Author Topic: Name that Movie Quote!  (Read 103288 times)

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
Re: Name that Movie Quote!
« Reply #350 on: February 19, 2009, 11:25:48 pm »
"Tom Mullen: The whole world now knows... my son, Sean Mullen, was kidnapped, for ransom, three days ago. This is a recent photograph of him. Sean, if you're watching, we love you. And this... well, this is what waits for the man that took him. This is your ransom. Two million dollars in unmarked bills, just like you wanted. But this is as close as you'll ever get to it. You'll never see one dollar of this money, because no ransom will ever be paid for my son. Not one dime, not one penny. Instead, I'm offering this money as a reward on your head. Dead or alive, it doesn't matter. So congratulations, you've just become a two million dollar lottery ticket... except the odds are much, much better. Do you know anyone that wouldn't turn you in for two million dollars? I don't think you do. I doubt it. So wherever you go and whatever you do, this money will be tracking you down for all time. And to ensure that it does, to keep interest alive, I'm running a full-page ad in every major newspaper every Sunday... for as long as it takes. But... and this is your last chance... you return my son, alive, uninjured, I'll withdraw the bounty. With any luck you can simply disappear. Understand... you will never see this money. Not one dollar. So you still have a chance to do the right thing. If you don't, well, then, God be with you, because nobody else on this Earth will be."

Ransom with Mel Gibson

Violet: Oh, God. They know about the rat poison. I might as well just turn myself in.
Doralee: Violet, it was an accident.
Violet: I'm a murderer.
Judy: No, you're not.
Violet: I'm a murderess. I'm gonna go to the pen. My poor kids. I'm gonna lose my job.
Judy: Violet, stop this.
Violet: I'm no fool. I've killed the boss, you think they're not gonna fire me for a thing like that?

A different movie, but I like this quote.  The two movies together would make a great double feature.  ;D
[/quote]

I know that movie... it's with the lady that hates her boss, and she accidently poisons him... but in the end it turns out she didn't.... ummm... garrr No idea the title.

Only movie I can think of that was filmed in Eugene was Sisters with Boy Wonder

Here's someone's ill-advised innocent attempt to make a new friend (spoken in baby talk):
"I shall call him Squishy. And he shall be my Squishy. Come on, Squishy! Come on, little Squishy!"

Finding Nemo?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:28:52 pm by pepito »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2009, 06:58:31 am »
Okay, here's another anime movie quote, one that should be easier than the last one I did.

"This has got to be a trap."
"Then go back."
"No.  I just have to find how much of it is a trap."

haha, Akira! One of the first anime I ever saw, and it still hooks me in unlike any other film before it or since. Great quote, lol. Kaneda...you're hopeless, lol

V
"My daddy was a dollar.                 
Not worth a hundred cents.               
My daddy was a dollar.               
I wrote it on a fence.               
My daddy was a dollar.                 
Not worth a hundred cents."

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2009, 10:03:33 am »

Ransom with Mel Gibson
Ooh! of course.
Violet: Oh, God. They know about the rat poison. I might as well just turn myself in.
Violet: I'm a murderess. I'm gonna go to the pen. My poor kids. I'm gonna lose my job.
Violet: I'm no fool. I've killed the boss, you think they're not gonna fire me for a thing like that?

A different movie, but I like this quote.  The two movies together would make a great double feature.  ;D

I know that movie... it's with the lady that hates her boss, and she accidently poisons him... but in the end it turns out she didn't.... ummm... garrr No idea the title.
Correct; it's 9 to 5, and this conversation is between Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton.

Only movie I can think of that was filmed in Eugene was Sisters with Boy Wonder
Hm, haven't heard of that film. Others filmed here:
The Pre movie (Without Limits) with Donald Sutherlin
Animal House
Personal Best
Stand By Me
5 Easy Pieces
And some movie that played at the Bijou that was made by a local guy about people who change gender or something like that (haven't seen it yet) called something like Zerophilia
I know there were a bunch more. But since I wouldn't know them without looking them up I shouldn't list them.

Here's someone's ill-advised innocent attempt to make a new friend (spoken in baby talk):
"I shall call him Squishy. And he shall be my Squishy. Come on, Squishy! Come on, little Squishy!"

Finding Nemo?

YESSSSS!!!! Easily one of the films dearest to my heart~!! And undoubtedly the nicest words ever spoken to a jellyfish.***shudders recalling fatal scene in recent movie that she won't name in case folks still haven't seen it***
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:07:44 am by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2009, 10:27:03 am »

Correct; it's 9 to 5, and this conversation is between Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton.

Others filmed here:
Animal House
Personal Best
Stand By Me
5 Easy Pieces
And some movie that played at the Bijou that was made by a local guy about people who change gender or something like that (haven't seen it yet) called something like Zerophilia
I know there were a bunch more. But since I wouldn't know them without looking them up I shouldn't list them.

Yep the second quote was from 9 to 5 as Rem stated.  A great comedy.  My first quote still stands.  It is not any of the movies listed by Rem above.  I was actually an extra in Personal Best when they filmed it at Hayward Field.  I may be seen in the crowd scenes somewhere.

Another Hint about my first quote.  The entire plot is centered around Valley River Center and parts of the movie are shot in said mall, when it was new!  Now I know this pretty much gives it away, but I doubt anyone else has actually seen the movie.   ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2009, 11:45:59 am »
I figured it out, but since I had to google what other movies were filmed in Eugene to do it, it doesn't count.
I will however add for you a clue that Jane Curtain is in it, whom I not only always loved from "the original Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time Players" i.e. the original cast of Saturday Night Live, but also from 3rd Rock from the Sun.
Trivia:
(a) I have the album from the 1975 (I think) earliest formally recorded vinyl of SNL.
(b) One of the sketches on it, Slumber Party, I recreated in the variety show my senior year of high school, with myself in the Gilda Radner role.
(c) I've personally met (briefly) John Lithgow (from 3rd rock and so much more!)

Related quote (and a dead giveaway to anyone who's seen the film, certainly stood out in my memory):
"I mean, I had mine removed surgically under general anesthesia. But to have it bitten off in a Buick..."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:46:36 am by RemSaverem »
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2009, 02:44:43 pm »
^ Oh, that's The World According to Garp, heh

This should be easy-pickings, haha
V "I'd be very careful who I talked to about this, cos whoever wrote this is dangerous, and this buttoned down, oxford-cloth psycho could just snap at any moment and stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-180 carbine gas-operated semiautomatic pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you know. Someone very, very close to you."

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2009, 04:11:59 pm »
^ Oh, that's The World According to Garp, heh

This should be easy-pickings, haha
V "I'd be very careful who I talked to about this, cos whoever wrote this is dangerous, and this buttoned down, oxford-cloth psycho could just snap at any moment and stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-180 carbine gas-operated semiautomatic pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you know. Someone very, very close to you."

Fight Club... I can't wait til Choke comes out on video :)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2009, 04:17:39 pm »
Yup, you got it, haha

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2009, 08:55:16 pm »
Yay on you knowing Garp, Eve!
I never saw Choke, but it is now playing locally at the David Minor Theatre, so I might get to see it.
The liposuction/soap part of Fight Club was so viscerally rough on me--having grown up hearing that it was revealed at the Nuremberg trials that Nazis had experimented with making soap by rendering the fat from bodies of Jews they genocidally murdered, may all those martyred rest in peace and all remaining perpetrators be brought to justice. This was recently proven to be fact.
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/stutthof/press/forensic_confirmation
And that it was made in my grandmother's home town is all the more chilling.

As such here is a quote from a Holocaust-related film:
"Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't. "

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #359 on: February 21, 2009, 12:38:39 am »
Schindler's List - Guessing on this one since I haven't seen it since Sophmore Year in High School - We watched it in our world history class - but I'm pretty sure

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2009, 08:38:29 am »
Schindler's List - Guessing on this one since I haven't seen it since Sophmore Year in High School - We watched it in our world history class - but I'm pretty sure

Correct. The most impactful moments for me:
worst:
the kid who wouldn't let the other kid hide with him in the latrine because it was his safe spot

best:
the end title card that said something like "There are only 4000 Jews still alive in Poland today. There are over 6000 descendants of the Schindler Jews all over the world."

True Trivia:
worst:
The night before the Oscars the year this film swept them, all the newscasts were talking about the film and the Holocaust. That night, members of some Aryan Nation type group in Eugene, and I think they were teens?, fired armor-piercing bullets from semi-automatic rifles through the stained glass of the door of the local synagogue.

most personally fun for me:
The Oscar Night party for this film was thrown by my rich relatives in LA, some type of benefit I think--they sent me a pic of them with Liam Neeson--though I might've lost it among the casualties of one of my apartment floods.

So in honor of that here's a memorable quote of Liam Neeson's
albeit
*major clue!*
as a voice actor:
"Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written. "
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 08:39:22 am by RemSaverem »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #361 on: February 21, 2009, 08:43:20 am »
^ Narnia!!! (Kahlan will hate me for taking this one before she had a chance to, lol)

Here's one from an odd little short, but anyone who can guess it is in my friends book for life, haha.
V "We are lost! I know where we are. We are in the place of lost!"

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2009, 12:02:43 pm »
^ Narnia!!! (Kahlan will hate me for taking this one before she had a chance to, lol)

Here's one from an odd little short, but anyone who can guess it is in my friends book for life, haha.

Correct! And I have no clue. About that quote. But here's one you might enjoy:
We are Samurai... the Keyboard Cowboys... and all those other people who have no idea what's going on are the cattle... Moooo.
This is a movie I definitely want to see again--and I loved its soundtrack at the time.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2009, 12:20:25 pm »

Correct! And I have no clue. About that quote. But here's one you might enjoy:
We are Samurai... the Keyboard Cowboys... and all those other people who have no idea what's going on are the cattle... Moooo.
This is a movie I definitely want to see again--and I loved its soundtrack at the time.

HACKERS! That is one of my top ten favorite movies of all time. I agree, the soundtrack is just lovely, and the movie and characters create an atmosphere I have never been able to feel in any other movie (but The Crow, oddly enough, has come close. That is another one of my favorite films. It's that 90's era goodness, haha)

Here are some hint words for my quote: Talking thumbs. Spoof.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #364 on: February 21, 2009, 02:56:22 pm »
V
Patty: What do you want?
Elaine: I want you to get this lousy bank to lend me some money, or at least extend my MasterCharge limit. Oh, Patty, You've got to help me! I'm broke, flat busted broke. The house and car payments are due on Monday, I need money.
Patty: You know how banks operate. They only lend money to people who don't need it.

Hint: This quote is from a movie made in Eugene, OR

Others filmed here:
Animal House
Personal Best
Stand By Me
5 Easy Pieces

My first quote still stands.  It is not any of the movies listed by Rem above. 
Another Hint about my first quote.  The entire plot is centered around Valley River Center and parts of the movie are shot in said mall, when it was new!  Now I know this pretty much gives it away, but I doubt anyone else has actually seen the movie.   ;D

Well I will assume no one got this one.  The move is titled How to Beat the High Co$t of Living.  I don't know if you can even find a copy of this one in the local video store anymore.  It is a pretty funny comedy, and one of the first films to be filmed in Eugene, Animal House was before it.  Give it a watch sometime and see the VRC as it used to be!  I had almost forgotten that spinning mobile that was in Meyer & Frank where the roof swoops up.   :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #365 on: February 21, 2009, 03:30:57 pm »
@Wuntvor:
I figured yours out, but only by googling for other movies filmed in Lane County, hence providing all with the extra clue of Jane Curtain, rather than posting the answer.

@Eve:
I totally agree, I felt I would've enjoyed living in their world. Only a handful of movies have really had that effect on me.
I didn't know yours but enjoyed googling your new clues, so, to help, here's a quote from what it's a spoof of:
"It's not the same on film is it? I mean, you know it's real, but it's like looking through the lens gives you some sort of protection from what's on the other side."

Hey so Who do you think will win the Oscars? Who do you think should win the Oscars?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:22:20 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #366 on: February 21, 2009, 11:22:40 pm »
THREAD'S BEEN QUIET TOO LONG! WHAT'S UP FOLKS? [/i]To kick start it back to life here's a quote from one of my all-time favorite movies-that-spawned-TV-series (Hey that's a fun trend to start in this thread!):
 "This isn't a hospital. It's an insane asylum. And it's your fault.

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #367 on: February 22, 2009, 12:40:53 am »
@Eve - I knew that sounded familar... IT's from Blair Thum Project as is this line

1: "Maybe it was a woods shark"
2: "But that's not it's natural habitat man"

Heh - I love those flicks, especially Frankenthumb

@Rem
Did you just quote M*A*S*H?

@Everyone

Here's a good one

"Don't quote Dickens in my house!"

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #368 on: February 22, 2009, 03:35:08 am »
"I know what I want because I have it in my hands right now. Do you? Do you know what you want? Beacause you better tell me now if I'm not it."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #369 on: February 22, 2009, 07:53:49 am »
@Eve - I knew that sounded familar... IT's from Blair Thum Project as is this line

1: "Maybe it was a woods shark"
2: "But that's not it's natural habitat man"

Heh - I love those flicks, especially Frankenthumb

Thank you! You got The Blair Thumb, haha. You get moobie points for that. Gotta love those thumbs!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #370 on: February 22, 2009, 11:54:42 am »
Yes, that was M*A*S*H*! YAY!
Gotta check out that Thumb spoof ;)
Moobie points--are they related to Mooby from Dogma??
Don't know your new quotes.
Here's one related to mine above (from a different, but also Oscar-winning, film, based on a novel, and also made into a stageplay):
"Which one of you nuts has got any guts?"

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #371 on: February 22, 2009, 12:22:25 pm »
Gotta check out that Thumb spoof ;)
Moobie points--are they related to Mooby from Dogma??

Yup, Mooby from Dogma, haha. Good eye!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #372 on: February 22, 2009, 03:15:36 pm »
@pep, wasn't that in the new Day the Earth Stood Still? I saw it recently. somewhere...

"Artie: I don't care if you drove through a mountain in Texas. This is New Jersey, and when you play my... when you play my joint, you're just another act. I want some music out'a you characters!
Reno: You want it, Artie? You got it."
Have Fun

Jay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #373 on: February 22, 2009, 05:41:21 pm »
@ jay: I just saw the remake and don't recall that quote.
Googled your new one. Never saw it, but scroll a few messages up re: whom I met ;)
*clue*

@Eve:  ;D I have GOT  to get my hands on copy of the run of Chasing Dogma! Anyone? Anyone?
Related quote <-- clue
from a film many didn't like but I really did:
"The Internet has given everybody in America a voice. For some reason, everybody decides to use that voice to bitch about movies. "

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #374 on: February 22, 2009, 05:51:14 pm »
"I like to watch."
Have Fun

Jay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #375 on: February 22, 2009, 05:53:11 pm »
"I like to watch."

ONE OF THE BEST FILMS OF ALL TIME!!
Being There--line spoken by Chance, the Gardener, mistaken for Chauncy Gardner, played by Peter Sellers. Based on the novel by Jerzy Kosinski, a Holocaust survivor who committed suicide after an impressive career.

Here is a quote, related in 2 ways <--clue + spoiler!

"It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what I feel. The dead are still dead."

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:02:31 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #376 on: February 22, 2009, 08:42:44 pm »
"The Internet has given everybody in America a voice. For some reason, everybody decides to use that voice to bitch about movies. "

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #377 on: February 22, 2009, 09:32:18 pm »

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

YAY! Good catch!!

So here is an often-recited quote from one of the many films skewered (parodied) within Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back!

(male A): "Do you like apples?"
(male B): "Yeah."
(male A): "Well I got her number. How d'ya like *them* apples?!"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:38:36 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #378 on: February 22, 2009, 10:05:50 pm »
Good Will Hunting :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #379 on: February 23, 2009, 09:45:22 am »
Good Will Hunting :)

YAY!
Local color:
" You want me to hold the chicken, huh?"
" I want you to hold it between your knees!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #380 on: February 23, 2009, 09:55:14 am »
Jaybug:  Your Texas mountain/Artie/etc quote: Buckaroo Banzai, Across the 8th Dimension
My favorite lines from that movie:
"Q: WHERE ARE WE GOING?
A: PLANET 10!!

Q: WHEN ARE WE GOING!
A: REAL SOON!"

-and-

"Malfunction, malfunciton - we are STILL over New Jersey..."

and "I like to watch" is from Being There (Peter Sellers!)

...like... to watch ... television

Seems nobody got the "... how sheeps' bladders can be used to predict earthquakes" quote I put up a while ago;
that was from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

OK next quotes:
1) "Emergency, Emergency! (y-)Everybody to get from street!"
2) "We doan' NEED no STEENKIN' Badges!" <- go for the original movie,
not the gag reference in Blazing Saddles.
3) "A keyboard," (finger/knuckle cracks) "how quaint."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:56:38 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #381 on: February 23, 2009, 10:57:06 am »
2) "We doan' NEED no STEENKIN' Badges!" <- go for the original movie,
not the gag reference in Blazing Saddles.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

I'll try and post hints to the quotes i've posted and add some new ones.  Im just sooo lazy it can't be helped.
Team Koga

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #382 on: February 23, 2009, 11:32:34 am »
Buckaroo Banzai, Across the 8th Dimension

chris hadnt seen it so i sat him down and he loved the quote "the duce you say"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:33:26 am by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #383 on: February 23, 2009, 01:57:03 pm »

3) "A keyboard," (finger/knuckle cracks) "how quaint."

^ This is from StarTrek IV - A Voyage Home.  Quote is by Scotty.

"How do we know he dinnit invent the thing?" Is also from the the same scene.

I still think my favorite line from that one is;
Kirk: "Everybody, remember where we parked."   ;D 
or maybe the;
Spock: "Forgive me, doctor.  I am receiving a number of distress calls."
McCoy: "I don't doubt it."

OK here is my next quote for you all:

V
B: "I want to do something for her... but what?"
C: "Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep..."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:15:40 pm by Wuntvor »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #384 on: February 23, 2009, 04:13:45 pm »
V
C: "Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep..."

^ hehehe, Beauty & the Beast! Thanks for quoting that, I adore that movie. One of my favorite Disney classics.

V "Imagine, if you will that you live to 90. You live to 90 years old. You’re born in 1970 and die in 2060. 90 years. You'll be lucky. 90 years is an unusual span. Most people make it to around 70 maybe 80. Some people pop off at 60 or even mid 50's if they really muck themselves up, but statistically speaking you'll probably get away with 71, 72. Let's, for the sake of argument let's say you make it to 90. Now multiply that by 365. You get 32,850. That's it. That's your entire life. Less than 33,000 days. And it gets worse. Subtract 3,650 from that. That's the ten years you don't really live. Say 4 at the beginning and 6 at the end. You're now down to 29,200. But there are 24 hour days, and we've all got to sleep. Some more than others, but the average is 8 hours a night. So say goodbye to a third of your 29,200. You’re now left with 19,466. Less than 3000 weeks. 2,780 to be exact. So... What did you do this week?"

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #385 on: February 23, 2009, 05:16:33 pm »
I liked, show me your nuclear wessels, especially after I heard my ex-wife say wessels! LMAO!

Not Blazing Saddles, UHF, Weird Al's film. Looking for acts to put on air. Micheal Richards of Seinfeld fame was the show stopper. The guy with the trained badgers, didn't make it.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #386 on: February 23, 2009, 05:51:31 pm »
THESE FLOORS ARE DIRTY AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:45 pm »
More Michael Richards in UHF? lol

"See me...
 Touch me...
 Feel me...
 Heal me..."
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #388 on: February 23, 2009, 09:10:07 pm »
V

^ hehehe, Beauty & the Beast! Thanks for quoting that, I adore that movie. One of my favorite Disney classics.

V "Imagine, if you will that you live to 90. You live to 90 years old. You’re born in 1970 and die in 2060. 90 years. You'll be lucky. 90 years is an unusual span. Most people make it to around 70 maybe 80. Some people pop off at 60 or even mid 50's if they really muck themselves up, but statistically speaking you'll probably get away with 71, 72. Let's, for the sake of argument let's say you make it to 90. Now multiply that by 365. You get 32,850. That's it. That's your entire life. Less than 33,000 days. And it gets worse. Subtract 3,650 from that. That's the ten years you don't really live. Say 4 at the beginning and 6 at the end. You're now down to 29,200. But there are 24 hour days, and we've all got to sleep. Some more than others, but the average is 8 hours a night. So say goodbye to a third of your 29,200. You’re now left with 19,466. Less than 3000 weeks. 2,780 to be exact. So... What did you do this week?"

i hope someone tries to get this one, because this movie is fantastic! one of the best random dvd purchases i think i've ever made ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2009, 09:33:52 pm »
"I've got a plan!"
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #390 on: February 23, 2009, 09:42:37 pm »
"I've got a plan!"

potter puppet pals...? lol, if that's it, then that makes me happy ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #391 on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:07 pm »
"I've got a plan!"

Could be Tommy Boy.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #392 on: February 23, 2009, 10:09:37 pm »
Hint: ALL the stars use the line at one point and another in the movie.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2009, 10:54:27 pm »
See me hear me touch me feel me is the at the core of Tommy, the rock opera double LP set turned film turned stage musical by The Who. I saw it at the Hult Center in addition to owning both the original vinyl and the movie soundtrack vinyl and a poorly copied from TV version of the film :)

In response to your "I've got a plan" as stated by all the stars of whatever movie, who about
"I've got a feeling," sung by all the stars of a musical? :) <--Easily one of my very favorite experiences of any kind of media, and something I hope to cosplay from some time, though not an anime.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #394 on: February 24, 2009, 06:53:43 am »
"I've got a feeling,"

It could be bunnies  :o
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2009, 10:05:58 am »
"I've got a feeling,"

It could be bunnies  :o
;)
"Bunnies aren't so cute as everybody supposes, they've got those funny ears and twitchy little noses, and what's with all the carrots, what do they need such good eyesight for anyway?! Bunnies, bunnies, bunnies! It must be bunnies!! (or maybe midgets)"

Yes that's "The Buffy Musical" i.e. "Once More with Feeling".

A related quote from a fun related movie <--big clue:

"Silly rabbit. My triumph isn't over her. It's over you."

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2009, 10:40:21 am »
"I've got a plan!"

Kevin Bacon in Tremors?
Team Koga

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2009, 07:34:58 pm »
Ding ding ding ding ding
Winnah! Tremors! I really liked that movie. Even if it was like a B movie. I guess that is what actors are for, to turn a schlock film into a fun movie.

"You don't remember your name?
  No, but for some reason I remember yours."
Have Fun

Jay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2009, 03:13:00 pm »
No clue.

Question: If I start putting up quotes from documentaries, would that be too hard? Or not to anyone's interest?

From the recent film I watched last night:
"Only unfulfilled love can be romantic."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #399 on: February 25, 2009, 04:54:53 pm »
You mean putting up quotes from cult classics isn't hard enough? You want to narrow it down to only 2 people can play this thread, down from 4?

Here's a thought, how about we post a film title, and the next person has to jot down a quote. And to try not to use IMDB quotes for aid? Like, Jaws, "we're gonna need a bigger boat." Just do this backwards. Dunno.
Have Fun

Jay