being stoked to meet THE Jason, I'm excited to see the Voice Actress you voices Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls, and the actor that portrayed Bib Fortuna in Star Wars :)
Right the one who kinda looked like what he had for a "bib" was a vacuum cleaner hose...awesome. You should come to the Star Wars panel! It was an absolute highlight of all my con years evah!! Or maybe you were there and I just hadn't "met" you yet??

You haven't read Watchmen?!?! Read it! It's the most amazing graphic novel ever written
Duly noted, will see if it's at the library .....

Harvey Kietel is a bad ass, but even more so is Michael Madsen - only reason I watched Tilt when it was still on.
Harvey Keitel freaked me out in Taxi Driver. Oh and growing up in a family full of Rabbis it was always a big stereotype-breaker for me that he's Jewish. Never could bring myself to see Bad Lieutenant, though.

Oh and your quote is Kill Bill Volume 1 btw
VERY GOOD YAY!

Side Note - I'm Getting the Heroe's Symbol Tattooed on Friday :)
WAY cool. (a) Where? (i.e. where on your body are you getting it) and (b) What would you pick as your superpower if you could have any? Sylar's combo is hard to pass up. I would certainly not want the serial killer "hunger" but I would love to be able to pick up powers by empathy and to have only one weak spot, able to recover from anything else. Though stopping time and teleporting, that's darn rad too, but not being able to control it.......yeah it's hard to say what I'd want...I used to think I'd just want what Angela has.....okay enough on that!

Here's two quotes - from two movies I think everyone should see.
HINT: One of them has Marky Mark in it :P

"So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time."

and

"When I was young, about eight or so, I tried making friends with God by inviting Him to my house to watch the World Series. He never showed."

I have not seen either of those (I looked them up). However to dovetail with you here is a quote from inarguably the best Marky Mark film:

"The interconnection thing is definitely for real."

[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:23:10 am by RemSaverem »

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #289 on: February 18, 2009, 12:46:15 am »
I have seen Lost in Translation... I'm quite sure I own it, for what ever reason, I didn't get into it when I watched it. I'll have to give it another watch.

Star Wars panel eh? I'm there - I'm quite sure you haven't met me, as this will be my first K-Con :)

Okay Heroes stuff - I'm getting the Tattoo done at Bad Kitties in Newberg, OR :) It will be on my chest right side, next to this really cool Chinese Dragon Tattoo I have - here's the only pic of it I can find. In the swoop near his hind legs.

Super Powers - ooh that's hard. I would be hard pressed to choose between regeneration (albeit it has to be like Deadpool or Wolverine's where your muscles never get tired, and it slows your aging) or Time Travel a la Hiro.

See both those films at some point - they are important flicks

As for your quote - I think that was in I Heart Huckabees when Fireman Marky Mark and Pscyotherapist Dustin Hoffman are talking about the relationship between things
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:50:42 am by pepito »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #290 on: February 18, 2009, 11:57:15 am »
(a) It really is worth seeing a 2nd time, as I recently did. It's very well-directed (by Sophia Coppola!), as well as well-acted. Seriously it is one of my very favorite love stories, especially now that I have seen on youtube someone digitally reprocessed the closing to reveal what Bill Murray whispers to Scarlett Johannsen.
It's something like:
SPOILER WARNING----DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF THAT WILL OFFEND YOU

"I have to be leaving. But I won't let that come between us."

(b) Heck ya, it was awesome. Last year it was called "I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie." Which quite seriously is one of the best rejoinders in all of cinematic history. As is Han's retort: "I can arrange that!"
The Darth Vader head that I won in one of the trivia games (Go Team Rabid Wookie!!) adorns the top of my TV :)

*doubletakes* Wha-what? First KC? Really? WOW!
*checks calendar* Yeah this will be my 6th; where ya been? JK!
*immediately pipes up "Rowling!!" in my head; is big HP fan*

(c) Great name for a parlour. AMAZING PIC THANK YOU! That will look phenomenal, can't wait to see the real thing!!

**immediately starts hearing one of her favorite songs from the soundtrack to one of her favorite films--one already correctly identified in this game <-- big hint:
"Turn my dreams into the real thing, baby; turn my dreams into the real thing"
Anyone able to guess which film? Or name the artist? Major props if you do :)

I actually really like the Dharma Initiative logo (from Lost); I used to throw the I Ching (it's a divination aide).

I had this recurring dream of getting ink that was of a big oak tree with 2 branches, nestled between which was an eye, with a hazel iris and a globe for a pupil, out of which flew a butterfly. In repeated dreams I watched this get inked with the butterfly flying off over my left shoulder. And lucidly realized it was a message that intrapsychic change and global change are one/must co-occur/are synergistic.

(d) We should get a party together for X-Men Origins: Wolverine!!! I actually once wore these brown gloves with long silver metal claws sticking out of them, with the kid I helped raise, for some X-men outing or other....Totally surprised him. He was like 6 at the time. Now he's 11 and draws his own comic books!!

(e) Duly added to list! Thanks for the tips!

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! *glomps all involved*

(f) Definitely I Heart Huckabees! Yay!! LOOOOOVE that movie. I'd even make a great Existential Detective (though honestly I love Isabelle Huppert who is the antithesis of Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin in that film...."The Piano Teacher" changed my life!)

OKAY NEXT QUOTE!
"Your little green men arrived here millions of years ago."

I have seen Lost in Translation... I'm quite sure I own it, for what ever reason, I didn't get into it when I watched it. I'll have to give it another watch.

Star Wars panel eh? I'm there - I'm quite sure you haven't met me, as this will be my first K-Con :)

Okay Heroes stuff - I'm getting the Tattoo done at Bad Kitties in Newberg, OR :) It will be on my chest right side, next to this really cool Chinese Dragon Tattoo I have - here's the only pic of it I can find. In the swoop near his hind legs.

[image removed]

Super Powers - ooh that's hard. I would be hard pressed to choose between regeneration (albeit it has to be like Deadpool or Wolverine's where your muscles never get tired, and it slows your aging) or Time Travel a la Hiro.

See both those films at some point - they are important flicks

As for your quote - I think that was in I Heart Huckabees when Fireman Marky Mark and Pscyotherapist Dustin Hoffman are talking about the relationship between things
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:03:29 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Sporty_Otaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2009, 12:34:46 pm »
"Ugh..."

i think i heard that once before
don't expect to hear too much from me

just wanted to drop in and say hi

hi

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2009, 12:36:53 pm »
"Ugh..."

i think i heard that once before
I KNOW WHAT IT IS!

It's Slayers the Motion Picture ;D

alright here we go, one of my favorite movies ;D

"Pig Pen, when I want advice about a good Planet of the Apes film or maybe how to get the resin out of my bong I'll come to you ok? But I am not gonna take romantic advice from somebody who cannot spell romantic or advice... or bong."

the name may give it away >_>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:39:04 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Sporty_Otaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2009, 12:40:27 pm »
oh yeah, when lina and naga are watching the hypnotist and his minions dancing around in mushroom costumes

that was a good one washougalotaku
don't expect to hear too much from me

just wanted to drop in and say hi

hi

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2009, 01:07:44 pm »
@nikki

Out Cold - Name did give it away :) I love the part where the one guy passes out and they put him in the car then they spin the car around and start screaming

@rem

(b) Heck ya, it was awesome. Last year it was called "I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie." Which quite seriously is one of the best rejoinders in all of cinematic history. As is Han's retort: "I can arrange that!"
The Darth Vader head that I won in one of the trivia games (Go Team Rabid Wookie!!) adorns the top of my TV :)

I theoretically should be up to snuff on my Star Wars Trivia

*doubletakes* Wha-what? First KC? Really? WOW!
*checks calendar* Yeah this will be my 6th; where ya been? JK!
*immediately pipes up "Rowling!!" in my head; is big HP fan*

I've been living under a rock. We attempted to go last year, but we weren't savy enough to get tickets in adavance.... so this year I'm working it

(c) Great name for a parlour. AMAZING PIC THANK YOU! That will look phenomenal, can't wait to see the real thing!!

**immediately starts hearing one of her favorite songs from the soundtrack to one of her favorite films--one already correctly identified in this game <-- big hint:
"Turn my dreams into the real thing, baby; turn my dreams into the real thing" Anyone able to guess which film? Or name the artist? Major props if you do :)

Lords of Acid right? No Idea what soundtrack though, I just know I have it on a techno mix CD in my car... comes on after the Sonya Blade song ;P

I actually really like the Dharma Initiative logo (from Lost); I used to throw the I Ching (it's a divination aide).

I had this recurring dream of getting ink that was of a big oak tree with 2 branches, nestled between which was an eye, with a hazel iris and a globe for a pupil, out of which flew a butterfly. In repeated dreams I watched this get inked with the butterfly flying off over my left shoulder. And lucidly realized it was a message that intrapsychic change and global change are one/must co-occur/are synergistic.

I like the Dharma logo because it reminds me of the Star Wars or GEARS Cog. As for your tattoo dream - the symbolism of that boggles my mind

(d) We should get a party together for X-Men Origins: Wolverine!!! I actually once wore these brown gloves with long silver metal claws sticking out of them, with the kid I helped raise, for some X-men outing or other....Totally surprised him. He was like 6 at the time. Now he's 11 and draws his own comic books!!

Yeah, that movie should be sweet.... another shameless plug for my tattoos - I have Deadpool in all his glory on my left shoulder.

(e) Duly added to list! Thanks for the tips!

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! *glomps all involved*

(f) Definitely I Heart Huckabees! Yay!! LOOOOOVE that movie. I'd even make a great Existential Detective (though honestly I love Isabelle Huppert who is the antithesis of Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin in that film...."The Piano Teacher" changed my life!)

OKAY NEXT QUOTE!
"Your little green men arrived here millions of years ago."

I've never seen Slayer the Motion Picture - But I would have said X-Files for that quote, I know there is a line close to that in the film, because I just recently watched it.....

New Quote:

"So maybe I don't know what the Civil War was, or who invented the helicopter even though I own one, but I did beat The Legend of Zelda before I could walk. I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it. "

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2009, 02:33:10 pm »
"So maybe I don't know what the Civil War was, or who invented the helicopter even though I own one, but I did beat The Legend of Zelda before I could walk. I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it. "

That's J.P. from Grandma's Boy, if I remember right. I love that movie, total gaming/semi-nerd adult culture, haha, taken to an extreme of course.

V "Give me the chicken! Raagh Raaawr!"

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2009, 02:59:36 pm »
Yup, and an extrememly funny movie it is too

As for you... no Idea

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2009, 03:03:10 pm »
Here's a hint: The movie has come out in the past five years, and it stars Ray Liotta.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2009, 03:52:26 pm »
Garrr.... I can't think of very many of his movies other the Wild Hogs, Smoken Aces, and Slow Burn... and I don't recall that line from any of those.... and I'm sure Goodfella's Was over 5 years ago :)

Here's one for you - "Fear is what protects you from the things you don't believe in"

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2009, 04:38:05 pm »
I'm thinking I should either just give up on this thread, or post quotes from black and white era films, as I just don't watch cult films much at all, and you all can be just as confounded as I am. Or maybe start a new thread and not use quotes, but plots, see if the next person can guess the film by the plot description.

Have Fun

Jay