Author Topic: K-con Countdown 2009!!  (Read 267716 times)

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
Re: K-con Countdown + end of school count down
« Reply #500 on: June 17, 2009, 12:21:16 am »
That's a good goal to go for. I'm nowhere near a level to be recognized. I'm too shy. lol

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #501 on: June 17, 2009, 08:37:34 am »
I know some people on the forums know me, but that's practically it. I was a regular on the forums, starting like a month before con last year, and only recognized a few people, this year should be much better.
I miss 2010.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #502 on: June 17, 2009, 09:18:37 am »
Going to meet-ups helps a lot. I try to go to as many as I can.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #503 on: June 17, 2009, 09:55:15 am »
Me too, but I forgot about that forum so I've missed a few. XD
I miss 2010.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #504 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:25 am »
The problem for me is that meet-ups don't seem to interest me too much anymore because there are too many immature kids....as long as I know that some of the mature people are going then I will go.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #505 on: June 17, 2009, 12:12:17 pm »
<.< .............. OKAY anyways I'm going to uwajamiwa today YAY ^^!!! But I seriously faltered on my diet NUUUU!!! TT_TT I didnt gain much but still It makes me feel bad haha. And My finger has a blister from my straightener >.< It popped yesterday and hurts like HELL

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #506 on: June 17, 2009, 12:40:26 pm »
The problem for me is that meet-ups don't seem to interest me too much anymore because there are too many immature kids....as long as I know that some of the mature people are going then I will go.

hey us immature kids aren't that bad!
:)
We have fun, even if it makes us look like 7 year olds.

It seems that way :P

The more I go to events and the more I talk on here the more people know me. I like that. I would love to be known for my cosplays. I would love to have people look at a picture of me and be like "I know who that is! She is really good" That is my goal, and I am slowly working towards that.

Most people can do that for you Nikki. I know a bunch of people that'll see pics of you dressed as something else and they'll be all "that was the really good Temari last year, right?" and I'll be like "Yeah, her names Nichole, I've never really talked to her but she seems really awesome" and they just smile and say that they can't wait to see your next cosplay.

I'm also WAY too shy to get noticed. I'll try, but I need people who'll get noticed with me, because I'll freak if I get noticed alone!
Then again, I've only been to 1 con and 2 meet ups, I have to cut myself some slack, I'm still not quite with all of this cosplay stuff yet. But it has inspired me to sew, something that I normally would not be caught dead doing.

It's ok rose! I'm on a diet (it's ok, I'm just eating health foods, and my mom would eat my soul if I weighed anymore, I think if I don't loose weight she's gonna stop feeding me! (she's a health food fanatic, and now weighs less than me thanks to that damned weight watchers)) and I still cheat! You're pretty as is, a few extra pounds isn't gonna affect that!

Katie, out!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:41:12 pm by soundninja12 »
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #507 on: June 17, 2009, 01:05:27 pm »

haha, you're pacing and "con-Growth" is the same as mine. By my third year I was completely disenchanted with the whole meet-up concept for the exact same reason, lol. Phunny.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #508 on: June 17, 2009, 01:27:57 pm »
It seems that way :P

The more I go to events and the more I talk on here the more people know me. I like that. I would love to be known for my cosplays. I would love to have people look at a picture of me and be like "I know who that is! She is really good" That is my goal, and I am slowly working towards that.
xD nikki your already pretty well known.

I wish I could be well known, I mean I have a good amount of friends but it would be fun to be known for my cosplay : ) and mayb ei will after next year with my super top secret ultra cosplays I got two that are going to hopefully blow peoples socks off, problem is one will take me all year to make : / xD
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #509 on: June 17, 2009, 02:10:14 pm »
Yeah I am well known among the Kumoricon people, but I want to be known with everyone across the US. I have high goals XD

And Eve I guess you are right. So that is why you don't go to many events XD

Oh and by the way. Where is the card for today?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #510 on: June 17, 2009, 02:15:58 pm »
Whoo, randomly jumping into this just because it interested it me.

I actually don't like it when people know who I am and I have never met them in my life. I've had people come up to me at random K-con events and at Sakuracon who knew my name and I'd never seen them before. It made me a little uncomfortable. Don't let that put you off talking to me though, just sorry if I seem a little weird at first. I'm just not used to it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:16:15 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #511 on: June 17, 2009, 02:20:24 pm »
Yeah I am well known among the Kumoricon people, but I want to be known with everyone across the US. I have high goals XD

Its hard for Hugh Laurie to be known across the U.S.
Not saying its impossible, but still. America is a big place. So many cosplayers and Anime lovers here @_@

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #512 on: June 17, 2009, 02:21:21 pm »

*secretly my goal as well*

and I'm working on it ) : I'm still really low for pictures again so I'm trying to snag good ones! I mean I have some really good ones but I'm saving em for later like the final ten days

boogie: what if we introduce ourselfs from the forums first? xD

Mentally: K con is house to one cosplayer whos actualy pretty well known across the country and over seas : o

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #513 on: June 17, 2009, 02:27:51 pm »
Ha ha, that would probably be the best way to go about it. I'm not rude about it at all, I just notice that I can be a pretty uncomfortable about the situation. I've just had some internet creepers net-stalk me before and confront me in real life and since then I've been kinda put off by people coming up like they already know me.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #514 on: June 17, 2009, 02:37:03 pm »
that does sound pretty creeper : / I havent had that happen to me. I mean i go to a con and I know a good chunk of people but I dont expect anyone to co e up to me and be all "OMG Hi there Jill Massinger : D" unless they know me enough to know my last and first name ._.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #515 on: June 17, 2009, 02:38:42 pm »
I'm getting there. I think it would be really cool for that to happen. I know it is unlikely.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #516 on: June 17, 2009, 02:42:03 pm »
I think you could do it nikki : ) one thing I want is I want the Ryodans to get pretty well known for our skits, and since your a key player in them it could probaly help boost you up in the fame level.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #517 on: June 17, 2009, 02:47:13 pm »
I'm kinda a key player, so far I am not in any of them.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #518 on: June 17, 2009, 02:54:35 pm »
your in a few of em remeber. ._. your in shadow king, fan girl spray, and a few others i think... but were till not done coming up with some so im sure well find more.

the problem was that you are wearing another cosplay taht day right? i vote you just wear cloud for the skits cause it should only take 1-2 hours then when your done change back. if you dont have a room to store the costumes you can just use mine.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #519 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:50 pm »
Well i am not wearing cloud that day. I am going to wear Kuja. Sorry. As for the kits I never even heard of the shadow king one. I told you earlier that I wasn't wearing Cloud at all on the first day. I don't really want to change either.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #520 on: June 17, 2009, 03:13:36 pm »
hm I see well we shall figure something out xD and i thought you had? i dont know much of it either, its mostly cassi's idea i think : /

perhaps will film those skits seperatly from the con? I dunno we really need to have a meating Thursday. I wanted things to reach full swing this summer but things are starting to fall apart.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #521 on: June 17, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »
I only agreed to being in two skits, I am not really fond of being signed up for things without my permission. If that is what this group is about then I don't want to be part of it. People have been saying that I am going to be in things or be the organizer of stuff without even asking my permission and that really annoys me. I don't like acting in front of other people.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #522 on: June 17, 2009, 03:31:53 pm »
gah x_x ok I need some explaining to be done, you on IM? Were getting kind of off topic then.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #523 on: June 17, 2009, 03:51:40 pm »
I was wondering when we were gonna get back into Ryodan stoof.

1 more day of school for me! 8D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #524 on: June 17, 2009, 03:55:41 pm »
casi meeting tomorrow : ) we now aprently have some serios buisness to get down to ._.

and xD yay your almost done!

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #525 on: June 17, 2009, 04:32:12 pm »
YAY TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! xD
I'm so psyched. :3
I'm going to a big after party afterwards!
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #526 on: June 17, 2009, 06:23:39 pm »
congrats. I am happy to be done with school. Tomorrow is a long day of work though. I work from 12:30 to 9 x.x

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #527 on: June 17, 2009, 06:40:56 pm »
I just got myself an interview tomorrow ._. I was talking to the guy at the check out at the grocery store about summer jobs and he said they were looking for some one and to come by tomorrow morning to talk to his boss O_o huh finnaly something to do!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #528 on: June 17, 2009, 07:02:07 pm »
double post but i almost forgot to do this today  ;D

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #529 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:42 pm »
YAY!

I feel kinda stupid asking this, because of what it is, but whatever.
Who's the well known cosplayer?
It is going to be...

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #530 on: June 17, 2009, 08:57:07 pm »
his names Chris : ) but a lot of the internet knows him as "Black Gai" I met him in real life before i knew how well known he is. but hes known in other countrys as well, and from what I can tell has a bit of a big fan bases. In real life i can tell why hes so awesome xD hes real nice and has great charisma.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #531 on: June 17, 2009, 08:58:32 pm »
Cool :)

I'm happy he's nice.
It is going to be...

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #532 on: June 17, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »
he really is xD i didnt realize he and black gai were the same till i was reading behindinfinitys journal on deviantart ._. he was talkinga bout the famous black gai and how he was thrilled to meet him when he came over seas to america for a con, and i was looking at the pictures like "oh hey thats Chris.... oh wait huh waht now black gai=chris?"

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #533 on: June 17, 2009, 09:38:42 pm »
lol.
I love behindinfinity!
He's pretty cool.
I need to see a picture of Black Gai now.
I bet cha I could find one.
It is going to be...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #534 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:57 pm »
Oh yeah him. I was thinking it was someone else. There are a bunch of other people that are well known too, like Bryce (the really good rude)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #535 on: June 17, 2009, 10:27:53 pm »
It's ok rose! I'm on a diet (it's ok, I'm just eating health foods, and my mom would eat my soul if I weighed anymore, I think if I don't loose weight she's gonna stop feeding me! (she's a health food fanatic, and now weighs less than me thanks to that damned weight watchers)) and I still cheat! You're pretty as is, a few extra pounds isn't gonna affect that!

Aww Thankyou ^^ I think I just went on a splurge to celebrate the end of being a sophmore. YAY for being a JUNIOR now ^^

the problem isnt so much gaining more weight its that the extra junk food makes me feel sick now. I have been eating tons of fruits and healthy stuff so when I spent a day eating breakfast: Pancakes (3 cuz I ruind one and nobody would eat it... big mistake X_X) Lunch: Mac and Cheese (cuz shelby made some for us before we played resident evil) and dinner 1 pancake and 2 peices of bacon and a lot of blue berries.. and then this morning I had french toast X_X thats more junk food than I have had in an entire month. I hate soda now except for strawberry soda and sprite but even then I can only stand like half a glass. I also hate Cheetos now and the only chips I will eat are cheddar and sour cream... I literally kicked the habit by banning the foods from my diet for so long 0.o its so strange... and now junk food makes me feel ill so I would rather eat the healthy stuff, and I'll remember that when my stomach ache goes away >.<

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #536 on: June 17, 2009, 10:33:21 pm »

Aww Thankyou ^^ I think I just went on a splurge to celebrate the end of being a sophmore. YAY for being a JUNIOR now ^^

the problem isnt so much gaining more weight its that the extra junk food makes me feel sick now. I have been eating tons of fruits and healthy stuff so when I spent a day eating breakfast: Pancakes (3 cuz I ruind one and nobody would eat it... big mistake X_X) Lunch: Mac and Cheese (cuz shelby made some for us before we played resident evil) and dinner 1 pancake and 2 peices of bacon and a lot of blue berries.. and then this morning I had french toast X_X thats more junk food than I have had in an entire month. I hate soda now except for strawberry soda and sprite but even then I can only stand like half a glass. I also hate Cheetos now and the only chips I will eat are cheddar and sour cream... I literally kicked the habit by banning the foods from my diet for so long 0.o its so strange... and now junk food makes me feel ill so I would rather eat the healthy stuff, and I'll remember that when my stomach ache goes away >.<

In that case, I'd go with not eating junk food.
Health food used to make me sick.
Now junk food makes my belly feel odd, not bad, but odd.
It is going to be...

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #537 on: June 17, 2009, 10:35:11 pm »

In that case, I'd go with not eating junk food.
Health food used to make me sick.
Now junk food makes my belly feel odd, not bad, but odd.

yeah my belly feels odd right now, I feel odd haha, like I'm gonna expload but not... I dont know how to explain it X_X. But it hurt for a while this morning until I took a jog lol and worked some of it off.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #538 on: June 17, 2009, 11:36:26 pm »
nikki: oh yeah him to : o K con is small but we do have our share of great cosplayers. and the community is growing to.

{EDIT} We also have Winry xD and HORSE MAN cant forget those two!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:37:13 pm by xxxchihiroxxx »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #539 on: June 18, 2009, 09:33:24 am »
Yeah he is really really nice. But there are a bunch of well known cosplayers at kumoricon.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #540 on: June 18, 2009, 10:22:27 am »
RED BEAN PASTE POPSICLES ROCK!!! I'm eating one now. Its sooo good!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #541 on: June 18, 2009, 11:16:35 am »
Never had one...
What's it taste like?
It is going to be...

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #542 on: June 18, 2009, 12:37:42 pm »
its very sweet

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #543 on: June 18, 2009, 02:19:01 pm »
Sounds scary...
It is going to be...

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #544 on: June 18, 2009, 05:28:11 pm »
Bean paste? D:
I miss 2010.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #545 on: June 18, 2009, 06:04:41 pm »
yall are making me hungry! D:

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #546 on: June 18, 2009, 06:10:17 pm »
Bean paste? D:

no, but Popsicles made out of it are... to me anyways.
It is going to be...

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #547 on: June 18, 2009, 06:22:09 pm »
Sounds pretty odd...
I miss 2010.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #548 on: June 18, 2009, 07:44:42 pm »
Their damn good. Its like eating a real fruit Popsicle. ya know with chunks of fruit in it. except this is red beans. used to make takoyaki or dango. mmmmmmm~
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #549 on: June 18, 2009, 08:32:25 pm »
Their damn good. Its like eating a real fruit Popsicle. ya know with chunks of fruit in it. except this is red beans. used to make takoyaki or dango. mmmmmmm~

Thankyou! LoL yush they are really good, very sweet.