Author Topic: Tired of being single  (Read 17321 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Tired of being single
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2009, 11:51:50 pm »
If I lost fifty pounds, I'd be hospitalized, or incarcerated.
I think you meant committed
No, I meant incarcerated.  I'd beat the crap out of whomever robbed me of $100 in English currency.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2009, 11:53:31 pm »
Ya i am so lost in this forum what is going on???

China bound!!!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2009, 02:37:49 am »
originally it was a guy not liking being single and giving advice / stories to help but it's kinda gone all over the place
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2009, 02:47:01 am »
Whats all this no kissing nonsense? Seriously, if you have a problem sharing a kiss or someone touching you (in a nonsexual way) it just shows that you arent comfortable with yourself let alone someone else, at that point you shouldnt even be having a relationship with others you need to work on yourself first.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2009, 08:20:06 am »
*fighting with cat over keyboard* Not necessarily true, Daxe. That's an accurate generalization in most cases, but everyone has their own reasons. For me it's a maturity thing, I'm not at that level where I can have a physical relationship with someone, and I don't mean just sexual. I think kissing is very personal and I am not ready to share that part of myself with someone right now.
I miss 2010.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2009, 09:45:41 am »
*fighting with cat over keyboard* Not necessarily true, Daxe. That's an accurate generalization in most cases, but everyone has their own reasons. For me it's a maturity thing, I'm not at that level where I can have a physical relationship with someone, and I don't mean just sexual. I think kissing is very personal and I am not ready to share that part of myself with someone right now.

that is awsome that you know this about your self, too often its like playing out in the water and not realizing you can't swim until your feet arn't touching

when getting into serious relationships i give this advice my mom gave me, have high standers, I mean in theory dating is to find some one to spend the rest of your life with, do you want to settle on that?

I was date-less till about 23 and then i met some one perfect for me, it really does happen
I think people have problems seeing it when it happens because it is damn scary
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:46:40 am by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2009, 12:22:31 pm »
Whats all this no kissing nonsense? Seriously, if you have a problem sharing a kiss or someone touching you (in a nonsexual way) it just shows that you arent comfortable with yourself let alone someone else, at that point you shouldnt even be having a relationship with others you need to work on yourself first.
You just earned yourself a frowny face.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2009, 01:20:24 pm »

that is awsome that you know this about your self, too often its like playing out in the water and not realizing you can't swim until your feet arn't touching

Thanks. The water thing- is exactly what my friend is getting herself into and I don't know how to pull her back. I tried to tell her that she was making a mistake, and a lot of people think shes a $lut and I hate that thats how they see her, but when I attempted to say something, to make her try to realize what she was doing, she got very angry and told me she hated me. I mean, I apologized later, even though I still agree with what I said then, but I got told by other people that I just need to back off and let her make her mistakes. Do you know how hard it is to just sit back and watch someone you care about destroy herself?
I miss 2010.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2009, 01:29:38 pm »
Most of the folks who posted that are still young, give them time :P
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2009, 01:51:57 pm »

Do you know how hard it is to just sit back and watch someone you care about destroy herself?

Yes, I do, very much so. Its the guardian characteristic in people like you and me who hate to watch something like that. Unfortunately you cant tell them they are making a mistake because they wont see what you see. Then they will get upset that you think they are destroying their lives. It really is better for the relationship to let them make the mistakes, tell them you realize its their choice and you respect their right to make it. Then when its all done be there to help pick up the pieces, friends need to be there to mend.
You just earned yourself a frowny face.

Perhaps you are too young to be interested in introspective thinking. Tell the truth and get a frowny face? Ill make that trade.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:58:14 pm by Daxe »

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2009, 01:55:32 pm »

With me though, it's not that I'm not comfortable with myself. I think I'm pretty damn awesome. Sure, I have moments where when someone calls me pretty I look at them like they're crazy, but I'm sure everyone does that sometimes. Specially when you think you look like crap, you know?
What happened to be turned around to be a traumatic experience that I'm still working getting over. Not me being uncomfortable in my own skin.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:40:41 pm by K-Rock-InC »
This is my life. These are my choices.

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2009, 03:20:26 pm »

Thanks. The water thing- is exactly what my friend is getting herself into and I don't know how to pull her back. I tried to tell her that she was making a mistake, and a lot of people think shes a $lut and I hate that thats how they see her, but when I attempted to say something, to make her try to realize what she was doing, she got very angry and told me she hated me. I mean, I apologized later, even though I still agree with what I said then, but I got told by other people that I just need to back off and let her make her mistakes. Do you know how hard it is to just sit back and watch someone you care about destroy herself?
I had a similar situation with a cousin of mine. He's gay, yeah I dont care but he was getting into the wrong thing with the wrong crowd and he was doing things I never thought possible for a teen like him.
Now when I visited Texas, I heard about what he was doing and how his parents werent doing anything about it.
You know what I did? (of course this is always my solution)
I kicked his @$$!
Now I know you most likely wouldnt do that to help your friend, but I did because I'm the most violent kid ever and it was fun but more than that I cared about what he was doing that could cost him his future.
He didnt stop what he was doing, but he was doing it less.
You know what I did after that?
I cut my wrist and told him thats my reminder for failing to help him in the only way I knew how.
He quit his crap then.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2009, 05:49:42 pm »
Well, that's pretty ridiculously extreme.  Whatever though--all's well that ends well (I guess?).  If someone I care about is doing something I don't approve of, I just tell them upfront, as if I'm telling them the weather.  If they hear me, then they tend to benefit.  Otherwise, they don't.  I don't really feel the need to go further than that unless they're potentially hurting someone else.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2009, 07:05:13 pm »
dude it will work when it works. I mean currently I'm pretty scared of haveing starting a relationship with people cuz I've had the worst of luck. and VERY bad experiences. One tried to choke me. Another told me me it would be my fault if they kill themselves even though it would never be my fault and I would never be able to forgive myself if they did kill themselves so basicaly they were toying with my emotions and useing it as a way to get me to do what they wanted and eventually I got sick of it and am never gonna talk to them again..... Yeah I dont have good luck.. but I'm okay with being single. So take it from me, the pain of being single is WAYYY better than the pain of someone breaking your heart.

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2009, 08:00:54 pm »
Well, that's pretty ridiculously extreme.
Just wait until I have to save one of my friends/cousins from suicide.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2009, 08:53:39 pm »
I'm sure you'll write them a soothing and thoughtful poem, which will coax them into their senses, right?

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2009, 02:13:41 am »
Trying that s*** with a suicidal person probably won't work.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2009, 08:20:57 am »
he's not really suicidal I think, just manipulative

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2009, 08:45:33 am »
Trying that s*** with a suicidal person probably won't work.
No it wont (I know that, fool). But I would much rather die than watch another friend kill themselves.
Usually I like to stay out of it, but it depends on the person.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2009, 09:44:44 am »
@ Mentaly hillarious ~ exactly, I value life a lot and I dont treat death lightly so I couldnt handle his constant threats to kill himself so I left and never looked back

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2009, 02:43:50 pm »
THIS TOPIC HAVE BEEN SPORKED

Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2009, 09:28:09 pm »
...W T F.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2009, 09:48:18 pm »
Lol @ grammar fail.
I miss 2010.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2009, 11:33:59 pm »
So, why would you dodge a bullet if you can just deflect it?

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2009, 11:40:06 pm »
Looks cool?
I miss 2010.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2009, 11:51:10 pm »
I suppose that counts for a lot.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2009, 12:10:30 am »
Yeah, totally!
I miss 2010.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2009, 12:55:01 am »
It gets you ladies and whatnot.  I guess that even makes it on topic!