Author Topic: Slayers Cosplay 09  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
Slayers Cosplay 09
« on: February 07, 2009, 05:08:32 pm »
I made a thread like this for last years con, but what the heck - we need another one! How many peeps are going as Slayers characters, or who would you like to go as if you could? I'm starting this thread earlier this time, so we all have time to chat and plan things out. ^^

I'll admit something though - this topic has another purpose: I really REALLY need help getting a Gourry cosplay! I tried getting one at Limebarb's last year, but that didn't turn out so well (don't even get me started). I can't sow or craft to save my life, so I would be eternally and EXTREMELY grateful if someone could push/shove me in the direction of someone who can (cosplay stores on ebay, web, commission sites, etc.)

Oh, and we can also chat about the new season(s) of Slayers while I wait for cosplay help.. Anyone else out there have a thing or two to say about Revolution and Evolution-R? :3
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
Re: Slayers Cosplay 09
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:10:53 pm »
*Bonks self on head* D'oh - I almost forgot! I should probably get reference pics if people want to help me out, shouldn't I? *Scratches head* Well, I guess if anyone is gonna commission for me, then I'll PM pics. I can't believe I almost forgot that - what a Jellyfish moment! xD

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 10:58:43 am »
*Plays with Hikari no ken* Sigh. I wish I had the Blast sword, too... D:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:00:23 am by Gourry Gabriev kun »

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Meeko

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 07:17:26 pm »
Hey!  It's another Slayers fan!! :)

Well if I can get some time in I was either wanting to make a OAV Lina Inverse costume or a Luna Inverse costume by the time of K-Con.  I have a ton of great ideas for both, but a lack of time and funds :'(

It's exciting that you are working on a Gourry!  I'd love to help, but most of my resources are tied up at the moment.  Regardless, keep  posting with what you are focusing on!!  I'm not too good at crafting/sewing, but I have been known to make something ok once in a while.

I've only caugh random parts of Revolution and Evolution-R (and only sub'd in spanish, none the less!) so if you have a good source to view them, please let me know! :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:35:19 pm by Meeko »
~Meeko
Cosplay.com Member #160102

Offline Meeko

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 04:38:56 pm »
I was also just thinking about it and there might be someone who could help you with the sword on the Star Wars 501st forum, or even the local 501st Cloud City Garrison.  I could scrunge up some names or you could check it out at <www.cloudcitygarrison.com>. :)
~Meeko
Cosplay.com Member #160102

Offline cosplay_manda

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 11:16:35 am »
Greetings fellow slayers fans!
My sister and I shall be resurrecting our Slayers cosplay this year. We had put them into semi-retirement, however, we'll be wearing Lina and Xelloss and Sakura Con 09 and hopefully *fingers crossed* by Kumori Con we shall have an Amelia to go along with the group. It'd be great to do some group shots at K-con! Good luck with your Gourry cosplay!

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 10:37:06 pm »
I won't be cosplaying from slayers but I hope to see alot of slayers cosplayers since slayers is amazing.

Always Bored, contact my msn if you want to chat.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 02:03:49 pm »
Have all the cosplayers for Slayers been decided yet? Because, if so I would love to get some pictures, especially Lina x Xelloss ones taken!