Author Topic: The Smurfs The Cartoon, would they count for a Cosplay?  (Read 2598 times)

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
The Smurfs The Cartoon, would they count for a Cosplay?
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:57:16 am »
Yeah, so that little old cartoon called "The Smurfs". Would they count as a cosplay for Kumoricon? I think it'd be quite fun if anyone would cosplay with me.  That is the Smurfette... and either than her and Papa Smurf, they all look the same.

So, would the Smurfs count?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:58:03 am by misaxamane »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: The Smurfs The Cartoon, would they count for a Cosplay?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:29:19 am »
"Cosplay (コスプレ, kosupure?), short for "costume play", is a type of performance art whose participants outfit themselves, with often-elaborate costumes and accessories, as a specific character"

So according that quote yes it is. Also I wanted to say if you are going to do that I suggest going with kryolan theatrical paint for the blue. It's friggin' great. http://www.kryolan.com/en/index.php?cid=109&mnu=32&id=87&pageid=1

WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:05:51 pm »
Sweet. I was thinking of just going with my skin color. It'd be a pain to re-do it every time you'd sweat or get water on your skin. :/

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 12:17:32 pm »
Yes! Definitely cosplay!  I count cosplay as being anything but yourself while wearing a character's costume and accessories. You'll have to act like the character too in my definition of cosplay. LOL. I think she would be a fine choice, but being blue for several days may be difficult.

Have at it!
And so it begins...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 12:35:29 pm »
Sweet. I was thinking of just going with my skin color. It'd be a pain to re-do it every time you'd sweat or get water on your skin. :/

That stuff is pretty good at staying on. A friend of mine walked around all day at Kumoricon with it on and had to touch up once.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 12:37:10 pm »
I'll just stay my color. :) I'm looking for any older cartoons. Anime wise I'm looking toward Misa. Me and my friend are going to cosplay as Misa and Light. We have a very ghetto Death Note at the moment. Now we just need a pen. 0.0

oslapedo

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 03:41:47 pm »
If you don't paint yourself blue you won't look too much like a smurf =O

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 04:55:32 pm »
Makes me think of a funny story,  My mom, sister, and aunt went on a cruise down in Mexico.  My mom bought a really nice blue dress that was light weight, because of the extreme heat.  Well, to make a long story short, it rained, and the dye from the dress dyed her blue from the neck to her ankles.  This is not the recommended way to make yourself blue.   ;D

If you do decide to paint yourself blue remember this:  NO GLOMPING ALLOWED!!  My wife had a very fun time trying to get some of the make-up off of our Silver the Hedgehog mascot costume.  Please don't hug a large white furry thing if you are covered in make-up!  One look at Mojo-Jojo had her quaking with fear.   :o  NO TOUCHIE!
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline misaxamane

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 11:00:23 am »
So, for the rest of the cruise, what smurf was she?

(haha smurf  humour)

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 12:01:11 am »
You can cosplay anything you want. like last year there were a few Waldos running around
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Rikku

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 09:27:59 pm »
What about Rainbow Bright? :D

Offline Kawaii Punkd

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 01:49:54 pm »
Yeah, there was a Rainbow Bright and a friend at Sakura. They looked superb~ I was gonna take a pic, but then my camera died on me T_T
MAX'in it from Beaverton all 3 days~

Offline IchigoBunny

• Sailor Scout
    • Ichigobunny's deviant art
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:03:56 am »
I'll just stay my color. :) I'm looking for any older cartoons. Anime wise I'm looking toward Misa. Me and my friend are going to cosplay as Misa and Light. We have a very ghetto Death Note at the moment. Now we just need a pen. 0.0
how bout my little pony? if i just made a page for it on here! im looking for people to cosplay with me.