Author Topic: YuGiOh! '09  (Read 56288 times)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: YuGiOh! '09
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2009, 12:20:25 am »
Sweet! Yays for Pony boy!!!!!!

I know, right?! Love childs are fun!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2009, 12:46:20 am »
The con is less than two weeks away!  I have so much to do... orz

But anyway!  I have the LJ community playthedamncard on my watch list, and there was a post today that may be of interest...
The subject line is "Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Video Collage Project!"

Just thought I'd mention it, considering it says cosplay is allowed so long as there's official merchandise along with you~

Uploadedhttp://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/dice4ever/Duke%20Devlin pics of Duke.... I am not wearing bonding... I do it tonight
Nice :D  I like the details~

I was gonna consider Crow, but dont have the money for him at the moment
Money...!  *shakesfist*
You could always add it to a to-do list~!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now get to attend all 3 days of the con! *flails around very excited*

So I'm bringing my Pegasus costume with me!!! >o<

(hopefully I can Got2Bglue my wig in time for the con...)
!!!  Awesome!   :D

Aaaand glad to hear that cosplays are coming together!
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2009, 01:08:33 am »
The con is less than two weeks away!  I have so much to do... orz

But anyway!  I have the LJ community playthedamncard on my watch list, and there was a post today that may be of interest...
The subject line is "Yu-Gi-Oh! 10th Anniversary Video Collage Project!"

Just thought I'd mention it, considering it says cosplay is allowed so long as there's official merchandise along with you~
We should totally submit a shot of all of us when we do the photoshoot! The courthouse would work!

And again, I will mention that I am holding a Yu-Gi-Oh! bowling meet up this sunday. Please come, it will be a chance to meet some other YGO! fans and cosplayers, and we'll have loads of fun! Go here to find out more!
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=10838.0

Oh! And just to entertain you all.....COWKURA!!!!!!
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Kumoricon%20Events/Hanging%20Out/funstuffs077.jpg
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2009, 01:16:17 am »
Exactly.  And so long as we have cards visible, it'll qualify!

This Sunday...maybe.  I'll keep it in mind and see how much stuff I have left on Aki ('cause let's face it, she's taking the most time out of anyone else) before saying for sure.  :D  It sounds fun, though!  *stalks that thread*

...xD

KumoriCon 2014

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2009, 01:23:49 am »
And duel disks if people have them! I wonder how many people we'll have...? I hope at least 10!

Yays! I hope you can come! You could probably get away with wear your wig and similar clothing. I'm debating if I'm gonna wear pants or not, cuz let's face it, bowling + mini skirt = something I don't want...Especially since Joey will be there...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2009, 01:41:53 am »
At least five, that's for sure~!  xD

Well...if I finish styling it by then.  xD  Right now it's still as it came.  (Which is sad, considering I got it at least four months ago...)  I'd more likely go as Kiryu or Rally at this point.  :3

You could always get some shorts or something to put under it.  I got some black ones for Aki and I have them on every time I wear a skirt now.  xD  They're really short, but hey, at least they won't show from under the costume.  :P

KumoriCon 2014

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2009, 01:50:07 am »
lol
I'm the opposite...I styled them once I got them. Though I've restyled all of them at least once. I'm working on Roxas right now...And I still need to finish Mai...

True. I think I actually have purple bike shorts that are similar in color...That, or I'll just wear black.

You should Kiryu, btw. He's freaking awesome!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2009, 04:13:19 am »
I'm just a hideous procrastinator.  xD
...Come to think of it, I was going to make Aki's hair...decoration tonight.  Whoops.
Thankfully Aki-wig is the hardest.  Rally will be easy, and Kiryu is glorious as-is.  Color is perfeeect...and I'm considering getting a haircut like it.  Cuter than I thought it would be~

Words of wisdom found on Cosplay.com:  "Beware of fanboys, wear shorts"  xD

He'd definitely be easiest to move around in!  I was leaning toward him anyway, so I might just go as him if I can make it.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2009, 12:11:39 pm »
So Originally I was going to use a Doma Duel Disk because My friend was going to be Keith who only used the battle city/normal one. So now since she can't be him should I still use the Doma Duel disk or the regular one for Rex Raptor? He's used both so I don't see it as an issue to which one he uses, but I do want to know which would be better for me to use for con.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2009, 01:14:45 pm »
@Kotoumi, I'm the same way. Sven was the one I had "done" first, but it's actually the one that will be finished last. I just have to hem the suit...

His hair would look cute on a girl...That'd be cool! I did the same. I drew a picture for the mascot contest (sadly didn't get done in time) and then I got my hair cut to look like it XD

lol So true. And I will!

Sweet. Him bowling will be fun!

@tofu, you should bring both so you can use one and one of us could use the other *hinthint*
But, I'd say use which ever you like more.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2009, 02:04:04 pm »
Is someone out of a duel disk? I can totally let someone borrow it for con if they have their own deck(which most likely everyone does)XD.
da/tumblr

Offline Shingami_lover

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Facebook
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2009, 03:00:35 pm »
I have disk but the Mutt has already asked to borrow it!
~2016~
Sasuke Uchiha, Kanda Yuu
Touka, Michiru,
and Haha

~Panels~
Anime Court 16, 14, 13 - Chess Master 2014

DicePanda Cosplay, Cosplayers of Oregon, Brothers United Productions

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2009, 03:07:35 pm »
@Kotoumi, I'm the same way. Sven was the one I had "done" first, but it's actually the one that will be finished last. I just have to hem the suit...

His hair would look cute on a girl...That'd be cool! I did the same. I drew a picture for the mascot contest (sadly didn't get done in time) and then I got my hair cut to look like it XD

lol So true. And I will!

Sweet. Him bowling will be fun!
Got you beat there.  I didn't even really start working on my costumes until this month.  :D;  (At least I didn't do what I did in past years and wait until the week of...)
[...When was this anything to be proud of?  xD]

Well, I asked my friends on Facebook and they told me to do it after I posted a picture of me in my Kiryu wig, so I might.  xD  I still have to make the headband/bandanna before I can trim the bangs, though.  :P
Cool  :D  Too bad it didn't meet the deadline, though.  =/

Is someone out of a duel disk? I can totally let someone borrow it for con if they have their own deck(which most likely everyone does)XD.
I don't.  xD  My deckbuilding skills are worthless.  Closest I have are video games and a starter deck in Japanese full of Yuusei cards.
...But I did just eBay some Aki cards last night.  Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right guys?  8D

If only they made 5D's-era Duel Disks.  At this point, I'd have to get one from GX and destroy it in the alteration process.  xD

KumoriCon 2014

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2009, 04:39:31 pm »
I don't.  xD  My deckbuilding skills are worthless.  Closest I have are video games and a starter deck in Japanese full of Yuusei cards.
...But I did just eBay some Aki cards last night.  Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right guys?  8D

If only they made 5D's-era Duel Disks.  At this point, I'd have to get one from GX and destroy it in the alteration process.  xD
I know right. Well the show still doesn't have much merchandise out anyways. I mean the most popular mode of dueling for that show is on runner's. But they can't make those. >_< no matter how cool it would be. But The disk's should totally be a go if they just get their butts in gear and produce them.
da/tumblr

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2009, 04:45:43 pm »
I fail for getting my computer taken away. Fail.

Oh, dearest Kotoumi, if you come cosplay bowling, you should most definitely be Kiryuu, because I might end up going as work in progress Crow. Very few of the other Yu-Gi-Oh! fans will know who we are, and we will be wonderful one-half Team Satisfaction outcasts.

'Kura Cow is amazing! XD And, I'm so glad that people finally posted pictures! :) These are the ones I actually like of me:

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Kumoricon%20Events/Hanging%20Out/funstuffs034.jpg
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Kumoricon%20Events/Hanging%20Out/funstuffs039.jpg
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Kumoricon%20Events/Hanging%20Out/funstuffs045.jpg

;D

I wonder if anyone else has posted any of their videos or pictures. Arr. I love how, in the fight video between Crow and Cow, you can see the top of Bakura's head going by, like, twice. XD

And now for some XD-ing. I plan on cosplaying Yuusei next year as of this moment…and, before I lost my laptop, I asked a wig commissioner for a quote on a Yuusei wig. Her price? $210. I’m not going to say anything more…just let that soak in. If anyone mentions any combination of “Yuusei” and/or “wig,” I crack up laughing. I’m crazy enough to buy this wig, though, I think… x_x
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2009, 07:01:18 pm »
:( *ish pouting* my Yami wig isnt even close to being started yet. And my Kaiba's wig isnt here yet still (which i need to style for her) i have alot of stuff to do still...

Oh the up side tho my puzzles basicaly done and Im gonna be Yami with my Kaiba at the photoshoot ^^
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2009, 08:00:14 pm »
On the subject of the card game: I'm quite a good duelist, and am awesome at deckbuilding (especially when it comes to building it around a theme as well as around power and adaptable strategy; ironicly, that's the same way that I've built decks for the Pokémon card game, too...LOL).

About duel disks: Lucky me that Pegasus has never used one...heh heh. And anyways, only one that I've got available is the Doma one (and it belongs to my sister). And concerning the 5Ds-era ones - good chance that they'll be available in stores come Christmas time (seen it in an issue of Shonen Jump).

@ Kotoumi = I'm just as lazy at cosplay. My Pegasus costume was a true-blue "SakuraCon Miracle", because I'd gotten the red pants and shirt material just 3 days before the con... X__X

@ devyrae = Good luck and hope you wigs arrive/get done in time!
~Proudly a hardcore Naruto, YYH, TTGL, and Yu-Gi-Oh! fangirl~

+Head Captain of the Umbrella Duelists cosplay group+

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2009, 08:10:07 pm »
And concerning the 5Ds-era ones - good chance that they'll be available in stores come Christmas time (seen it in an issue of Shonen Jump).
........-wants one-
-_-;;

I hope their not too expensive. Which they shouldn't be since their just coming out.
da/tumblr

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2009, 10:05:01 pm »
I know right. Well the show still doesn't have much merchandise out anyways. I mean the most popular mode of dueling for that show is on runner's. But they can't make those. >_< no matter how cool it would be. But The disk's should totally be a go if they just get their butts in gear and produce them.
That's true.  Mostly cards and action figures at the moment.  (Not that I don't love me some cards~)
I've seen pictures of a life-size replica of Yuusei's bike, but I don't think it actually runs.  xD  Would be cool if it did, buuuuut~

Guh.  At this rate I'm either going to destroy a GX duel disk or build one of my own for Aki in the future.  >_>;  I want a magenta duel disk, dangit.

I fail for getting my computer taken away. Fail.

Oh, dearest Kotoumi, if you come cosplay bowling, you should most definitely be Kiryuu, because I might end up going as work in progress Crow. Very few of the other Yu-Gi-Oh! fans will know who we are, and we will be wonderful one-half Team Satisfaction outcasts.

'Kura Cow is amazing! XD And, I'm so glad that people finally posted pictures! :) These are the ones I actually like of me:

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Kumoricon%20Events/Hanging%20Out/funstuffs034.jpg
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Kumoricon%20Events/Hanging%20Out/funstuffs039.jpg
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Kumoricon%20Events/Hanging%20Out/funstuffs045.jpg

;D

I wonder if anyone else has posted any of their videos or pictures. Arr. I love how, in the fight video between Crow and Cow, you can see the top of Bakura's head going by, like, twice. XD

And now for some XD-ing. I plan on cosplaying Yuusei next year as of this moment…and, before I lost my laptop, I asked a wig commissioner for a quote on a Yuusei wig. Her price? $210. I’m not going to say anything more…just let that soak in. If anyone mentions any combination of “Yuusei” and/or “wig,” I crack up laughing. I’m crazy enough to buy this wig, though, I think… x_x

Of course!  We team members have to stick together!  Though if there are any kids around, I wouldn't put it past them to recognize Crow and "Kalin"  xD

........Yuusei wig.
And I'm going to take a stab in the dark by saying that's a pretty good price for how much work something like that needs.  Maybe.  I don't know.  orz

On the subject of the card game: I'm quite a good duelist, and am awesome at deckbuilding (especially when it comes to building it around a theme as well as around power and adaptable strategy; ironicly, that's the same way that I've built decks for the Pokémon card game, too...LOL).

About duel disks: Lucky me that Pegasus has never used one...heh heh. And anyways, only one that I've got available is the Doma one (and it belongs to my sister). And concerning the 5Ds-era ones - good chance that they'll be available in stores come Christmas time (seen it in an issue of Shonen Jump).

@ Kotoumi = I'm just as lazy at cosplay. My Pegasus costume was a true-blue "SakuraCon Miracle", because I'd gotten the red pants and shirt material just 3 days before the con... X__X
I think I fit more under the "collector" type than anything.  xD  YGO is honestly the first card game I've bothered to learn more than a few rules for (other than Neopets in middle school.  Failed pretty hard at that one, too.).  Pokemon was just too hard for me to understand for some reason.  xD
...This may be the reason why I've been sticking to the video games.  I have no strategy other than "HEY this has an effect I should probably use this to my advantage eventually and hope it doesn't get destroyed."  orz

...!!  That would be in time for SakuraCon fjwoejgkwagl  Please excuse my fanspaz.  :D;

Yikes.  o_O  I think you win now.  xD;  Con-miracles like that are pretty awesome, though.  I finished Mana Friday night of the con last year.  :D;

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #319 on: August 21, 2009, 08:11:47 am »
Since my Wii does not agree with massive messages, I'm not quoting. XD

It would be so cute if kids did recognize us! And we're just like, "Remember to brush your teeth, and listen to mommy and daddy, and do good in school." And then they're like, "Dude, we aren't five. We're like twelve." XD And they throw their drinks in our faces.

Meh. Here's the full quote she gave me:

Base Styling Fee: $20
Base Wig (High Quality Kanekalon Fibers): x1 - $45
Extensions: x5 - $30
Custom Color: $50
Hours Required: x5 at $10/hour - $50
Shipping: $15

Total: $210

She added a custom color fee because she surmised that Yuusei's hair is a very dark gray, rather than actually black. And, judging by her other work that I've seen, her work is really nice. Smooth, and tidy. I'm just not sure $210 is...I don't know, worth it?

The Bakura costume that dark_master sold was right about $150, and it came with the striped t-shirt, trenchcoat, wig, and his Thief King costume. Comparatively, I just find $210 for a wig...kind of insane. Even more so if the Yuusei costume I buy or make ends up costing less than the wig. You know? A friend of mine once told me (who's been cosplaying for years) that he'd never pay over fifty dollars for a wig, and, I guess that phrase has always kind of stayed in my conscious. When I tell him about this, he's going to spit all over me. XD

I can't remember the commissioner's website, but, if I do, I'll show you, or something, so you can see if, judging by her previous works, it's worth that much. Judging by what you know right now - the individual pricing, and the dynamics of Yuusei's hair - do you personally think that $210 is a reasonable price?

Another good fact to note is that the commissioner requires a base fee ($20, I think, or around that), but she offers/accepts payment plans, so, maybe it would seem like it doesn't cost so much if I only have to pay, like, $40 a month. XD

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #320 on: August 21, 2009, 04:52:21 pm »
o.O wow i say thats alot just for the wig. If she made the wig and costume for that price then it might be worth it. but that price is alittle high.. Maybe you can find someone who will do commissions cheeper..?
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #321 on: August 21, 2009, 05:06:17 pm »
@Ake~ ...And then I would pull out my crazyfaces and attempt Kiryu's crazylaugh just to freak them out.  xD  Or maybe not.
But really, it would still be fun.  You think I should bring those Infernity cards I got in Stardust Accelerator?

Wow, five packs of extensions?  That's a lot of fake hair.  o_O  I'm not criticizing, but still, wow.
Price for custom color doesn't surprise me as much as it probably should, especially if they're using the Sharpie method (it takes a lot of Sharpies and rubbing alcohol).

But if you want to shave a bit off the price, you could probably just ask for a black wig if you don't mind doing something like that.

Your friend might be talking about base wigs, though, which would be about right around that price.  (Except I went to a local wig store and ended up buying one for $80...x_X)  I can't tell for sure, of course~

I think you should do what you want, honestly.  Make a list of pros and cons or something, just to make it easier to reach a decision.  It is your costume, after all.  =]

@Devyrae~  It's...honestly not all that crazy, in my opinion.  I don't do wig commissions, but I do know that it's usually a "you get what you pay for" deal.  Higher price = higher quality - of course, so long as it's not something absurd like $500.  Aaaand the people doing it usually need to make money somehow.  =]

Also, I got handcuffs today for Kiryu and Rally's hat.  (/o_o)/  Yaaaay.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2009, 05:12:57 pm »

@Devyrae~  It's...honestly not all that crazy, in my opinion.  I don't do wig commissions, but I do know that it's usually a "you get what you pay for" deal.  Higher price = higher quality - of course, so long as it's not something absurd like $500.  Aaaand the people doing it usually need to make money somehow.  =]

Oh ok. Ive never got a commission so i wouldnt know ^^" i was just going by what i normally pay on wigs. But if they are higher quality then it might be worth it :]
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2009, 05:19:41 pm »
Oh ok. Ive never got a commission so i wouldnt know ^^" i was just going by what i normally pay on wigs. But if they are higher quality then it might be worth it :]
I've never gotten a commission, either, but I've done some research.  C:

But yeah, just plain wigs that you get from a store are way, way cheaper than the ones people style for you.  =]  Especially with YuGiOh hair.
Which is notorious for being insane and gravity-defying.  xD

KumoriCon 2014

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #324 on: August 21, 2009, 05:33:20 pm »
I'd rather style the wig myself. It just makes me feel better when I do something myself and even if it looks crappy....okay, I don't like that...

Koto!!!!! You need to come to bowling!!!! And note that the time may be moved to noon or possiblly later...

9_9
Working on Mai wig right now...It's gonna eat me >A<

Just found this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20icon/kagome98/funnyseto.gif?o=328
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:05:18 pm by nekovamp13 »
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #325 on: August 21, 2009, 10:43:07 pm »
Hey guys, has the day/time of the photoshoot been finalized?

I need to know which day I'm going to 'flit about and be fruity' (LOL... >o<).

Perhaps maybe it could be on Sunday? That'd be nice. ^_^

(and I'm thinking that a good time for it would be at 2pm)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:45:16 pm by Lady Shinsei »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #326 on: August 21, 2009, 10:49:30 pm »
I already set it for Monday @ 3:30...And this was a while ago, so it probably won't change. Sorry if that ruins any plans. But would still love to have you there!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #327 on: August 21, 2009, 10:54:52 pm »
Oh! No, that's not a problem at all. Nice to know it's been officially set, and rather fitting (like how I always have the Yu-Gi-Oh photoshoot at SakuraCon be on the last day of the con...).

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #328 on: August 21, 2009, 11:03:47 pm »
lol
So, guess we'll see you there?
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #329 on: August 22, 2009, 10:56:07 am »
@ Kotoumi: XD, I'm finally doing the "@" thing. Wheneeeever I write or think of your username, I always write it as "Koutoumi." /ifail And I just wrote a massive paragraph explaining why, but deleted it. /epicfail

KIRYUU'S LAUGH WOULD BE SO WONDERFULLY EPIC. And then I would pick up the children and bring them to my base and teach them life-lessons via Duel Monsters cards. And it would be beautiful. Yeah, though, you should totally attempt Kiryuu's laugh. It's so beautifully psychotic. :)

I say bring all your 5D's cards (I plan on bringing all of my 5D's cards, but, it's not like I have too many...I plan on bringing the set of Skull Flame cards I got from Wheelie Breakers, though, so... Also, if you're willing to sell or trade any of your cards, you should definitely bring them! Like, if you have any, you know, bird or occult or Rainbow Beasts cards...XD).

Yeah, I was thinking about just a black wig...I've never seen anyone with a dark gray wig rather than black, anyway, and, maybe his hair really is black, and the lighting in 5D's always gets really distorted. KIRYUU'S HAIR IS REALLY PURPLE, AND CROW'S IS RAINBOW.

But, yeah...I definitely plan to get back to her about this...eventually. When I can...

I'm soo bad at decisions, is the thing, though... I don't really have a thought process, so, I tend to say things and do things without thinking.

Haaaandcuffs?! Are they fake, or real? (I'm reading "Gerald's Game," and, it's just like...you could totally get handcuffed to something somewhere, and noo~body's around to help.) Do you have any rope at your house? XD I'll rummage in our garage, but, who knows. I do have golden-ish yarn, though, that we could try to use IF YOU BRING YOUR HANDCUFFS. XD

@ Devyrae: That is a lot, isn't it. D: I was actually going to get a quote from Solgoo for both a costume and wig, but I got my laptop taken away before I could, and, trust me, it would be ha~rd to do via Wii. XD Definitely possible, but difficult. I also had a few other wig sites that I was going to get quotes from, but, yeah, computer got taken away. Argh.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #330 on: August 22, 2009, 10:26:54 pm »
Well, I hope you don't get ripped off. That would be horrible DX

So, if you're coming to the bowling tomorrow, you'll see my complete costume ^^, but for you who won't, I'll just show you my finished wig: http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Me%20Myself%20and%20I/Cosplay/Mai%20Valentine/maihairupdate004.jpg
It's messy and I was soooooo tired afterwords...I'm brushing it tonight and hopefully that'll make it look better, but I'd like comments on it please?
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2009, 04:51:47 pm »
lol
So, guess we'll see you there?

Heck yeah... no way would I miss out on this.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #332 on: August 25, 2009, 01:29:13 am »
Bowling was fun! I wish my wig would stay on, though...
*glares*

So, I need to fix wig, since it kinda got banged up in the truck...And then work out to try and trim down tummy and legs...fun...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2009, 03:53:43 am »
Maaaai, I think your cosplay looks awesome. Looking forward to the lulz ahead. If you're looking for constructive criticism, though, well, I fail at that. XD I usually either like things, or don't. And I like your cosplay. ;D

Your wig stayed on better than mine, didn't it? Every five seconds, someone would try to fix mine. XD

OH, OH, OH, MAI! GUESS WHAT?! I'm on my Wii~~. And, I replied to Yuusei-wig-commission lady. Isn't it sad that I'm making arrangements for next year's cosplay a week before this year's convention? (And I still have bits to work on for this year, too...)

Yuusei is not amused with his expensive wig. NOT AMUSED. I kind of feel bad for this commissioner, though...I would go crazy if I had to make a massive crab-wig without knowing the character, nor knowing the love and adoration and passion that his fans feel for him; her only urge to make the wig will be money, and, her buyer's happiness, I guess, but, you know... If I end up only being able to afford the wig...I'll probably throw together the most random outfit for Yuusei next year. Probably some kind of cross-dressing, because my muse had me draw Yuusei in a women's top and skirt today, and I was highly amused...

/random

123, 333?! It's...a conspiracy! A...Yu-Gi-Oh! conspiracy! (My post count plus the number of this post. I have no idea why anyone even bothers with how weird I am anymore...)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:56:19 am by Akesukeru »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2009, 12:43:22 pm »
Uh...Thanks...?

Nah. I'm already planning on who I'm doing for next year...My list keeps getting bigger...

lol
Yeah. I hope you can get the whole outfit. It'd be epic!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2009, 12:59:52 pm »
@neko
Nice mai. ^_^ I like that wig. I can't wait till con. <3

okay So I asked my friend which Yugioh Character I'm mostly like. He said Mai Valentine and I'm like Nuh uh. Then he said only physically but personality wise your like good Bakura. I'm like "I'm limey Man to the Rescue!"

I still can't find a green button up shirt for Rex. :/
da/tumblr

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2009, 02:18:37 pm »
@ Mai: YOU'RE WELCOME. It was basically four in the morning when I posted my last message, so...

I know what you mean...I kind of want to cosplay just about every Yu-Gi-Oh! character ever, eventually. I'm still thinking about Dark Signer Crow for next year, but right now Yuusei is my "main."

I hope I get the whole outfit, too, but...if I do, for next year, maybe I can be Cross-dresser!Yuusei for a day, anyways - pink skirt, banana-colored leggings...stuff I would never, ever, EVER wear unless I was wearing a Yuusei wig. How wonderful. YOU SHOULD BE JACK NEXT YEAR, AND CROSS-DRESS WITH ME.

@ TOFU-PIZZA: It's a great thing to be like good Bakura personality-wise! ^_^ He's so nice...I'm nice, but...oh-so insane. XD Not too much like Ryou, although he seems to have pent-up insanity~...

Personality-wise...I should get someone to evaluate me. My brother's friend (one of about three people I know who watches 5D's, and who is TOO EMBARRASSED OF HIS YU-GI-OH LOVE TO ATTEND KUMORICON, or even just show up at the photoshoot for Yu-Gi-Oh! awesomeness) would probably say Jack, because I'm seemingly oblivious and unintelligent, and you can hardly understand a word I say because I have a mad, mad lisp, and I bloody mumble, and I can be rude and impatient at times (or, all of the time). Jack also has yellow/blonde hair, and I say "banana" all the time. I'm not really like anyone other than a mix of Crow and Yuusei and Ryou, to be honest, but, I've been in a Jack mood lately, for some reason.

Huz duh Mahstuh uh Fahstuh? Gotta love it. <3

SHIRT FOR REX?! If you can't find one in a thrift store somewhere, or don't feel like making one, WEAR A GREEN DRESS. Join the Yu-Gi-Oh! cross-dressing movement and WEAR A DRESS!

...I haven't gotten anything done since Yu-Gi-Oh! Bowling. Granted, there isn't much left to do, but, I still haven't been doing anything. xD
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 02:25:27 pm by Akesukeru »

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2009, 08:48:54 pm »
It's a grand shame we can only take a wild guess as to how Kaiba would react to children's card games being played on motorbikes. Odds are if someone posted it in detail, s/he would certainly be banned for lewd content. Yes... Kaiba really does need to get laid.

Here, have this obligatory Kaiba = Light video comparison I found.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #338 on: August 31, 2009, 11:01:17 pm »
Well, I'm thinking of doing one of the actual Dark Signers. Not sure whom yet...But I really want to get those contacts XD But I might do Jack in the future ^^ It'll depend on planning and money...

I really have no clue who I would be most like...I'm change every two seconds.......

I totally agree that Light and Kaiba are lost twins...

And I decided that I'm gonna only wear Mai for the photo shoot. I'll be wearing whom ever I am for cosplay chess monday and then change into Mai afterwords and for the photo shoot. I'm just not that comfortable to be her in front of everyone......yet...But, at least we'll still get some pics with her ^^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #339 on: September 01, 2009, 01:04:11 am »
Yami wigs not completly done yet but heres a progress pic ;D
http://sasunarufangirl11.deviantart.com/art/Yami-wig-Progress-preview-135381739

What do you guys think?
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #340 on: September 01, 2009, 01:53:41 pm »
Oh wow!!! That's gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it when it's done ^^

So, I decided that next year I'm gonna do Dark Signer Misty. I'm already planning on getting the contacts ^^ I'm probably gonna end up wearing them to school one day and freaking everyone out -w-
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #341 on: September 01, 2009, 05:25:32 pm »
@ Chandra Nalaar: In the dub of 5D's, they kind of imply that the series occurs during Kaiba's lifetime. So I've always kind of though that Kaiba had something to do with the conception of D-wheels (in the dub, at least). And, the Kaibadome still exists, so, if he isn't really still alive (in both, or just the original), then I think that Kaiba may have been involved with the conception of "CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES, AMG, PURE COOL EQUALS BRACKET." Kaiba's intelligence, plans, and inventions defy the ages.

...I'll ask Kaiba at Kumoricon, or at the photoshoot, if I see him (YOU xD). Or, if there are multiple, I'll ask all of them. THEN WE WILL KNOOOOW. XD

@ Devyrae: AMG, YOUR YAMI WIG LOOKS SO COOL. I fail at wigs, and so I left my Bakura wig at Jounouchi's house last night. I have no~ idea what it's going to look like when I get it back. XD I trust Jounouchi, though; she'll make it cooler than I ever could, even after a trillion years. ^_^

@ Mai: Lawl, Dark Signer Misty~. xD I started laughing when I read that, because I think someone had been talking about being Carly next year. (Tofu? DON'T EAT ME IF I AM INCORRECT. xD)

THOSE CONTACTS, THOUGH. Maan. xD Weren't they, like, $149? And don't contacts only last a year, or so? D:

I've had a niggling thought/feeling to be Carly next year, also (...if Yuusei doesn't end up costing $$$$ x_XX). Not sure why. Maybe the thought grows larger whenever I say, "I WILL NEVER COSPLAY A GIRL. NEVER, EVER. EVER." Who knows. She seems like she'd be a lot of fun, and I feel like I would/could feel really comfortable as her.

ALMOST TIME TO START THE YU-GI-OH! 2010 THREAD, YEAHHH?

I understand feeling uncomfortable (especially as Mai), but I think you make an awesome Mai. Really pretty, also. ^_^ I'm sure that doesn't change anything, but that's what I think!

JACK ATLA/US. I would be a psycho and say that I'd plan Jack for next year, but, unless I grow a half a foot in a year...probably not. xD

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #342 on: September 01, 2009, 05:49:06 pm »
@ Chandra Nalaar: In the dub of 5D's, they kind of imply that the series occurs during Kaiba's lifetime. So I've always kind of though that Kaiba had something to do with the conception of D-wheels (in the dub, at least). And, the Kaibadome still exists, so, if he isn't really still alive (in both, or just the original), then I think that Kaiba may have been involved with the conception of "CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES, AMG, PURE COOL EQUALS BRACKET." Kaiba's intelligence, plans, and inventions defy the ages.

...I'll ask Kaiba at Kumoricon, or at the photoshoot, if I see him (YOU xD). Or, if there are multiple, I'll ask all of them. THEN WE WILL KNOOOOW. XD

Okay, I admit I know next to nothing about 5D's, but I had assumed it took place in an alternate timeline from the original series and GX. If I'm wrong on that assumption, then yes, I am indeed the legitimate father of those CHILDREN'S TRADING CARD ENHANCED DUEL DISK MOTORCYCLES™!

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2009, 06:14:36 pm »
@ Chandra Nalaar: I don't think the original series says this, but, in the dub, some people say, "No, that ain't Joey Wheeler - that's his cousin, Jesse Wheeler," about a guy they see dueling. Or, something similar. (And, my assumption was Joey's cousin still alive = Joey [probably] still alive = Kaiba [probably] still alive.) YOU KNOW 4KIDS THOUGH; they...change...things. -shifty eyes-

Other than that, I utterly believe that 5D's almost entirely exists in an alternate (UNIVERRSE)...timeline. The timeline (UNIVERRSSSE) of re-used voice actors and funny-yet-awesome (WHUZ DUH MAHSTUH UH FAHSTUH) accents.

Everyone who I recommend 5D's to says, "NO. NEVER." because they all hate sequels, and they're all, "Wow, motorcycles? That sounds so stupid." And, I was like that in both senses, but, after I got into 5D's, I fell in love. And I honestly love it more than Duel Monsters. /getsshot

"FATHER OF CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES/MOTORBIKES/CHEESEMOBILES!" That is a wonderful title. ^_^

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2009, 08:09:55 pm »
Akesukeru: Now I have to see this; if not for the DUEL DISK MOTORBIKES™, then at least for this JACK ATLAS guy I keep hearing about.

PS: "FATHER OF CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES/MOTORBIKES/CHEESEMOBILES™!" is a registered trademark of KaibaCorp. Remember it, punk.

Offline Kayani_Neko

• Catgirl
« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2009, 10:00:30 pm »
So. I might ACTUALLY finish Divine in time. xD;
Damn that wig, damn it to hell! ><;

But yeah. I have butt slacks for him. You know Divine would wear butt slacks. DON'T DENY IT. D:

I really can't wait for this, even though I'll only know Koto. ;_;
Ah, well... Divine's a pimp. <3

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2009, 10:48:16 pm »
Really really quick reply because ahahahaha I'm so behind schedule it's not even funny

Keru, you will.  8U  I'll be styling Aki tomorrow, so it'll be like...wig day or something.

In other news, Kiryu is finished, Rally is almost finished (I handed the coat off to Mom because the sleeves hate me and it was just frustrating me so much argh), Aki is...far, far behind.  I'm working on patterns right now.  Played with eyeliner today, I think what I did looks nice.  Wishing I had brown contacts, though  :C  No pictures until I have time, eep.

...But she's at 55% now because I'm taking a couple shortcuts.  Shhhh.  I suppose it'll be okay if I don't finish something minor by Friday morning, since she won't debut until Sunday, but still.  I'm kind of freaking out.

Now, back to patterns and detail work!

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Kayani_Neko

• Catgirl
« Reply #347 on: September 03, 2009, 12:19:02 am »
Okay. ;_;

Wig day sounds fuuuun~ <3
... Until I remember that god awful curl of his. ;_;
xD

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #348 on: September 03, 2009, 06:24:13 am »
I should I dress up as Rex Raptor for day 0? :3
da/tumblr

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #349 on: September 03, 2009, 06:41:23 am »
Sorry for popping in here, but I just wanted to see how my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayers were doing. x3
I heard that your photoshoot is on Sunday, so don't be surprised if you get stopped by me for some photos first. >: D  And would you guys like an entire group photo if you don't have someone to do that yet? >.o
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%