Author Topic: The Sakuracon schedule release almost put me in the hospital!  (Read 3626 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Cross posting from the Sakura forums but this is a little amusing.

I saw the schedule was out and decided to look at it. Now I had no idea Yoshitoshi ABe was going to be coming to Sakuracon and I love the guy. I had a little spaz attack and decided to run out into my living room to tell my roommate. Sadly I forgot that I pulled out my homemade lightbox from under my bed to do something and stepped on it, going through two panes of glass. I only ended up getting a few cuts on my feet (and some tiny glass shards stuck in my toes, ow.) but there was a huge shard of glass if I had moved my foot over even a little I would have had it jab through the front of my leg.

I'm going to be getting plastic for repairing my light box so this doesn't happen again ha ha.

Ho' damn, it was scary though. I'm really glad that's all that happened!
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: The Sakuracon schedule release almost put me in the hospital!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 03:34:39 pm »
wow....that is a little funny but I am glad you are ok. I saw the schedule this morning and I was excited too ^_^

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 04:07:28 pm »
Wow now that's major excitement! 0_0 The closest I've had anything big happen like that was when I was going to see someone in concert and I freaked out so much I ran into the screen door to go tell my dad outside. XD

glad your doing okay now though.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 08:16:38 pm »
If you need some Lexan, I've got some I can sell to you.  I got it for DDR pads, but I don't plan on using it.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »
WOOT FOR COMPETITIVE EATING. Who wants to join me
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 08:22:26 pm »
Yeah...oslapedo doesn't think I should look at the schedule because I won't be able to go and it would kill me. And I have to agree. TT~TT It saddens me so to know that I can't go...and I was gonna be cosplaying Road and Mugen...so sad...~dies~ x.x

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:40:37 pm »
@Charles-

Sounds good as long as you can cut it to the size I need, it's safer then friggen' glass. Also I don't know how to get the leftover shards of glass of it so you would have to help me with that too hahahaha.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 11:31:16 pm »
o.o !

Good thing you're alright, glass is definitely not a good thing to stop on. I knocked over a lamp a while ago and stepped on some glass..not fun. <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 12:01:09 am »
@Charles-

Sounds good as long as you can cut it to the size I need, it's safer then friggen' glass. Also I don't know how to get the leftover shards of glass of it so you would have to help me with that too hahahaha.
What size do you need?  I only have 1/4"x11"x11" pieces--cut to size for DDR pads lol. :P  If those won't work though, I'd be happy to help you select a material that won't break, suck, etc.  Lexan's ALWAYS the best bet with Acrylics, unless you want something scratch-resistant.  Then you want a glass surface, backed by plexiglass, reinforced by Lexan. :P

Was the glass glued on there?  If so, a bit of water might take the rest off of there.  If that doesn't work, I recommend using knife to get off what you can, then pulverize the rest with a dremel.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 01:12:54 am »
Never heard of the Sakura Con schedule causing injury to attendees, but there's always a first.

Glad you're ok!