Author Topic: Commission help!  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
Commission help!
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:48:46 pm »
H'Okay - I made a thread for this earlier, but seeing as how the title was about Slayers, I don't think people will find it... My mistake! xD

Anywho, I am a desperate, sad little person that can't sow or make anything; and that really sucks for me, because the cosplay I want is a little tricky (well, the armor is). I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a good commission website/person that could make me a cosplay of this guy:

Yay, it's Gourry! I need the WHOLE cosplay (except the sword, but I do need the sheath). It would be super cool if boots and the wig were included, but if not, I could live with that (I can get the wig from cosworx and the boots from someother place or whatever).

Thank you all in advanced for helping a poor ol' mercenary like me out!
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
Re: Commission help!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 02:11:07 pm »
Here are some more pics:

I'll post more later (I'll try to find one of his back), but I g2g to a movie.

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:49:06 pm »
sawwy.. i don't know anyone to help w/ ur commission, but I'd give you my penny of thoughts.

With former Gourry cosplayers:

The armor reminds me of a football player's padding...if you can find it in black or "make it black" then u'd be on your way. (Me thinks..)

I bid you good luck for I too am a Gourrina fan! ^_^ Kawaii~ There are many options other than sewing. Fabric glue is one such option.
And so it begins...

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:29:52 pm »
Waaah, that's a good cosplay! The neck rim is right even! I just have issues with the armor most, because my last cosplay's armor fell apart right away. That idea with the football padding sounds interesting, but I am no good at making my own stuff.

Yaay, Gourrina fans unite! Thank you for the ideas! :D

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:16:14 am »
I found this place from ebay called cosplay-design.net, and it looks really good. Has anyone bought from them? Their stuff looks really nice and seems to be fairly cheap, so... *Scratches chin*

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:14:46 am »
*Sings So In the World to self*

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 10:06:42 am »
*Sings So In the World to self*

Gomen ne! I wish I could help you more! I luv Gourry! And the whole Inverse gang!  ;D

Hey, remember I was talking about football padding? This was what I was talking about:

Seriously, if you could find one within your budget and retouch with black--it's GOURRY TIME!! lolz... And with that, you could "dodge" me, the Gourry Glomping fan! lol. Just don't give me a concussion! Totally kidding!

Good luck with everything, and I hope you can find you "commissioner!" You still have lots of time!   :P
And so it begins...

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 02:01:37 pm »
You seriously have no idea how nice it is to know that there are other Gourry fans out there (other than me and my sister - who is going as Lina and also would benefit from a commission site).

The padding looks really close, but I don't know how I would tweak it.. It's a really good idea, but I'm just going to stick to looking for commission sites.

LOL - I'll watch out for you at the con, then! And thanks for all of your help and support! <3

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 02:48:03 pm »
I found this place from ebay called cosplay-design.net, and it looks really good. Has anyone bought from them? Their stuff looks really nice and seems to be fairly cheap, so... *Scratches chin*
So, Cosplay design got back to me, and they said they could make the cosplay - and the kicker is that they are only going to charge me 125 for the whole cosplay, including shipping! To me, that is a super deal! I still wonder if anyone has any experience with them, to see if I should buy? So far, I'm thinking they pretty promising. <3

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 09:27:59 pm »
Btw, does anyone know a place that commissions boots or bootcovers? I've already been to Cosplay magic, and they said they couldn't do it (even though, Gourry's boots don't look THAT complicated :|)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 08:50:59 am »
Anybody...? :3

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 09:45:54 am »
If you google the name of the commision site and put "reveiws" at the end, then it should come up with online reveiws of them. Also there is a reveiw forum on the cosplay.com forums, which if you searched you would probably be able to find a reveiw for them.

As for boots,

http://www.cosworx.com/home.php?cat=2484
http://www.electriqueboutique.com/womens-shoes/Halloween-Costume-Mens-Pirate-Knee-Boot/CAPTAIN-105-BLK-PU.html

Or just google pirate boots or renaissance boots.

Good luck!
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:30 pm »
Oh my, those boots are PERFECTION! Thank you so much! *Claps gleefully*

And I will definitely give cosplay.com a look for their reviews, thank you thank you! <3

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=