Author Topic: First Cosplay Creation  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
First Cosplay Creation
« on: February 01, 2009, 10:21:30 am »
I'm way excited I just had to post it. I've been going to Cons since I was a freshman I think (now a senior) and i've always bought my costumes. I'd always say "I'll make one next year" haha. Well I finally am! I'm making my first cosplay ever! I'll be Lilly Pendragon from Suikoden III, and it's actually going quite well haha.

Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
Re: First Cosplay Creation
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:02:01 pm »
Welcome fellow cosplay creator! It's a lot of fun making your own costume. That feeling of being proud when it is done is totally awesome! I think I saw you last year as CCS, but not sure...there were a few... Anyways, good luck! I should start mine...soon lol.
And so it begins...

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:59:58 pm »
 :o that looks like a fun one to make ^_^ I wish you luck on that

I'm making part of my costume this year my mom is making the rest for me. I'm good at sewing but if I made my own it wouldn't fit me it would fit like barbie or some doll I'm not the greatest at sizes and stuff lol.

This will be my very first con also so I'm a little nervous

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 06:13:37 pm »
:o that looks like a fun one to make ^_^ I wish you luck on that

I'm making part of my costume this year my mom is making the rest for me. I'm good at sewing but if I made my own it wouldn't fit me it would fit like barbie or some doll I'm not the greatest at sizes and stuff lol.

This will be my very first con also so I'm a little nervous

I assure you there is nothing to be nervous about! It's super fun once you get to the con! You will absolutely love every second of it! Good luck to you to for your first cosplay debut!
And so it begins...

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:20:08 pm »
I've heard there a lot of fun almost got to go last year but my friends said they weren't going at the last minute. and I got to talking with my Cousin who's been before and she said i would love it and wanted to take me ^_^

I just really hope my costume turns out good

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 10:37:00 pm »
I've heard there a lot of fun almost got to go last year but my friends said they weren't going at the last minute. and I got to talking with my Cousin who's been before and she said i would love it and wanted to take me ^_^

I just really hope my costume turns out good

Your cousin is absolutely right! And you have plenty of time between now and the con to "finalize" your costume!  I certainly hope you can make it to the con; it is one unforgettable experience! :3
And so it begins...

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 09:04:23 am »
I know for sure I'm going to the coon hopefully I'll see you guys there ^_^

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 07:24:04 pm »
Oh thank you so much! I've been soo busy with school right now because it's my senior year and i'm working hard on graduating haha. More like working on scholarships at this point. Anyway thank you so much!

Does anyone have an idea on how to make the "belt"? I thought about putting belts together but i need long ones and it's hard to find them.
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 12:03:43 pm »
good luck with school ^_^ and you're welcome.

I think putting belts together would be a good idea. Good will and other 2nd hand stores always has good belt but sometimes not good ones also. Just have to look at them and their for like 1 doller or more good prices too ^_^ Ross also has some but hard to find what your looking for too. or you could try and by some leather or pleather and make your own.